Home

NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #81
MVP

goosedennis's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360) Later Today For PS3

Though I am still trying to figure out why I had three centres on the ice at the same time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #82
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360) Later Today For PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I would you be able to. That way it would be more realsitic if you got knocked into your own goalie during a front of the net battle. It happens in the NHL where a defender will accidently bump his own goalie, it should happen in the game.
I think it's best that they didn't include that though. Can you imagine how many people would be super pissed about accidentally knocking their goalie over allowing an easy goal to be scored?

I keep finding cool stuff in this demo as I play it Another thing I noticed, somebody else brought it up too, is how much better the puck looks during a slap shot (when the player is winding up to take the shot). I will have to look and see if it still magically moves into position when the player does the move where he spins 180 degrees and takes a slapshot, all in the same motion.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #83
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I think it's best that they didn't include that though. Can you imagine how many people would be super pissed about accidentally knocking their goalie over allowing an easy goal to be scored?

I keep finding cool stuff in this demo as I play it Another thing I noticed, somebody else brought it up too, is how much better the puck looks during a slap shot (when the player is winding up to take the shot). I will have to look and see if it still magically moves into position when the player does the move where he spins 180 degrees and takes a slapshot, all in the same motion.
He doesn't, he whiffs it seems when trying that slapper.

I really like the new skating. You can really see some differences in style and so forth, not sure why people would be opposed to it. Not sure I'm seeing signature traits or anything in the demo, but you can definitely tell the difference between bigs and smalls more this year when it comes to movement, checking, strength on puck (shielding the puck has a use again).

Oh, and the hip checks were not this out of hand in the demos I played at preview events, so not sure why they got amped up here so much.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #84
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Well I hope things turn out for the best. Next year however, Please EA, can we get presentation to where it needs to be? NBA2k levels or at the very least the Show?
When a game is solid in presentation like NBA 2K11 but not great elsewhere, NHL can get with it (like a comparison between NHL and NHL 2K).

When the presentation is like NBA 2K11 in a game and the game is fun like crazy like NBA 2K11 is, then NHL can't get away with it.

Even Madden 12, in the demo, with many improvements, won't get away with it since the presentation bar was already set and that everything below that won't make it.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #85
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

-I also feel like the graphics here are not on the level that I saw at preview events. The ice especially stands out here.

-For sure more gritty goals being scored.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #86
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

whats up with the gray swoosh type lines on the ice inside the nets?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #87
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I would you be able to. That way it would be more realsitic if you got knocked into your own goalie during a front of the net battle. It happens in the NHL where a defender will accidently bump his own goalie, it should happen in the game.
i agree, it should be in.. but, i guess ea seen the issue that it could cause and left it out? maybe work out the kinks with it and add for NHL 13?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 8
I strongly dislike the fact that I can't curl and drag around players anymore. By that, I mean starting around the 3pm or 9pm position (depending on handedness) and moving the right stick around to the other side. Everytime I try, the player just does some weird forehand-backhand deke that ends up getting poke-checked. I hope this is just a minor bug and not something they actually removed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »