Home

NHL 12 Available Now For 360, 6:00 PM EST For PS3 for Season Ticket Users

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Available Now For 360, 6:00 PM EST For PS3 for Season Ticket Users within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #25
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 12 Available Now For 360, 6:00 PM EST For PS3 for Season Ticket Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
guys how do I get season ticket and how much is it, and how much is NHL when I get the season ticket?
You get it through your console (i.e. PSN Store) for $25.

Games are still whatever your local game store is charging...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Good lord! This is a biggie. As soon as I started the dload, it was over 300 min and now it's fluctuating in the 200 min range at only 1% dloaded. This is bananas...
Ok, I just got home - 47% downloaded. WTF!!!!??? THIS is some B.S. I just tries turning my PS3 off to turn it back on and NOW I'm getting an update of some airy that won't complete if I get out of it. Smh...
Old 09-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
...not to mention I'm headed out to get Resistance 3. I was hoping to have NHL dloaded and installed by the time I got back. I see that's not going to happen...2%...oops, now 3%
Meant to quote this post, before. Heh.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #28
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

****... I was at 95%, lost internet for a sec, and now I have to start over!

I guess the PS3 doesn't have any kind of resume feature for their downloads?
Old 09-09-2011, 11:43 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

not sure if I should put this here or in a glitches thread, but I dont have the retail version but the season pass version. I am playing a Be a GM pre-season game between the Flyers (me) and Rangers (CPU). Scored an empty netter in the 3rd period and then all of a sudden the players start to disappear and the game goes extremely slow. and I cant even grab the puck with my player. It finally went away as the time finally went to zero, but this was 5th game played today and 1st time I have experienced this.

Subscribe to my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/buyah2k
Old 09-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

i'm getting an EA Servers are unavailable message when I try to play NHL 12 through Season Ticket. I played earlier tonight. This sucks.

EDIT: after the 4th try to connect, it worked. So keep trying.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 33
It must be the first time us guys in the UK have got a hockey game before you guys in North America.

It's been a while but I'm finding myself really enjoying EA's NHL series this year. The last couple of years have seen rehashed efforts but for NHL 12 I actually feel the purchase is justified. Don't get me wrong, NHL 12 isn't a whole new game. When I first loaded up & got the same looking menus I started to think here we go again. However after just a couple of games I found myself totally hooked.

Although EA have once again failed to include a realistic Broadcast Cam, this year the view has benefited from larger players on the rink. The increase in player size also adds to the realism & intensity of this fast team sport. The movement of the players feels alot more fluid & I've seen lots of new animations. Especially impressive are the player collisions & puck physics.

Another nice touch is the Action Tracker. When I first heard about this I thought this is probably a gimmick but it is a nice feature that gives players the opportunity to track & view key moments throughout the game. On that point the replays have improved, largely because of the more variety of camera angles on show.

Simulating games is also more rewarding thanks not only to the fact it's far more informative than previous efforts but is also a lot better presented, utilizing the same presentation elements as those seen in played games. All in all the whole game feels more complete than in the last couple of years. Even the commentators have some new lines, with a lot more Team/Player specific lines. NHL 12 still falls short of the presentation levels seen in NBA 2K, MLB the Show & even Madden but it has made some steps in the right direction. Stat overlays for instance are few & far between & cut scenes are all too repetitive.

Gameplay has always been a strength of the franchise & this year is no exception. It seem every time you play the game you see something new. Penalties are also being called more realistically this year. Sadly the Fight Engine remains as woeful as ever.

EA have come through this year with NHL 12, even if you have NHL 11 this years game still warrants buying. Now I haven't been able to say that about this game for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Been trying to get this for the last hour with no luck. Stuck at 1% for over an hour. SMH @ EA. Can I get a refund?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »