Home

NHL 13 Delivers Major Innovations That Will Change the Way You Play the Game

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Delivers Major Innovations That Will Change the Way You Play the Game within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #25
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NHL 13 Delivers Major Innovations That Will Change the Way You Play the Game

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 13 Delivers Major Innovations That Will Change the Way You Play the Game

Sorry to be skeptical, but I've read releases like this before "LOOK!!!! All new!!!! Super awesome stuff!!!!"

The more bold characters and "!!!" used must mean the game has improved 1000-fold.

This game is strictly a rental first. I will not pay more than $5 for this game.
If the skating and AI has really improved then perhaps.
But correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't read anywhere in there that player separation or roles would be a lot more defined in NHL13.
So I'll wait and see.

Chances are the CPU will still be able to do whatever it wants with any player on the ice regardless of who it's controlling.

The only thing that really excited me about this press release is FINALLY a 30-team online Be a GM league.
This is something that has been long, long, overdue. Hopefully it's implemented right and isn't watered down or full of bugs.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

only thing that would have made this better would be the announcement of a roster vault.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #28
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

closes eyes, mutters to self: i wont get hyped up. i wont get hyped up. i wont get hyped up. i wont get hyped up.

reads press release

SKATING!?!

ONLINE GM MODE?!

goodbye $60.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #29
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Sorry to be skeptical, but I've read releases like this before "LOOK!!!! All new!!!! Super awesome stuff!!!!"
There's plenty of room for skepticism and while I'll allow myself to dream at the moment, I ultimately need to see/feel the new skating in action before I'm sold on it. However, as much as the two of us have droned on & on about the need for better skating, I assumed you'd be doing the dance of joy with me.

Something I noticed in coming back to the thread a second time was the screenshot. I skipped directly to the meat of the post, but this time I checked it out. The body positioning of the players looks SO much better. Let's hope that's a good sign the NHL team is on the right track.

Last edited by Qb; 05-18-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Very positive annocement. I love that each team will be unique, but can one change the style of how a team plays through be a gm, IE hiring a new coach and trades or will each team just be set in their way no matter what is done.

Besides that I am very happy and my underpants have become quite sticky
Old 05-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #31
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yeah, this blows last year's announcement completely out of the water. Last year all we got was a screenshot of a goalie collision happening in the Winter Classic and a video of Rammer talking about those features. This year it looks like they're going balls to the wall. I love it.

I mean honestly I would have been happy with just an announcement of the skating upgrade today but to throw in Online GM mode, a new AI system, etc, etc is just awesome.
Odd numbered years ftw.

All sounds very promising. Skating and online dynasty are huge, obviously. NHL Moments is a nice addition. I'm curious how the "100% physics based skating system" impacts collision and checking, since the hitting in NHL 12 left quite a bit to be desired. Also wondering about continued improvements to puck physics...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6
This game needs a presentation overhaul, as its football counterparts are getting. The game itself is still a great game, but its starting to get stale. I can't remember the last hockey game to have great presentation. In game highlights and daily scores of what's going around the league would really help get you into your season, especially during a playoff push.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »