Home

Real faces...PLEEEEEEEEEEASE

This is a discussion on Real faces...PLEEEEEEEEEEASE within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Real faces...PLEEEEEEEEEEASE

I'm glad that NHL 13 is introducing a new skating engine. It's been a major gripe of mine throughout the series because it looks like the players are just floating on the ice.

Another thing that pisses me off with this series: player faces.

For some reason, EA has never gotten player faces right. Sure, there are some correct faces (mainly the "superstars" but even then they look off) but most of the players have some generic face that looks nothing like their face picture when a stat overlay comes up or when you score a goal.

With technology these days, how hard can it be to get some proper faces in the game? Really takes away from the immersion of the game don't you think?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Real faces...PLEEEEEEEEEEASE

It would be a nice addition. FIFA does a good job with getting faces right.

With most of the top teams in soccer, if you zoom in on a player's face you can almost always identify who it is without seeing their jersey. The same cannot be said for NHL.

That being said, it is also pretty low on my wishlist. It would just be icing on the cake!

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 05-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

This absolutely needs to get done. I've stated it before but how come The Show can have all real life head scans from the neck up, yet NHL (who has way less players to handle) cannot seem to add any. I mean any player any The Show with a real life player card has their head scanned. Why is it not possible for NHL to do this. I'm sick of seeing Pierre Marc Bouchard with hair on his head, or Cal Clutterbuck with no beard. If EA won't give us real life faces than at least let us edit them so we can make them look somewhat close. It's just things like this that put this game so far behind the top sports games like The Show, FIFA, and NBA 2k. It's the little things that count and show us they care about the game they are producing. I will say I would rather have the major changes they are doing to this years game over more real faces though, but this sort of thing should have been done at least in 09.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 05-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Let us customize the players' faces so we can get them right.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Let us customize the players' faces so we can get them right.
why??? i mean if this is sliders sure... definitely we need to customize it. but faces??? its the responsibility of EA to give us real faces IMHO. Even in the created-a-player, it barely resemble to the one i chose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I'm glad that NHL 13 is introducing a new skating engine. It's been a major gripe of mine throughout the series because it looks like the players are just floating on the ice.

Another thing that pisses me off with this series: player faces.

For some reason, EA has never gotten player faces right. Sure, there are some correct faces (mainly the "superstars" but even then they look off) but most of the players have some generic face that looks nothing like their face picture when a stat overlay comes up or when you score a goal.

With technology these days, how hard can it be to get some proper faces in the game? Really takes away from the immersion of the game don't you think?

I dunno looks like Chara to me in all honesty. Some of you guys really love to nitpick.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Ehhh Chara's isn't too bad but I agree they should all look closely like themselves. I think NBA 2K does REALLY well with that.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I dunno looks like Chara to me in all honesty. Some of you guys really love to nitpick.
Totally agree. The Chara's not bad. I do hope they add some new players though. I noticed last year they updated a few. I know Duncan Keith was updated last year. This year I'm hoping that Dave Bolland makes the cut.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »