Home

EA Sports Explains How the Hercules Check in NHL 13 Really Happened

This is a discussion on EA Sports Explains How the Hercules Check in NHL 13 Really Happened within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #33
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports Explains How the Hercules Check in NHL 13 Really Happened

I like the video, and i'm glad they can take a laugh, but dear god i wish they would do something with the hitting.
I've lowered the hit power slider to 0 for the CPU, and put it on 3 for me, and so far hip-checks are the only way i can take the CPU down.
But conversely, the CPU drops me left and right. Most obnoxiously when my guy is in front of the net. I'm fine with the pushing (Actually, not really, it kind of drives me insane, because my guys have a hard enough time connecting with one timers when they're open, but when they're magnetically being sucked into the d-men, it's even worse). But now i've lost Perron and Oshie both in the span of a week. Not because i skated them into big hits, or left them in open ice to take a big check...but because they were standing next to the net, away from the play, and they got drilled. It's the only way i'm getting injuries. If they could just tune this hitting and make it workable, it would be a lot better.
I get momentum and go to check a guy only to have a big guy like Backes or Reaves bounce of (Or worst of all, I had Stewart go to hit a guy, fall down, get back up, then hit him again and knock himself 3 feet back).
The hitting is getting to be one of the most frustrating things for me. There's almost no way to separate the guys from the puck now. The CPU can just keep pivoting and skating around me, so i'm forced to wait for them to start heading forward and hope one of my 4 poke-checks can actually hit the puck.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #34
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
It isn't just this glitch which almost never happens. It is the whole package. Penalties being 99% absent until recently. Hitting physics overall still feel off. It isn't just this when a player changes, but can happen other times. Fifa has the same bug and it almost cost me a game (my defender went flying and the shot ended up going off the post and just wide). Plus there have been all sorts of quirks and glitches that most of us do see all the time.

I know games are never perfect at release, but NHL13 had a lot of rough edges that personally shouldn't have been there.
Well, I give them credit for changing enough that the game comes off as unpolished in some areas sometimes. That means they are trying to do, in a way, too much at one time. I CERTAINLY give them credit for trying to continue to evolve in the genre even though they have no competitor out there right now. I like the new skating engine - funny how it copies with the NHL 2K skating engine that some people hated, but I digress. I like it and I'm glad they went that direction. I'm sure there are enough situation where this bug would hurt the gameplay directly, but I've yet to see it. Again, if they don't FIX it, then there's a problem.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #35
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
But conversely, the CPU drops me left and right. Most obnoxiously when my guy is in front of the net.
But EA has always balanced the game this way. Welcome to the club.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #36
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I like the video, and i'm glad they can take a laugh, but dear god i wish they would do something with the hitting.
I've lowered the hit power slider to 0 for the CPU, and put it on 3 for me, and so far hip-checks are the only way i can take the CPU down.
But conversely, the CPU drops me left and right. Most obnoxiously when my guy is in front of the net.
Change it the other way around!

It's well known that the hitting power sliders are switched, so the power you set for the CPU is actually the power for the HUM... and the other way around.

And 3 is really high, so you're gonna get wrecked with your settings.

I'd advise you to put them on even level, example 2/2.
But if you want to have the edge over the CPU, you need to put the CPU slider higher as the sliders are in fact mixed. (Example: CPU 2 / HUM 0)

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #37
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Well, I give them credit for changing enough that the game comes off as unpolished in some areas sometimes. That means they are trying to do, in a way, too much at one time.
When people find bugs in their first hour of having the game, that's a poor testing job. No penalties, goofy tuner updates which almost everyone hated, glitch goals, etc.

I'm kind of tired of people telling me to "just relax". With no competition, we need to hold EA to a higher standard.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #38
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Unknown_Poster
Lighten up a little.
No. Maybe if you were here in September when penalties were broken, tuners were breaking the game and all sorts of bugs still exist a month later you would feel different.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #39
Rookie

STRANGExBREW's Arena

OVR: 0

It's a video game. One of the better ones they have released lately.

No need to freak out. Life will continue.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #40
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
When people find bugs in their first hour of having the game, that's a poor testing job. No penalties, goofy tuner updates which almost everyone hated, glitch goals, etc.

I'm kind of tired of people telling me to "just relax". With no competition, we need to hold EA to a higher standard.
First hour? I think that's a stretch. I hear what you're saying, but I think this is making a mountain out of a mole hill. I certainly think they are going to fix it if it hasn't been fixed already. And it's funny as hell. So why not laugh along with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »