Home

NHL 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #49
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
Did they fix the "True" Broadcast camera? Last year it was zoomed in too much.
i tried it out, it seems the same.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i tried it out, it seems the same.
smfh! Ridiculous!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #51

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
smfh! Ridiculous!
Yeah it would be nice if we could use this as a custom camera and zoom it out a bit.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #52
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

From someone who has played the NHL series this gen more than any other title (and probably every gen):

So far I like how the goalies are tuned. I was pretty good at the game last year, but the goalies abilities to go post to post and stop some impossible shots just felt like poor gameplay tuning.

Puck chop is also really good this year.

Skating is a good improvement. I just hope they don't nerf it between demo and retail like last year.

A lot of subtle things, but they sum to a good effort.

It's the end of the generation, and I think this has been one of the better series, but like we all expected, 14 is not a huge upgrade.

As for player differentiation. I actually thought on higher difficulties it was pretty good last year. Not great. I think it's decent this year too. I certainly couldn't pull off the same moves with Shaw that I could with Kane in the time I played. I was also able to blow by Johnny Boychuk with Hossa for a breakaway goal.

I seem to be in the minority, but I liked and played '13 a lot last year for all its flaws, and so I like what I've seen in the demo. I may hold off a while to get this, but I expect I will at some point once the season rolls around and I get the itch.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 08-20-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 15

A developer came to the EA forums and said online is set to Hardcore Sim setting.

I am pretty excited about that!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #54
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
A developer came to the EA forums and said online is set to Hardcore Sim setting.

Wow!

I think the default hardcore is decent this year.

It's interesting how they've tuned manual passing. It feels more like I think people were expecting it to feel when they implemented it back in NHL 10 (I think), and people criticized it for being too slow and not responsive enough—though the pass assist is pretty high and I can't change that, and I've played with it at zero the past few years.

I just jumped into free skate and was impressed with the variety of goals, goalie animations, and puck behavior. No, the goalies are not NHL 2k, but they are improved.

It also seems like they've tuned the way the puck reacts when it hits the post now. It's hard to describe but it feels like it's heavier and the deflections are better implemented. I know that doesn't seem to communicate much, but if you've been to a live game and see someone snipe one off the post it looks like that, and not what it has looked like in the game since '07.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #55

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647

That's good news. Where did they mentioned that at?

Also, I still hate the pass assist at 4 on hardcore simulation. At 0 it's a mess, 3 is too easy, they should set it at 2! They won't. Lol. But it seems perfect there.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

cant believe its not avaibable for ps3 yet....cmon psn

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »