Home

NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #33
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update

Ha, they've seemingly made the game so bad in the past that simply just fixing mistakes that they had put in themselves is enough to warrant a purchase for a good bit of people.

I see a lot of "well, if the puck no longer bounces... then I am buying". Or the theory that since it is still "fully" featured that this is the route to go. As if the game was great before.

I would love to have the leniency at my job that some of the people at EA seemingly get with some of their customers.

There is nothing about this game that would warrant a purchase from me. And I have never seen such blatant disregard for a fan-base and their desires and wishes as I have from EA lately.

Last edited by bigwill33; 09-05-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well...gameplay feels tighter. AI making better decisions, not as easy to get into the middle of the slot. Played as a goalie, everything seemed pretty smooth on Hardcore Sim, Superstar. Went into a LTL as a D-man, was very disheartened to see the AI offensive players still do that go wide, shield puck into the slot move.

Haven't gone deep into LTL or GM, but everything is seemingly the same off-ice. It really is just a slightly cleaned up version of 14. And...wow. I can't believe they're charging $60 for this. It seriously makes me feel sick.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #35
Rookie

Comp's Arena

OVR: 0

I cringed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #36
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Does speed attribute affect a players skating speed? In the past this wasn't the case.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #37
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

Wow watching the stream. Literally exact same game. So it's either a $60 roster update or a $60 next Gen online only game. Haha
Old 09-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #38
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7
NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update

I wonder if the ps3 verison will become downloadable on ps4? I sold my ps3 so no way of playing it lol

Also goalies and players equipment updates (bauer 4500 in?).

How are the PIM in season/franchise modes? When i simmed it in nhl14, pim was off! Enforcers would be lucky to get 100 PIM in a season, 82 games. So I wonder if thats fixed.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Will the PS3 version be available digitally? I'm in Korea so it's a lot easier to just download my games now. But I haven't seen anything on the PSN store about pre-ordering it or anything... I noticed Madden for PS3 was available digitally. Was there any advance notice or pre-order option for that one or did they just make it available on release day? Hoping they'll do the same for NHL 15.

Personally, I'm pumped about these little changes (i.e. no more bouncing puck, new commentary, improved physics, etc.) NHL 14 was a phenomenal game and the best of the series in my opinion. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #40
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
EA,

Please consider changing the yearly gaming cycle to a subscription service similar to iRacing. This format obviously isn't working for consumers. Come September 9th, it won't work well for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »