Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #489
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I have both (x360/xb1) and the puck physics are exceptional over last gen. The graphics are obviously much better as well as the crowd and arenas. Game play is a mixed bag, however.
Thanks. So you think the game play on the older consoles is better than on current gen?
Old 11-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #490
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Thanks. So you think the game play on the older consoles is better than on current gen?
I'm not sure how to put it into words.. last gen is what most of us who have played this series for years are used too.. with a few tweaks for the better. Current gen has been a roller coaster ride for many of us. There are times I'm in love with the current gen game and it really feels like I'm at a hockey game.. then, SMACK things happen that make me shut off the game. It's a love and hate relationship for me.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #491
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaba09
The problem is, there's no real alternative....2k's nhl games before were not exactly groundbreaking....
That's the worst part. Even when 2K wasn't really producing great games, the competition was still there, and EA had to at least humor the idea of competition. It honestly feels like the NHL series has gotten more focused on money, and less on pleasing all of the fans since the 2K series folded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #492
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm only 11 games into my BeaGM for like the 4th time after patches, roster updates and what not, but as long as this game doesn't go into beast mode, I'm back to really enjoying this game quite a bit now.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:09 AM   #493
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I'm only 11 games into my BeaGM for like the 4th time after patches, roster updates and what not, but as long as this game doesn't go into beast mode, I'm back to really enjoying this game quite a bit now.
its such a good game when the game speed is normal.

but like you said, its like watching a game in fast forward when beast mode goes into effect. i dont know why ea kept that crap in the game for next gen.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #494
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
its such a good game when the game speed is normal.

but like you said, its like watching a game in fast forward when beast mode goes into effect. i dont know why ea kept that crap in the game for next gen.
Agree 100%. Had way too many good playing games ruined by beast mode.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #495
Rookie

NightRaven3's Arena

OVR: 0

So im new to this nhl thread, but have been a fan of hockey since I was a little kid. The last nhl game I bought was nhl 99. Then I switched to nhl 2k series. I know thats a long time, and I've been hesitant because well its an EA game and they haven't well lately been about a sim experience. So could someone tell me is this franchise worth getting back into? Does it play a good game of hockey? What are the strengths? What are the weaknesses?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 01:27 AM   #496
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven3
So im new to this nhl thread, but have been a fan of hockey since I was a little kid. The last nhl game I bought was nhl 99. Then I switched to nhl 2k series. I know thats a long time, and I've been hesitant because well its an EA game and they haven't well lately been about a sim experience. So could someone tell me is this franchise worth getting back into? Does it play a good game of hockey? What are the strengths? What are the weaknesses?
You should be able to find a fair amount of impressions, both good and bad. Ultimately some love it, some hate it; there's very little "middle" ground.

That said, if you really haven't played an NHL game in that long, and you're considering this for x1/ps4 and you're a fan of hockey, this is a must buy. The graphics and puck physics (and presentation for that matter; regardless of what us yearly adapters think) will blow you away. Plus there's plenty of slider sets out there to at the very least give you a base to work with to tweak the game to your liking, if not find the perfect balance.

NHL fan, Black Friday deals, being away from NHL game for 10+ years....personally I think you'll enjoy it, man. And certainly get some value out of it. Good luck!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »