Home

NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 11:54 PM   #177
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

I'd like to extend a big Thank You for the valuable information you all supplied in helping me decide whether to get this game or not.

To all you die-hard and passionate hockey lovers around the globe
Old 09-12-2015, 12:50 AM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
that would be a mistake.

this place is almost as bad as the EA forums .don't fall for the b.s. piling on that goes on around here.
don't believe me?? go take a gander at ALL THE OTHER GAME THREADS. you WILL see a commonality to them.

make up your own mind. rent it first if you must, but don't let these guys influence you one way OR the other.

most of their complaining is about trivial things anyway.
Totally agree. The little things that are deal breakers tell me that people are like that about everything in life. Get what you deserve if it kills your capacity for fun.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:53 AM   #179
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
that would be a mistake.

this place is almost as bad as the EA forums .don't fall for the b.s. piling on that goes on around here.
don't believe me?? go take a gander at ALL THE OTHER GAME THREADS. you WILL see a commonality to them.

make up your own mind. rent it first if you must, but don't let these guys influence you one way OR the other.

most of their complaining is about trivial things anyway.
What are the trivial things you're talking about? Most of what I've read are gameplay related issues that have been a consistent theme in this series for a long long time.

I find the NHL forum much better in regards to people speaking truthfully because there's a lot less people. Nobody honestly gives a crap to come on here and bash the game to ruin it for other people, when they haven't even played it themselves. Madden absolutely but NHL not really. Honestly if someone has the time in their lives to come on here and just bash a bunch of things about the game after not having played it then they need to find something else to do.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-12-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:23 AM   #180
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 eighty 5
I'll get my hockey fix playing Rocket League.
Alright, now I've heard it all.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 09-12-2015, 03:38 AM   #181
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, after playing I can say I have saved myself $60.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 07:25 AM   #182
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
I'm not an EA Sports or NHL fanboy, but you can't be serious about comparing Rocket League to an NHL game. Two different animals.
What I am saying is Rocket League gets the organic, unscripted gameplay necessary for a ballistic style sports game. EA NHL had just never got this right. Don't know how long you've been playing the series but this has been an issue for fans for years especially against the AI.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #183
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul
Totally agree. The little things that are deal breakers tell me that people are like that about everything in life. Get what you deserve if it kills your capacity for fun.
While I agree there are some people who will never be happy I think that most of the gripes are legit. Trivial to me would be if the game was solid and guys were bitching that there are no Mascots in the game or playoff beards....oh EA put those in but not season goal totals shown throughout the season. I have maintained all along that I will buy the game because I love playing hockey. I also have said all along that my expectation is NHL 14 next gen. It will be a bit disappointing but I will find a way to enjoy it like I did with 14. That doesn't mean I'm not totally dumbfounded and annoyed that certain things are missing from the game.....again. My gripes:
Lack special teams play - totally not trivial to complain about this. It's almost as important as having pucks in the game lol.
Lack of player separation - totally not trivial to want Colton Orr to not play like Bobby Orr.
Season Goals Shown During BeaGM or Season Mode - totally not trivial since it was in the past 5-6 previous releases until NHL15. As cool as the mascots and beards are I would rather have had this.
Many of the gameplay gripes guys have are legit also. Again I agree there are those that would find something to complain about no matter what but no way are these forums anything like the childish bitch Fest and playground name calling that goes on in the EA forums. Most guys here are respectful and use constructive criticism in the hopes the squeaky wheel get oiled and the moderators are quick to deal with knuckleheads.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:56 AM   #184
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Sure having impressions are great, but they're just that. There's a reason some of us love sauerkraut and some people hate it. If you only judge by the smell, how would you ever know of you like it!

Most every complaint here is LEGIT, the AI, the penalties etc and so on. Buy guess what, it's the same people complaining about the same things ever year. WHICH IS ALSO OK because we want the best hockey experience possible and expect EA to deliver.

But my MAIN point is you can still have fun with this game, Believe it or not. For its shortcomings and misses I'm still enjoying it!!! Hard to believe I know. That there could be so many people complaining about so many things for so many years, yet the game is still fun!

Try it for yourselves, don't take my word or anyone's word here as gospel. If you play it and don't like it fine. And use the impressions as a guide. You never know, once you play you may completely change your mind.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »