Home

NHL 17 Features Revealed - NHL Draft Champions, World Cup of Hockey & More

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Features Revealed - NHL Draft Champions, World Cup of Hockey & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 03:51 PM   #25
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 17 Features Revealed - NHL Draft Champions, World Cup of Hockey & More

Hope you can turn all the ticket/concessions crap off in BeaGM, I would rather stuff like goal totals added then messing with all that fluff.

Excited though.. as long as I can play and do GM stuff like signing and trading players and leaving the other stuff on auto, I'll be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #26
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
No GM Connected = no steelerfan.

With the caveat that if the gameplay is greatly improved and BAGM is worthwhile, I'd consider it. I'm not very hopeful for either though.

ECHL won't matter unless it is integrated into BAGM and 100 point sliders could be a welcomed addition, on a positive note.
For sure, if they actually work/do anything. I'm not really sure that this day and age we'll ever have fully working sliders from any sports game. I don't think companies want to give users the ability to completely "break" the game with zero'd out sliders, given everyone is streaming and uploading stuff all the time. Then again, there are enough glitches and terrible videos out there to sink some products as they are I suppose...
Old 06-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sounds stinking rad to me! I love a deep offline franchise mode. I hope the create a team/arena stuff is not only for EASHL.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:52 PM   #28
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

To me, all these new game modes reads as very little done to the AI. Game modes dont fix the broken gameplay. Facepalm ...
Old 06-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #29
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
I hope "Authentic Goalies" means:

-Goalies actually have normal reaction times when it comes to anticipating lateral movement. Seriously, the number of cross-crease onetimers that get turned aside with a routine sliding butterfly save is absolutely ridiculous. It does sound like there will be more desperation (or "athletic") saves triggered in these situations.

-Goalies will overcommit once in awhile and get drawn out of position.

-Short side saves are now routine. Note that I'm not talking about on onetimers or dekes, I'm talking straight shots off the wing that are headed to the closest side of goal. You very rarely see today's NHL goalies give one up short side. Could probably say the same for five hole. Not often that you see an NHL goalie beat through the wickets, unless it's on a deke in close.

-No more animations where the goalie ends up on his butt! I know this has minimal impact on gameplay, but it drives me nuts! You maybe saw this from pro goalies in the 1980s and 90s, but not any more. ALL goalies are taught to keep their crouch low and the weight on the balls of their feet. If anything, you're more likely to see an NHL goalie flat on his stomach than sitting on the ice.

-Fix the puckhandling glitches where the puck warps into the net off the goalie's stick.

Last edited by ianlast; 06-07-2016 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:13 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 11
I love what I am hearing about Franchise mode, I am just not sure if it is the same as Be a GM or a seperate mode entirely. I hope it is a Be a GM replacement. We'll see though.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:04 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yeah, half-fast there is no AI work either. I believe the whole sliders feature is there to cover-up this notion.

Typically Rammer and the gang usually go gangbusters for AI work. Not to mention they brag about presentation but not this installment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 09:58 AM   #32
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

100 point sliders... I can see it now

Passing accuracy 52 clicks
Pass reception 48 clicks

etc... lol.. take an hour just to click them all

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »