Home

NHL 17 - More Details on Gameplay, Franchise, EASHL & Much More (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on NHL 17 - More Details on Gameplay, Franchise, EASHL & Much More (Game Informer) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2016, 10:47 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
The most complete article I've read about NHL 17 to date. This is jam packed with information.

I love how the article pointed out things we've been requesting for years and called EA out on it like the SHARING ROSTER or OVERHAUL PLAYER RATINGS.

Really wish they threw some more love toward Franchise mode seems like they just did BeAGM and added moving teams/finances. Is that what we really wanted? Sure it will be nice for a year or two but how about more attention to scouting, drafting and developing players which is what the mode is all about in the first place?

Overall can't complain too much from such a small dev team. I just think this entire NHL franchise needs a shakeup from a new team. Madden went through one in recent years and it appears they are on the right track while this one is starting to become stale. Rammer and his squad keep rehashing the same stuff as in previous gen titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2016, 11:36 AM   #26
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Don't count on it being anything like NBA. NHL is a much smaller budget title. Expect the team relocation to be somewhat like Madden's has been for years.

As far as created teams, there is no info yet. Last gen you could create a team from any city you named and replace whatever team you wanted in GM mode with. It was a functional, if barebones, implementation.
Thanx for the response, but I hope that isn't the case on having to wait.
There are some logos/colors of teams I think are ugly. So if I want to get rid of the Devils and/or another team or 2, I have to play a year or 2 with them 1st (isn't that how Madden works? I haven't got a game for a few years).
Why wouldn't we just be able to get rid of them from the start and use our created teams at the beginning?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:54 AM   #27
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Re: NHL 17 - More Details on Gameplay, Franchise, EASHL & Much More (Game Informer)

So essentially all this game did was add build a team in for franchise and EASHL, added net battles back in that were already a thing a few years ago, and updated some rosters, which will have everyone grouped together but everyone already plays the same anyway so whats it matter.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 17 - More Details on Gameplay, Franchise, EASHL & Much More (Game Informer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Agreed on Madden. I really like it, and I'm looking forward the feature (however it is implemented) in NHL.
Me too.
I like how I may have to play a full season before relocation, which should affect attendance.

Madden's always had a much deeper franchise mode and I'm glad the NHL series is finally getting some love in that regard.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #29
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Me too.
I like how I may have to play a full season before relocation, which should affect attendance.

Madden's always had a much deeper franchise mode and I'm glad the NHL series is finally getting some love in that regard.
I hope it actually affects the way they have the divisions. It's going to be frustrating if you do something like move the Coyotes to Hartford...only to have them still play in the Pacific division.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:00 PM   #30
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I really hope they adjusted the way 3 on 3 works with the AI.

The AI pretty much play like they do when it's 5 on 5, but they should be playing much more cautiously without the puck, and more aggressively with it. It would be nice to have a setting to how aggressive you want them to be.

Additionally, it would be nice to see guys try to get open, not just try to move a predetermined distance away from you when you have the puck. Their handedness would really come into play on this.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #31
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I hope it actually affects the way they have the divisions. It's going to be frustrating if you do something like move the Coyotes to Hartford...only to have them still play in the Pacific division.
Lol cmon, we all know it wont and your team will remain in whatever division it was in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2016, 01:45 AM   #32
Rookie

Södy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Lol cmon, we all know it wont and your team will remain in whatever division it was in.
Would be nice if they switch divisions after a few years though. Like with Peg.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »