Home

NHL 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2016, 12:39 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17 Impressions

I love that the CPU cycles the pucks more before shooting now. This will make Be a Pro so much more fun to play, because now the CPU won't get 5 shots per shift if my AI teammates play like garbage. Have you tried any Be a Pro? I'm hoping this is the year, thanks to the sliders, that I can play a full 1,000 game Be a Pro career and have FUN throughout it, with realistic stats.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:19 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

What was the time frame on those 4 penalties you saw? A period? Game? What were the period lengths?

Appreciate the impressions.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2016, 01:28 AM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
What was the time frame on those 4 penalties you saw? A period? Game? What were the period lengths?

Appreciate the impressions.

A period and 10 min periods. I saw 7 penalties in about a period and a half immediately after I changed every penalty to 100. 4 were hooking, 2 were tripping and one was slashing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 01:32 AM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikesburgh
I love that the CPU cycles the pucks more before shooting now. This will make Be a Pro so much more fun to play, because now the CPU won't get 5 shots per shift if my AI teammates play like garbage. Have you tried any Be a Pro? I'm hoping this is the year, thanks to the sliders, that I can play a full 1,000 game Be a Pro career and have FUN throughout it, with realistic stats.
I just played a game of BAP. I didnt play enough to get a full impression. The cycling I was seeing in a regular game wasnt present in my game of BAP.

I played one more game of play now and I got crushed by the Hurricanes. My goalie (Mason for the flyers) couldnt stop a damn thing. One great sign was I saw Carolina legitimately try to dump and chase.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:33 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
A period and 10 min periods. I saw 7 penalties in about a period and a half immediately after I changed every penalty to 100. 4 were hooking, 2 were tripping and one was slashing.
Yeah, that frequency is pretty much unheard of in this series before now, no matter what the penalty (and penalty taking) settings were. Great to hear - hopefully the other sliders go to extremes too.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:05 AM   #14
Rookie

Did you get killed in BaP? The CPU used to do nothing but one timers from the slot and they would score on me a lot. Were the AI teammates somewhat competent? Or did they get stuck behind the net still?
Old 09-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I just played a game of BAP. I didnt play enough to get a full impression. The cycling I was seeing in a regular game wasnt present in my game of BAP.

I played one more game of play now and I got crushed by the Hurricanes. My goalie (Mason for the flyers) couldnt stop a damn thing. One great sign was I saw Carolina legitimately try to dump and chase.
Are the camera angles in BAP the same? I remember hearing last year that they were working on a new camera angle for the mode. Wondering if it made it into this year's game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 07:11 AM   #16
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Goalies in any mode. Is there any distinction, on-ice, in their play styles? Are those styles true to their real-life counterparts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »