Home

Puck carryer slows down around mid ice?

This is a discussion on Puck carryer slows down around mid ice? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #9
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Puck carryer slows down around mid ice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkelley0540
Is anyone else experiencing an issue when the puck carrier is skating up ice fast, but around mid ice the computer slows them down? Has happened to me ever since I've started playing 17. Almost can't play it. Newer controller so I doubt that's the issue. Seems to be some type of animation.
Could it be that you have exhausted your hustle?

Old 10-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

No, has nothing to do with hustle. It's an artificial element added to slow down the human player so he doesn't gain too much speed coming through the neutral zone. It's not lag, it's not frame rate. It's one player, that gets with this boggedness while the CPU and other players catch up or get back into position.

It's along the lines of how the CPU can miraculously skate backwards as fast as any puck carrier can forwards. Or how the CPU will nary get beat on an icing call. Just the opposite, though. Instead of speeding up the CPU players the game slows your player down considerably. It's only for like 2 seconds, but it makes all the difference when it happens. And it's only at certain times. Has a lot to do with momentum in the game.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9JDeaa90Mh8

Perfect example of it happening. This is on a breakaway. Normally happens on a stretch pass or skating through the neutral zone with the puck.

The legs keep pumping, but the player artificially slows down like he is in mud. All while everyone else is not impacted and is able to catch up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #12
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

This thread i have tons of highlights...find me one example.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...al-thread.html
Old 10-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue

Perfect example of it happening. This is on a breakaway. Normally happens on a stretch pass or skating through the neutral zone with the puck.

The legs keep pumping, but the player artificially slows down like he is in mud. All while everyone else is not impacted and is able to catch up.
You can definitely see "slow down" of the player. Not jumping to conclusions or conspiracy theories, but it's as if the AI does that so the opposing team can catch up. Has this happened with NO opposing player around you?
Old 10-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #14
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

That was interesting, actually. Oh well. I'm not really that bent out of shape about it. I'm 44 games into my season and have not felt cheated even once. No crazy comebacks...nothing even close...so, I'm happy. Sometimes, its more about your personal attitude than anything.

You wouldn't believe the amount of people I've heard with complaints (not saying you are one of these individuals) who will complain about something likes its the end of the world, then flippantly admit that they still win almost every game anyways. So, unless an issue is extremely large, I typically am able to over look small stuff. I'm only a few games over .500 which is rare for me...and not once have I felt cheated. I love that. I will remain happy.

Ive a had the CPU come back from down 4-1 to make it 4-3 and then they hit the post with a wide open net...seems to me if there was some comeback conspiracy, that puck would have gone in.

I see little to complain about with the offline game at all this season...

Last edited by onlybygrace; 10-21-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #15
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

From watching that, it looks like the player goes from the faster one-handed pushing, to both hands on the stick, then quickly back to one-handed. Is that animation tied into holding in the L3 button?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 04:23 PM   #16
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkelley0540
If I could return this game I would. The skating / player movement this year is terrible.
Yeah I was having an alright time with the game but yesterday I traded it in and I'm going to go back to the Show. Not trying to talk crap and belittle the developers but it is just, in my opinion, this game is just light years behind the competition. Between what the OP mentioned, CPU defenders skating backwards and still catching my wingers who are "hustling," your AI teammates behaving absolutely clueless, the fact I sometimes skate around the puck in circles because my player won't pick it up, goalie records don't reflect OT wins (STILL?!?!), and all the roster issues, I just shake my head. I've bought it the last 5 years in a row and I've had some fun and even completed a whole season last year, but there are too many frustrating moments. I'm going to hold out on this series for a while and come back when it hopefully clears up some of these legacy issues. There is PLENTY of other stuff to play. I'll just buy NHL season pass and enjoy that this year, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »