Home

What you want from NHL 23?

This is a discussion on What you want from NHL 23? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-13-2022, 09:15 PM   #49
Rookie

bapgap's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What you want from NHL 23?

#1 I would love to see them add NCAA Hockey teams in the game. With NIL in place and college football making a comeback, I'm sure EA can work something out to include college hockey teams in the game. Especially with how many college players have been drafted early in the NHL recently. Plus, you would already have ASU's arena in the game being used by the Coyotes.

I would like to see them bring back fans throwing hats on the ice during a hattrick. Better puck physics and next-gen net physics like in FIFA 23 so that the puck doesn't bounce of the net like its hitting a wall.

Authentic coaches or at least give us the option to rename and edit them.

And finally... plz give us new announcers. Cybulski and Ferraro are awful. The NHL is on ESPN now so bring back the ESPN presentation and maybe include John Buccigross, Darren Pang and Barry Melrose.
Old 08-16-2022, 12:04 AM   #50

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I feel like I might know the answer, but the newest NHL games I've really played is Legacy on PS3.

However, I recently got the chance to play NHL19 on Xbox One.

Theres some stuff I noticed that looked and felt different (camera cuts/angles, presentation), but also some stuff which felt too much the same (goal celebrations, goalie movements/animations and so on).

How much different is the current gen vs the last gen? Has there been even more leaps between NHL22 on PS5 vs NHL19 on PS4/XBox One?

I feel like I could get away with playing 5 min periods and getting a decent amount of play out of the game with realistic stats, and I might not care as much about the most technical stuff, or online play at all.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:15 PM   #51
Rookie

Gameplay: If there's any way to make the game less predictable as far as scoring methods and yet still keep the same frequency of scoring that would be awesome. I don't want them to shut down all my goto scoring tricks such that it's impossible to score. Other than it would be great for the skating to be less on hyper drive but still have a way to accelerate when needed. Also, the skating animation could be improved to look more realistic.
HUT: make Squad Battles a little more interesting, mainly because it's all I play and it would be nice if they made it a little less repetitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 06:17 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I feel like I might know the answer, but the newest NHL games I've really played is Legacy on PS3.

However, I recently got the chance to play NHL19 on Xbox One.

Theres some stuff I noticed that looked and felt different (camera cuts/angles, presentation), but also some stuff which felt too much the same (goal celebrations, goalie movements/animations and so on).

How much different is the current gen vs the last gen? Has there been even more leaps between NHL22 on PS5 vs NHL19 on PS4/XBox One?

I feel like I could get away with playing 5 min periods and getting a decent amount of play out of the game with realistic stats, and I might not care as much about the most technical stuff, or online play at all.
They really changed the glitch goals in 22. Used to be you could score a lot more from the point, now hardly ever. And skating across in front of the goalie and shooting far side is an automatic goal now.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:50 AM   #53

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul
They really changed the glitch goals in 22. Used to be you could score a lot more from the point, now hardly ever. And skating across in front of the goalie and shooting far side is an automatic goal now.
One change I heard about is that they introduced Trade Finder a few years back. Not sure if it stuck? But that's a feature I love from franchise mode a lot because I like trading on it but not spending too much time finding the right deal.

It definitely seems way better than the ps3 era of franchise modes. So advanced and many fine details like pricing, budgeting, scouting staff and all that. And that's just from the NHL19 version. Hopefully if I do wind up getting NHL23, it's even better than what I've seen from 19.

I like that they have the goal horns in for all teams, but I still miss the ability to have custom music in games for goal songs and breaks in play.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:20 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 24

I think NHL22 was great on the ice in my franchise mode and is really in a good spot moving forward.

Gameplay-wise they need to figure out the AI strategies and goaltending. Still way too much passive AI in terms of shooting the puck and goaltenders need a complete revamp. If they could add a deeper level of real coaches with definite strategies and game styles it would make a huge difference. That could go with improvements to the coaches in franchise mode.

They need to fire whoever was in charge of presentation this year and just go all-in on ESPN integration with actual PBP announcers. Using a Vancouver radio host was one of the worst decisions by a studio in history, it rivals Madden going with a radio announcer only.

One small thing I wish EA would bring from NCAA and Madden is using your screenshots from games in the franchise hub.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:26 PM   #55
Rookie

I would like nhl 23 to be available on the PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2022, 06:10 PM   #56
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
You want to see how bad this game actually is? Play Goalie. One period... Heck, play 5 minutes in net. No matter how much you adjust the settings or edit the rosters, I can guarantee you that you are going to want to throw BABIES at the devs before very long.
You may be right... I don't play BeAPro or goalie mode, so I am not sure how bad it is, but will take your word for it...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »