Home

EA Sports UFC Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA Sports UFC Available Now, Post Your Impressions

One thing that has really bugged that i didnt think would after playing the demo is when you rock a fighter and they kinda back away from you theres no way to run down the fighter and continue the punches and kicks, by the time you walk over to him he has recovered
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #226

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
No offense to anyone, but idk why the guys that made EA MMA didn't develop EA UFC. Especially after how the last FN went. I think EA MMA was a better foundation, but EA UFC isn't too bad. It can end up having a lot of longevity with the right patches.

I was thinking that same thing after last night. What bothers me is the claims the game is made from the ground up. That is simply not true. They even use the same Fight Night crowd sound effects.

With that, I don't mind that it is the same developed game. It is that the philosophy is the same. It is this thinking that an insane amount of energy can be used with little consequence on both sides. This game would improve greatly if they would just increase the power of a hit and increase stamina drain for throwing so many hits.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #227
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the best solution is to leave the game as is and label is as Arcade Mode and create a new mode call SIM Mode with more effect on stamina draining, striking and ground and pound game. Everyone would be happy. The casual can play spamming the kick all day and the more hardcore fan can play a mode more tailored to their need.

Make it happen EA.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #228
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

As someone who just stopped fighting in Fight Night Champion this April i can tell you that the ability to make HUGE gameplay shifts with patches existed in that foundation.

They swung and missed a few times but the last time they made an adjustment the formula was as balanced as it ever was and fighting had a better risk / reward. Most people had traded the game in by that time but the game play made big changes with each patch as far as speed of fighters to stamina to effectiveness of certain strikes. As they changed one thing another thing became cheese but in the end over the last year it still had flaws but you stood a chance if you fought your style vs anyone. I used to use HW Meldrik Johnson and take the Tyson spammers apart.

An example for those that didnt play FNC, at one point jabs were useless, then in EA style you could jab and run around and you coundnt get caught and win just off of jabs. In the end with the last patch a Jab was a jab. You could get distance, keep a guy off and control the fight but a jab alone wasn't winning the fight and strong fighters could walk through the jab.

My hope is they can tweak this game to get it balanced and close to right. Doesnt have to be perfect, just move in that direction.

SOS (5 release veteran) --Oakland Raiders

10yard Fight (rookie release)-- Detriot Lions
Old 06-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #229
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Speaking of gameface can you use the Kinect to take the pics? I know on the 360 it wouldn't let you, and I havnt been able to try because all last night I couldn't connect to EA servers
No you cant.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #230
Rookie

vpizzle28's Arena

OVR: 0

Ok,

So Have had my first frustration with the game. Unless I am missing something. Last night when I got home from work, I started a career. GameFace wasn't working so I created a fighter to get started. I played pretty much all night and got to the point I am fighting on the Main Cards. Then before bed, GameFace worked. I created another fighter with my GameFace and started a Career. When I backed out after the first fight on TUF, my other career was no where to be found.

Long story short, can you only have ONE fighter going through Career mode at a time? if so, that is SO STUPID!
Old 06-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #231
Banned

OVR: 0

I think it would cool if EA did a patch that would link power moves and special moves to stamina. Example, you can't do a flying kick off the cage or a power slam if your drained. Instead you'll do basic moves until you gain at least half of your energy. This is would make the game more sim because you don't see fighters spamming special moves in real life and when they do use them, it's not when they're dead tired. This would eliminate the constant barrage of Jon Jones circus kicks I run into online lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #232
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
I think it would cool if EA did a patch that would link power moves and special moves to stamina. Example, you can't do a flying kick off the cage or a power slam if your drained. Instead you'll do basic moves until you gain at least half of your energy. This is would make the game more sim because you don't see fighters spamming special moves in real life and when they do use them, it's not when they're dead tired. This would eliminate the constant barrage of Jon Jones circus kicks I run into online lol.
Yeah every now and again you might go for a desperation punch/highlight reel kick when tired but for the most part it would cut down a lot of the problems.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »