Home

EA Sports UFC Free Content Update Available Now - Adds 4 New Fighters & Some Fixes

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Free Content Update Available Now - Adds 4 New Fighters & Some Fixes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2015, 04:44 PM   #33
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Sports UFC Free Content Update Available Now - Adds 4 New Fighters & Some Fixe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I somewhat agree but would argue that the lack of features has more to do with the new consoles than it does a new game. NHL, a game that was packed full of features on the 360 last year, came to the xbox one lacking many features.

Also, comparing a sports game to another sports game made produced by the same company is fair. This idea that, "well it was their first go at it so we cant expect too much" should also then be accompanied with, "we shouldn't have to pay 59.99."

I don't like that a company can release an unfinished product and charge full price.
When it comes to NG Consoles, the word "lack" shouldn't even come into play. ridiculous.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC Free Content Update Available Now - Adds 4 New Fighters & Some Fixe

Quote:
I somewhat agree but would argue that the lack of features has more to do with the new consoles than it does a new game. NHL, a game that was packed full of features on the 360 last year, came to the xbox one lacking many features.

Also, comparing a sports game to another sports game made produced by the same company is fair. This idea that, "well it was their first go at it so we cant expect too much" should also then be accompanied with, "we shouldn't have to pay 59.99."

I don't like that a company can release an unfinished product and charge full price.
I dont completely agree with that. We are in the information age. So everyone who bought the game at launch knew exactly what they were getting. I paid more than retail for the game and I knew that it was going to lack depth. If someone bought this game at launch and was suprised by the issues they either didnt listen to the tons of posts and reviews panning the game at release or they didnt even research the game at all.

To be honest, I dont think the game was unfinished at all. It was just bad. If you look at all of the patches, there have been maybe 10 moves added to the game (sprawls, touching gloves etc.). They havent added major features. They have basically done what most game companies do and thats release the game and make changes based on player feedback with patches.

The difference here is that there were 6 patches which is way more than the typical number of patches to a game. My point is I dont have an issue with them charging 60 bucks at release. No one is forcing people to buy it at launch.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #35
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0

"Complete" is a highly subjective criteria as well. Not trying to make excuses or anything, but it's true. How can you objectively define when EA Sports UFC is complete or not?

Like aholbert said, it's not like we promised feature X and then left it out. That would certainly be considered an incomplete game.

It may have been incomplete when compared to expectations, and I think that's where a lot of the frustration came from, especially at launch. But again, that's highly subjective as everyone's expectations are different.

I'm just happy we were given the opportunity to make the game better than it was at launch.

Last edited by GameplayDevUFC; 01-24-2015 at 05:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2015, 05:52 PM   #36
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Hey Gameplay, thanks so much for your continued interaction with the community. It continues to exceed expectations.

Given your username, I assume this is out of your jurisdiction, but do you know if there's any way more time and resources can be put into the Create-a-Fighter mode for UFC 2? The gameface feature didn't work very well, and there was no way to edit the in-game model.

My thoughts for UFC 2:

Import Gameface: Hopefully a little more accurate representation of the online version. Either way, provide sliders and capabilities for advanced tuning and tweaking of the in-game model. Also allow modification of things like hair, facial hair, etc.

Create from Scratch: Ever since the inclusion of "gameface" modes, the original model of creating players/fighters took a big hit. Now we're left with a handful of premade models with no ability to edit or fine-tune them, and given how high-quality the licensed fighter models are, both in terms of detail in the model AND the texture, I thought of something that could work for the created fighters that would elevate them to the high standard of the licensed guys/girls.

Here's how it would work--- provide us with the standard 8-10 or so skintones, but for each skin tone, provide numerous high-res textures that can be applied to give variety and detail to the created fighters (even if they don't use gameface). Also give the player the ability to manually sculpt and tweak the faces with sliders, etc.

I think this would some much needed depth to the feature.

What does everyone think of this?
Old 01-24-2015, 05:56 PM   #37

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Yeah sorry, completely out of my jurisdiction.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #38
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Yeah sorry, completely out of my jurisdiction.
Figured as much lol. One can hope though =)
Old 01-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #39

OVR: 34

I think in terms of what I was hoping for. That's obviously bias and I understand that. I bought the game at launch and hit the digital copy. I was all in, and like aholbert mentioned, we all knew what was up with the game.

I am a big fan of the fight night series. I also loved ea mma. I loved the step they took with that game's online functionality.

I hope I don't come across as bashing. That's not my intention.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #40

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
I hope I don't come across as bashing. That's not my intention.
No not at all. Not much is going to bother me at this point I don't think. I've been pretty open about the short comings in the game, especially early on.

I think it was one of the UFC embedded series I was watching, when they did the open workouts at EA and Dana or one of the fighters were playing. They KO'd a guy but didn't realize the fight was over because finish the fight wasn't in.

I think it was that video that started the whole process. I was kind of embarrassed by that, I figured I could get it working in a couple of weeks. We weren't doing anything else at the time so I gave it a shot, it worked, and since we had a patch planned for the roster additions I was allowed to put that change in. And then we just kept going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »