Home

EA SPORTS™ UFC 3 is coming in early 2018 - Polygon

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS™ UFC 3 is coming in early 2018 - Polygon within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #121
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS™ UFC 3 is coming in early 2018 - Polygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Not a chance. I think it would actually extend the wait times. Why? Instead of one OVR, they will have no less than 3. Yes, they will look at every number.

People will always pick the top fighters. There is no way around that. None. Unless you force it.

No overall. Let the player pick whoever is top is their category, that is, striking vs clinch vs ground. No overall. It will help prevent the system from forcing attributes to a fighter like Connor just to make him top.

Rate then realistically, let us players decide who's the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 11:19 AM   #122
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I actually really don't like the 3 tier idea. Here's why:That type of system immediately locks you into making stat decisions solely to move a fighter into a specific tier. It should have nothing to do with any sort of system, and everything to do with fighter accuracy.

Just make the stats realistic, for what that fighter should have if you gauged their real life skills. Period. Forget any auxiliary system, it's not needed. Just give us real to life stats.

Also, hiding the OVR would single handedly solve the issue of 90% of everyone picking the same fighters, causing dang near every online match to be against the same ~6 fighters over and over. I swear sometimes it feels like a 10 fighter roster in this game the way everyone just auto picks the highest OVR fighter every match. ex: Mcgregor, Jones, Rumble, Lawler, Woodley, Cain.... Over and over and over ad nauseam....
I agree in theory. We were trying to solve for the problem of UFC forcing underlying stats up artificially so someone like McGregor would have a certain overall.

I'm with you, I hate that and wish it wasn't a thing, but it is.

Also, I think the problem with having no overall number is that it would be an immediate turnoff to casual MMA fans who might otherwise get into this game. Many people have 25 years of Madden and other games in which they've become conditioned to judging everyone they don't know based on relative overall rank
Old 06-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #123
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerdBrown
No overall. Let the player pick whoever is top is their category, that is, striking vs clinch vs ground. No overall. It will help prevent the system from forcing attributes to a fighter like Connor just to make him top.

Rate then realistically, let us players decide who's the best.
They have to make more stats. The more they have, the easier it would be to separate them in the OVRs. It happens in real life. Not like they can't mimic that. People always get hung up on this OVR crap. The only thing that effects is how they feel they need to compensate. Which is ridiculous since a top fighter isn't always the most diverse. They are just better than their opponents. Which, a lot of times, is only at one aspect. That was just all they needed.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #124
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Fighters need ratings and stats. I would give champs and other elite fighters higher overall ratings for sure. I would just use new stat called something like fight IQ to bolster elite fighters overall ratings.

Fight IQ stat only effects fighter AI, so when playing against AI opponent the higher the fight IQ, the better the AI. Obviously fight IQ doesn't effect when you are using a fighter, because you are using your fight IQ.

Champs and others still get higher overall, more balance online, more realism offline.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:42 PM   #125
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henda1988
Why would you hope it only launches on console? is that an ego thing? is it to do with the fact we can produce 60fps or more consistently via a pc and be able to modify the graphics settings? seems a little bit spiteful of you.

In all fairness EA are losing out capitalising on a massive gaming fan base, especially when fight games are very popular on PC aswell.
An ego thing? How ironic, since you're the ones constantly boasting about how much better the PC is (you literally just did it) and how much better you are because you play on PC, as if video games matter that much. Seems like you have the ego issues. I wouldn't care if it did come out on PC, but if it doesn't It'll be fine too. Just to see you PC folks cry some more.

Yeah, PC is better. But I don't care enough about video games to care about them looking/running at the top performance. Just doesn't matter to me.

Last edited by moozoog; 06-11-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 12:54 AM   #126
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Fighters need ratings and stats. I would give champs and other elite fighters higher overall ratings for sure. I would just use new stat called something like fight IQ to bolster elite fighters overall ratings.

Fight IQ stat only effects fighter AI, so when playing against AI opponent the higher the fight IQ, the better the AI. Obviously fight IQ doesn't effect when you are using a fighter, because you are using your fight IQ.

Champs and others still get higher overall, more balance online, more realism offline.
I hope GPD sees this. This sounds like an ideal solution!

Youtube:Generative James's Games's
Helpful EA UFC 2&3 info with No Commercials!!!
Old 06-12-2017, 01:26 AM   #127
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Talking Re: EA SPORTS™ UFC 3 is coming in early 2018 - Polygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generative James
I hope GPD sees this. This sounds like an ideal solution!
To be honest I was pretty happy with myself when I thought of it.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:16 AM   #128
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S

Really cool idea man...I like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »