Home

What EA Sports UFC 3 could learn from Undisputed 3 (#1) - Training (MartialMind)

This is a discussion on What EA Sports UFC 3 could learn from Undisputed 3 (#1) - Training (MartialMind) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #17
Banned

Kasel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What EA Sports UFC 3 could learn from Undisputed 3 (#1) - Training (MartialMind)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Was the single player any good in UFC 3? I don't remember playing it at all. I might grab it soon.
Honestly everything was 'good' in that game. Some things weren't perfect, but it was a small team with a small budget. But their passion for it was overflowing. Goddamn it sucks to talk about, it makes me think of the 'what if' idea of Conor and Ronda exploding and making the sport mainstream but THQ already had to sell it, they had financial issues caused by people not knowing wtf is UFC or MMA unlike now (I for one learned of this sport and the UFC organization from playing Undisputed 2009, I thought all the characters were fictional, especially Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell, Rampage Jackson, Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida etc was all too good to be true)
Old 08-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #18
MVP

Re: What EA Sports UFC 3 could learn from Undisputed 3 (#1) - Training (MartialMind)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
All I play are tournaments and event mode. Advanced setting with simulation stamina.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
sim stamina was really fun
Old 08-18-2017, 08:37 PM   #19
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Was the single player any good in UFC 3? I don't remember playing it at all. I might grab it soon.
Bro. I seriously played through Career like 20+ times in UD3. And I swear i'm not even exaggerating. I used to get so into simming, and role playing fighters through career.

I had whole charts made to figure out the right time to learn what moves, before you have to choose a camp to stick with, and when to train skills over learning moves, to try and get the most efficiency out of the system.

Then bring in changing up weight classes, and Pride tournaments in the career...

So much fun.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 08-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #20
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Sounds good. I used to play online in that quite a bit, but I remember nothing about the AI. Revisiting that game might be a nice holdover for a while.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #21
Rookie

They could learn everything from Undisputed 3 to be honest lol.

If they just did a carbon copy of that game with their current grappling mechanics (minus the fakes and the lack of stand ups) they would have a very solid game. EA (Not GPD) are forcing the developers to release these unfinished and unpolished games (like all EA games) and giving them close to no time and freedom to make a good game. Jeez.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 11:05 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
sim stamina was really fun
I miss sim stamina so much.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:23 PM   #23
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
i have really bad things to say about this series... but tbh i think it was easier to fix ufc ud 3 than fix ea ufc 2... ud was in the right direction...
My issue is don't look at the games of the past from a different company and copy their stuff, use your minds and make your game of the future.

I've seen people not be able to defend subs and stuff, but those players obviously didn't do the ea tutorial things. The training might be bad, but if you did the training on all 3 skill levels you should know a fair amount.
I don't know anything about ud3 training, but I know mma is unpredictable. If training shows things like one hit kos and what is going to happen every time you do a certain thing, well that's about as far from sim as possible.

That said, I thought training was terrible in ufc 2. I don't care though, I figured things out, and 1000s of other players did as well.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:10 AM   #24
Pro

I never thought too much about it, but I just noticed that EA UFC 2 has only one ground position where you can throw ground knees, and that position is side control. We're unable to throw any knees from any bottom position, there are no stronger variations of knees from side control top.
There is no knee strikes from ground back side control. Knees like what gsp did to Diaz and a few others. UFC Undisputed had knees from every legal position except for half guard. However EA MMA had knees from half guard top position. UFC Undisputed has this heel kick to the leg which could be done from half guard bottom.

In UFC Undisputed 3 all ground knees had a weak version of it and a stronger version which was done by simply posturing up or pressing the technique modified to throw the stronger strikes. In Undisputed 2009 the stronger strikes were thrown by holding the modifier L1 or LB with no posturing up. A few other ground knee strikes that are missing in EA UFC 2 is the knees to the shoulder from sprawl top position, and side control bottom knees.

It's not game breaking that these strikes aren't there, but it would be nice to have them in EA UFC 3. The ground game is very fast paced in EA UFC 2 so it wasn't really that noticable that these strikes aren't there because we don't get to spend alot off time in just one position to see what we can or can't do in most positions. Which can't be helped because we don't have an in depth practice mode with an action list of available strikes, slams and transitions like we had in UFC Undisputed 3.

This could of been suggested long ago if we had an action list and position change feature to mess with in practice mode for EA UFC. Relooking at UFC Undisputed also helped me realize that none of the ground position strikes on EA UFC 2 had no variations or strength levels like we do with the stand up. EA UFC 2 has only one preset animation for every fighter when it comes to ground and pound, also not one fighter has any level 1-5 options for ground and clinch strikes like we do with jabs, hooks, uppercuts, kicks etc etc. Please EA consider adding more depth into these aspects of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »