Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #89
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Also noticed that to get a good, non floating strike on goal you have to be in good position and clear of the defender. Loving it.
Agreed 100% You really have to be in a good position now to get off a good shot. It also helps to be on the players stronger foot. I was playing with Bayern and hit a shot with Robben with his right foot from far out and it was awful I couldn't help but laugh. I was like I should have got it on his left foot first
Old 09-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Only played a few games last night, so I'm not going to give any kind of detail in my impressions right now. All I will say is it's definitely a big step up from the last two years. Looking forward to putting some more time in with it.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I could get sprint & jockey on the same buttons they're on in FIFA. Also the auto-switch is killing me. I tried to change both of these without success, but perhaps I overlooked something. Anyone?
U can switch the sprint button if you press start and go to button settings (Im pretty sure thats it, not playing the game rite now) and select custom controls and set it up how u want. I pretty much set mine up like Fifa's set up and it feels more natural for me since im used to Fifa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Crosses are also more sensitive this year as well so you don't want to hold down too long. Also be aware of who your crossing with because it does make a difference IMO. As an example there were a few time where I tried to cross with Abidal and it was awful
Lol. Yea Im starting to get the hang of the crossing as well. I made a nice header with Muller. Also had a nice cross that got through to Messi but I couldnt finish and I was literally right in front of the goal lol but that was my fault. I still need to get a hang of the shooting as Im rocketing some shots way over the bar. Once I get that down, Ill be set. This game takes some learning and getting used to but its a great game. Thnx for all the tips man.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
I agree with you. PES is the better overall game and for the first time in years people will have to accept (like it or not) that 2011 belongs to PES and not Fifa.
These are two different games that cannot be compared. Please tell me how is PES 2011 a next gen game? Let's compare it to Madden, NBA 2K, MLB 10. Those are next gen games. You can tell right from the start so how is this game a next gen game? PES is a phenominal game but it's not next gen so how is it a PES year in the next gen arena?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #92
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

i just downloaded the demo of this for the PC...why did they block out the option for me to change settings? i.e. resolution and AA? i hate seeing jaggies...i want to play this game to the highest settings...

EDIT: nvm found it

Last edited by Goffs; 09-17-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #93
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
To change the switching go into select sides and then hit square on the ps3. Change it to semi-assisted.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out tonight. Since I sat out 2010 and barely played 2009, the menus are somewhat foreign to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
When the full release drops the first thing I will do is change the controls to FIFA's. Last night my 1st 2 crosses with Lahm were shots before I realized I was hitting the wrong button.
I was able to change the face buttons, but not the shoulder buttons. Although I also change FIFA to alternate controls (ie, the old WE shooting/lob pass setup). So, yeah... I'm having trouble changing the PES controls to the FIFA controls that I changed to the WE controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Juice
U can switch the sprint button if you press start and go to button settings (Im pretty sure thats it, not playing the game rite now) and select custom controls and set it up how u want. I pretty much set mine up like Fifa's set up and it feels more natural for me since im used to Fifa.
Like I said above, I saw the ability to re-map the face buttons -- which I don't want/need to do -- but not the shoulder buttons. I'd like to get sprint on R2 and jockey/strafe on L2 if possible. IIRC, we can't put player switch on L1 since that's for strategy settings. But I'll give it another look tonight...
Old 09-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #94
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out tonight. Since I sat out 2010 and barely played 2009, the menus are somewhat foreign to me.
Your welcome. Semi-assisted works the best IMO.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #95
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Your welcome. Semi-assisted works the best IMO.
yup. Used that setting since last year and it's perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #96
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
These are two different games that cannot be compared. Please tell me how is PES 2011 a next gen game? Let's compare it to Madden, NBA 2K, MLB 10. Those are next gen games. You can tell right from the start so how is this game a next gen game? PES is a phenominal game but it's not next gen so how is it a PES year in the next gen arena?
What are you on about? What determines a next gen game? You call Madden, NBA 2K, and MLB 10 next gen, but then don't say why.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »