Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos (Fan-Made and Definitely Worth Watching)

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos (Fan-Made and Definitely Worth Watching) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos (Fan-Made and Definitely Worth Watching)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
For all the positive reviews about the leaked PES demo, I have been reading complaints that indicate the jury is still out on just how much the game coding has actually improved. The game looks fab in motion, there is no question about that. It's also obvious the CPU AI is miles better than any football game to date with regards to on-the-ball movement. But I've also seen a number of goals scored where the GK AI looks as broken as ever. There have also been plenty of complaints about Konami's infamous scripting, something I've been worried about since they announced their Heart feature.

I'll wait for the PC demo, and I will play it and read user reviews in the meantime. But given the past several years, I would never consider pre-ordering or purchasing day 1, regardless of how amazing these videos look. And in all honesty, I don't think anyone who knows football would ever state FIFA is a more accurate sim. The thing with FIFA is that, up until this year anyway, people have gravitated towards that game because of the licenses, because of the smoother player control, and because the game in motion looks better than clunky old PES with it's PS2-era animations. For most gamers, licenses, gameplay smoothness and great animations = more real. IMO that's what people are actually referring to when they say FIFA is more sim.
The Leaked demo should not be an indicator of how good the game will be because it wasn't supposed to be released to the public. Theres a reason why they're saying that it doesn't represent the final build because it does have bugs. It was pulled down for that very reason. Aren't they supposed to send in early demo's as a place holder until they release another demo or something? I can't remember how it works but I heard it was something like that which is why they didn't release this leaked one

Remember, stuff thats leaked like this will always have bugs because they aren't ready for release and to pass judgment on something that isn't supposed to be out is rather silly imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
Remember, stuff thats leaked like this will always have bugs because they aren't ready for release and to pass judgment on something that isn't supposed to be out is rather silly imo
That's what I implied with all the good things I listed about the demo. And I said I'm waiting for the real demo, and will play that before making a decision regarding purchasing the full version. The silly people you're describing are all over at PES Fan and Evo-Web, moaning about how "Konami has lied to us!" and how they've "Released another crap game!" etc.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #27
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Wow, these videos were great. I enjoyed PES a lot last year, but the game seems to have a lot more life to it on the pitch this year. The player movement and collisions looked really nice. I'm ready to get my hands on the demo and see how it feels.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #28
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Looks great to me. Much more precise control dribbling the ball, but it still seems to have that PES feel to it. The keepers can be sketchy at times, that's for sure, but I've always found the keepers (and defenders in general) to be much worse on FIFA . At the end of the day, it's a really fun game that far exceeds its competitor, in my opinion. Day 1 purchase for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »