Home

PES 2015 Available Now, Day One Patch Details - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2015 Available Now, Day One Patch Details - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2014, 02:38 AM   #41
Pro

mockme's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: PES 2015 Available Now, Day One Patch Details - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Yeah you can still import logos/sponsors on the PS3 as well as drawing them as well.

Game feels pretty good on the PS3, keepers are great but more fouls do need to happen but there are present.
Ugh. Now I'm seriously torn between trading FIFA in for PES or sticking with it. I really loved PES in the past and have been waiting for it to get good again. Now it seems like it is good, even on the PS3, but I'm worried about Master League. Is the gameplay good enough to compensate for a manager mode, that's not that deep?

Then again, if I want in-depth football management I've always got Football Manager. From what I understand PES has better gameplay than FIFA, more variety between teams, and tactics that actually have an effect on the match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2014, 04:13 AM   #42
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockme
Ugh. Now I'm seriously torn between trading FIFA in for PES or sticking with it. I really loved PES in the past and have been waiting for it to get good again. Now it seems like it is good, even on the PS3, but I'm worried about Master League. Is the gameplay good enough to compensate for a manager mode, that's not that deep?

Then again, if I want in-depth football management I've always got Football Manager. From what I understand PES has better gameplay than FIFA, more variety between teams, and tactics that actually have an effect on the match.
I traded in my ps4 fifa 15. I barely even played it. I get my fifa fix with my modded fifa 14 on pc, which is awesome.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:43 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Desperately wanted to get this today but can't find anywhere near me that's selling it early. Looks like I'll be waiting until official release tomorrow
Old 11-12-2014, 05:45 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockme
...worried about Master League. Is the gameplay good enough to compensate for a manager mode, that's not that deep?

。。。From what I understand PES has better gameplay than FIFA, more variety between teams, and tactics that actually have an effect on the match.
In fifa's Manager Mode, you play against the exact same team every game except under different difficulty levels. The teams largely play exactly the same type of football, game in and game out.

So with there being such a noticeable difference in play styles between teams and even players in PES, I believe you would get a more tactically challenging and rewarding experience with Master League. ML isn't as flashy or built up as MM, but I personally believe it draws me in deeper as I must seriously consider how I will play from one game to the next.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #45
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Sorry for the little off-topic. Game is now on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/287680/?cc=au
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #46
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

after finally getting some time with the game, here's my preliminary thoughts:
If you're willing to put the time in to learn the nuances of the control scheme, and you can look past the underwhelming presentation, and the bare bones game modes, what's on the pitch is simply fantastic. The fact that each game feels different can not be understated, and it's because of this that I can personally look past the other stuff.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #47
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
If you're willing to put the time in to learn the nuances of the control scheme, and you can look past the underwhelming presentation, and the bare bones game modes, what's on the pitch is simply fantastic. The fact that each game feels different can not be understated, and it's because of this that I can personally look past the other stuff.
Sounds good. Could you please provide more in depth details for cpu AI, Goalkeeping, Fouls and build up play? Cpu on-the-fly and late match tactical changes? Thanks.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I agree, coming from Fifa, this is a very though pill to swallow, BUT the on the pitch action is so fantastic, that it becomes possible to overlook this aspects.

p.s. - like i said in another thread, change the grass from short (default) to normal or long. It improves the visuals by a mile!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »