Home

PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 08:11 AM   #25
Rookie

milin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One, Other Regions For PS4

I've played about 30 games since yesterday and I'm loving this game. It's hard for me to stop playing.

The game ain't perfect. Far from it. But it is the most fun I've had in a football game since Winning Eleven 10 during the PS2 days.

I hope they fix the CPU fouls and I'd also like to see CPU passing and shooting accuracy toned down a bit.

The best games I've had so far have been using the two brazilian teams, since their stats are not as good as the other teams.

I'm playing on top player, manual passing, basic shooting and -1 game speed btw. I'll try manual shooting later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 08:11 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Definitely needs fouls now that the AI finally has begun playing physically. Hope they can tweak this before the release.

Also, I kind of lost my **** when I scored this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-g16XcxYyk
Old 08-13-2015, 08:42 AM   #27
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Played 3.5 games and I've had enough already. Lots of good in the game that is overshadowed by the lack of fouls. Funny thing is on the loading screen when they give you tips on how to execute a good free kick. I also saw another tackling tip that basically said "be careful because the refs are strict.

3.5 games not 1 free kick.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:46 AM   #28
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

Played only one half and got a free kick in dangerous spot and scored with Pjanic . I liked what I saw but with every football game, the problem I have is that the CPU don't foul enough and its hard to play any football game when its like that
Old 08-13-2015, 08:56 AM   #29
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
With several weeks between this demo and FIFA, I'm going to give this game as much time as I can, get to know the controls, everything. Then and only then will I make any final judgements.
1. Lack of fouls
2. Not able to edit on xbox

Game killers for me unfortunately.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:06 AM   #30
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Damn, I'm really looking forward to playing the demo this afternoon, but I must say it kills me to hear that the fouls issue still hasn't been sorted out.

Can anyone comment on the responsiveness of the controls, specifically the skill moves and deft touch dribbling? I felt like certain moves were just latent feeling last year, and it really limited the dribbling capabilities in my opinion.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #31
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
I don't think it's the referees, it's the same issue FIFA had prior to 15. The CPU players are not aggressive enough, and therefore only attempt tackles they're 100% going to make, so there are no fouls. From what I've seen on replays of what I thought were fouls, the CPU defender always gets ball first, then body.
What level are you playing on Orion? The higher up in difficulty the more aggressive the CPU is, just like in FIFA when you play on lower the levels the CPU will play defense very passively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
The thing is with tackling any more it doesn't matter if you get the ball first if its deemed too force full the ref can call it a foul.

It needs to be addressed because you can slide around all day and there is no consequence.
Ive been called for a foul once in 6 games.

Not that i play this online but this issue will make it unplayable i would think.

As it stands right now.
Is anyone seeing auto tactics and subs being implemented by any coaches ?
Yes, the CPU will change their tactics based on the result. It's subtle and you can often overlook it. The pop-up comes in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. The problem is that the team tactics are sent up. For example, I was playing Bayern last as Corinthians. I was down 0-2 in the 80th. They went to "defensive" but their play going forward didn't change that much. After the match I went and looked at Bayern's default tactics and the only thing different between their regular tactical setup was that their "defensive" sheet had their "pressure" change from "aggressive" to "conservative".

Edit- BTW, Bayern is incredible, especially when you consider the firepower they have on the bench. Robben, Ribery, Thiago, Javi Martinez, Alaba.

Last edited by KG; 08-13-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 09:33 AM   #32
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that when you switch players defensively, the man you switch to slows for a sec, allowing the attacker to go by?
Otherwise, pretty similar to last year, not overly impressed thus far.
So it's like in Fifa? Damn, i Just hate how they facilitate things for the attacking side.

Defense is so neglected in these games that i can't enjoy them anymore

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »