Home

PES 2017 Review

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Review within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 11:45 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017 Review

The biggest thing PES has over Fifa this year is the ball physics. It makes everything feel more organic and less "scripted" if you will.

In Fifa, I feel like almost every play is determined by the animation it wants to use, rather than the other way around, because of the ball not being it's own entity.

The one thing about Fifa I just cannot stand is watching the ball literally go through the player models. Ugh. Just writing it down annoys me to no end.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I just think presentation needs to be better and this year they improved but the overall match day experience needs to be there. Konami have it in them just look how authentic the Champions League.
Ah yes!! That detail is awesome indeed, and it adds so much to the match atmosfere! You feel youīre playing an important match. Jut like the commentary... Usually I turn it off and I do my own on the fly commentaries.
Thatīs when my cat leaves the living room...
Old 09-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredfan
The biggest thing PES has over Fifa this year is the ball physics. It makes everything feel more organic and less "scripted" if you will.

In Fifa, I feel like almost every play is determined by the animation it wants to use, rather than the other way around, because of the ball not being it's own entity.

The one thing about Fifa I just cannot stand is watching the ball literally go through the player models. Ugh. Just writing it down annoys me to no end.
Fifa franchise is on a transition right now. They announced the new engine and everybody got excited. Underneath, the engine is there, but itīs covered with the last years code, so almost nothing new here. It all depends on how fast they can tune the engine for the next editions.

PES has come a long way, full of frustrations and people migrating to EAīs titles or even other game genres. Finally, we can clearly say they are feeling confortable now and presenting us with a satisfying product.

EA will eventually get there, but for now, all we have is a new engine doing the exact same thing. They might paint it with the cliché sentences "revolutionary colision system" or whatever, but thereīs really not much to see there.

I donīt understant what took Konami so much to get here, but now I just hope they donīt loose sense and change things for worse in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #36
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicpanad
Fifa franchise is on a transition right now. They announced the new engine and everybody got excited. Underneath, the engine is there, but itīs covered with the last years code, so almost nothing new here. It all depends on how fast they can tune the engine for the next editions.

PES has come a long way, full of frustrations and people migrating to EAīs titles or even other game genres. Finally, we can clearly say they are feeling confortable now and presenting us with a satisfying product.

EA will eventually get there, but for now, all we have is a new engine doing the exact same thing. They might paint it with the cliché sentences "revolutionary colision system" or whatever, but thereīs really not much to see there.

I donīt understant what took Konami so much to get here, but now I just hope they donīt loose sense and change things for worse in the future.
I'm just tired of all the excuse making. EA make $650M a year from Ultimate Team alone. Think about that. There's plenty of resource to pour into offline experiences and they're simply choosing not to.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...million-a-year
Old 09-20-2016, 01:30 PM   #37
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
I'm just tired of all the excuse making. EA make $650M a year from Ultimate Team alone. Think about that. There's plenty of resource to pour into offline experiences and they're simply choosing not to.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...million-a-year
Yeah but you also have to take into consideration that game is pretty much a gaming ad board. All those licenses and exclusivity must eat into a good amount of that.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:07 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicpanad

Yeah. I actually had high hopes for Fifa this year until I played the demo and saw that it was basically identical to 16, with 15's controls added back in. LOL

Oddly enough, for couch games against friends, I prefer Fifa by a mile because it does the end to end game so much better, IMO.

It's a shame that FUT is just so profitable. I mean, it's really hard to blame EA for focusing on it.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:12 PM   #39
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I don't understand why the lack of Option Files on XB1 would be in any way related to the PS4 review of the game, but I found most everything else to be very fair and truthful.

What makes PES shine, in my opinion, is the way that CPU opponents play. The passes and shots you'll see from them generally just make sense, and other than some of the elite players feeling a bit too tame, the CPU feels like you're playing a human opponent. I've been playing the FIFA demo for days now, and I may end up buying it anyway because I like so much about the game. That being said, the CPU opponents pale in comparison to those in PES, because there's so little in terms of play style variation and at times the tiki taka passing becomes very unnatural and frustrating. If the Option File guys are able to work some magic with the PES tactics, then you'll really see something special on the pitch.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:31 AM   #40
Rookie

This game is a joy to play so far. I've had it for a few days and there isn't much that is annoying me with the gameplay. Perhaps a few hard tackles here or there that go uncalled, or how players slide in so unrealistically in their tackles. Some team tactics could use some tweaking, which is possible to do. Going to need more time before any patterns emerge, but it's looking like this is the football game to beat - past and present!

Outside of gameplay, PES could obviously use a bit of work. I haven't been able to get an online game going. From those that have reported playing, the experience isn't as smooth as Fifa.

Menus could always be done better. There's been improvements, but it still seems last-gen.

Licensing is still an issue, as it will always be, but OFs fix that for the most part. It would be nice if we had more real stadiums, or even a way to add stadiums much like kits. If Konami gave us the tools, they could rely on the community to effectively remove the advantage fifa has with licensing.

Waiting for some new OFs before I dig into ML, so the above is what I've seen so far. Great great game of football, with some slight issues with presentation.

If you're a football fan, and you play on PS4, it would be a mistake not to pick this one up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »