Home

PES 2017 Review

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Review within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2016, 06:00 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
stlducks yes we are.
I think graphics in PES 2017 is really bad compared to FIFA 17. It is better than in the last PES but I still think Konami should a lot improve graphics. Graphics is important, not only gameplay!
And this licensing also sux. It is stupid that after all those years Konami still can't get full license for the clubs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
There are some rough areas with the graphics in PES (like the crowds although better than past years) but in many cases it's actually better than FIFA now. Some of the cut scenes and replays look more like an actual game than FIFA. So yes while the presentation needs works I don't think you can say anymore FIFA has better visuals. Exception maybe would be if you play fifa at higher resolutions on pc.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:21 AM   #27
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

Re: PES 2017 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
9.0 is more like it.
would get a 9.8 if the presentation and animations were as good as fifa
I have read many post where people say FIFA has better animation. My brain just dosent get it, for me its compelete opposite. Could someone explain that to me, would like to know what i am missing and people are seeing?
Old 09-20-2016, 09:20 AM   #28
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac3way
I have read many post where people say FIFA has better animation. My brain just dosent get it, for me its compelete opposite. Could someone explain that to me, would like to know what i am missing and people are seeing?
FIFA fanboys and paid shills always say PES is "robotic", I haven't seen robitic animations from PES since PES 7 or so which is a decade ago. Animations in FIFA sometimes looks hilarious, like when a player runs the legs look like how a chicken runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay2
I don't like PES 2017. Graphics is compared to Fifa 17 a looot worse. Gameplay is also not so nice. When I shoot i have a feeling that ball just doesn't go so natural. Nets also move unnatural.
Funny, I find the ball being the best I've seen so far in PES 2017 while I feel like I'm kicking a nerf ball in FIFA 17 (velocity is a bit too fast), and the net... don't get me started on that- nets in FIFA 17 are awful, yes worse than PES 2017's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar03
What's wrong with the menus seriously? I know, it's the same design since years and it's simple but what would you guys change about it?
I would have liked PES 2013's menu, kind of like PS3's XMB menu style. Not a big fan of the tiles.

Last edited by BSDShoes; 09-20-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:54 AM   #29
Pro

I used to like Fifa animations, nets, overall stuff. But this game, it killed everything Iīve seen before. Ball physics does make a huge diference in gameplay, and some replays seem more realistic than ever.

Ball still seems a bit magnetic on passes, not as much as before though... and then I get that awe feeling when everything suddenly feels loose and random! The balance on this game is so, sooo well done!

Iīm still with the demo and I canīt stop playing it. Itīs pure adiction. When I realise, Iīm screaming the typical "ohhhhh so close!!" on my couch. And not just on goal attemts, but also on a through pass attempt that would cause havoc, also on that tackle attempt that would get me in a very good counter situation... or simply on that unexpected loose ball just outside the box, begging for a first time powerfull shot.

I canīt stop repeating my self, what a gameplay lads! What a GAMEPLAY!!
Old 09-20-2016, 11:14 AM   #30
Pro

About the score, think what PES needs truly is a solid licenses system. They expect the communities to fill that gap with patches and all, but some just donīt want that, and some canīt even use patches (X1 users).

Musics? I donīt care. Itīs a soccer game.
Menus? They are fine and serve their purpose.

Some fine tuning on offline options would be good, to turn Master League even more immersive.
But licenses? Ohh man that would be the best. In fact, I believe that this years edition gameplay together with correct licenses for top leagues would guaranteed a 10/10 on most reviews.

Think about it, this is what PES lovers (or better, soccer lovers) were wishing since PES 5/6. The balance on those games was sooo good. I have read lots of players asking for a HD version of PES 5/6, nothing more...

Well, I think this year we have something a "little" better than PES 5/6 HD version... or should a say... a LOT better?
Old 09-20-2016, 11:25 AM   #31
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac3way
I don't get it either. I never liked overall animation in any EA Sports game since entering the PS3/Xbox 360 gen honestly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #32
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicpanad
About the score, think what PES needs truly is a solid licenses system. They expect the communities to fill that gap with patches and all, but some just donīt want that, and some canīt even use patches (X1 users).

Musics? I donīt care. Itīs a soccer game.
Menus? They are fine and serve their purpose.

Some fine tuning on offline options would be good, to turn Master League even more immersive.
But licenses? Ohh man that would be the best. In fact, I believe that this years edition gameplay together with correct licenses for top leagues would guaranteed a 10/10 on most reviews.

Think about it, this is what PES lovers (or better, soccer lovers) were wishing since PES 5/6. The balance on those games was sooo good. I have read lots of players asking for a HD version of PES 5/6, nothing more...

Well, I think this year we have something a "little" better than PES 5/6 HD version... or should a say... a LOT better?
I just think presentation needs to be better and this year they improved but the overall match day experience needs to be there. Konami have it in them just look how authentic the Champions League.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »