Home

PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2017, 10:32 PM   #49
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

So

I didn't know that pes 2018 has a brightness and contrast slider thisbis almost like sweetfx and looks absolutely great tweaked

Anyone saying the Xbox one version can't look good now is just favoring their system

Yes Xbox one can't import kits and Xbox one can't get high res like PS4 pro but it's still the same game and gameplay

Kudos to konami for doing this brightness and contrast setting it's made it so that xbox one users get some better fidelity
Old 09-11-2017, 11:20 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Just got it for Xbox one

First. I loved the demo on Xbox one. Compared to what I played in ps4 pro last year with pes 2017 the most apparent smack in the face "omg I'm so happy with thi!" Moment for me has been the animations of pes 2018

The game is crazily organic. This is the chess match that soccer can be brought into a video game to life

High praise from a long time pes player
Glad to hear that, that's what i thought about the demo, many didn't like. I hope i will feel the same way about the full version
Old 09-12-2017, 01:53 AM   #51
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I really like this game. Only played some exhibition and quick matches, but as someone who hasn't played either game in two years, this just feels really good. Can't wait for option file packs to come out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 03:14 AM   #52
Pro

I am watching some random guys streaming on youtube and I find quite chocking to see low rated teams controlled by the cpu making strings of 6 or plus first time passes (no control) which also sometimes ends by a first time shot.

Edit: But the overall positioning and the defensive awareness look way better than in the demo.

Last edited by papinho81; 09-12-2017 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:03 AM   #53
Pro

stevostl's Arena

I gotta go to bed but I got to play several matches online already... I was so excited playing this game tonight that I had to post this before i sleep.

my first game right out of the box.. 1 v 1 in online Divisions...

no lag and got right into a game. impressive.. wasn't expecting that to be honest.

I honstly can't describe how good this game is playing against another human online. imo this is one of the best sports game ever playing against other human players or multiplayer. I'm already going to say that after played 4 matches online tonight. the is up there with NHL 93 - 95 on Sega and PES 5 and PES 6 PS2 when it comes to multiplayer fun. it at least reminds me of those times already. seriously. I couldn't be any happier and I'm still shocked that I was able to get right into game with no problem and no lag on day 1 with this game.

here is my first ever match in PES 2018 and it was online divisions match ... full match

i also played online 3 v 3 co-op casual match.

I got into a game where it was me with 2 com players vs 2 humans and a com..

and my com players sucked making bad passes left and right but I was still able to beat them. It was great time.. I can not wait until tomorrow when a couple of my buddies are getting this game and I get them on my team and start a clan.

this game is going to be my new addiction I can tell already..

Last edited by stevostl; 09-12-2017 at 04:07 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:57 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
I am watching some random guys streaming on youtube and I find quite chocking to see low rated teams controlled by the cpu making strings of 6 or plus first time passes (no control) which also sometimes ends by a first time shot.

Edit: But the overall positioning and the defensive awareness look way better than in the demo.
Yeah, I'm very disappointed with the way the cpu plays - perfect ping-pong football at times, no matter what the team level or player stats.

And the defensive AI of you team-mates is hopeless. They never mark anyone, no matter the instructions. As per the past 10 years of this game, the cpu always has their striker standing on the half-way line in acres of space waiting for a pass, which of course always goes straight to him and he controls perfectly 100% of the time, and your defenders just stand there giving him the space and back off as the ball comes towards him. No urgency in your team-mates at all. Pathetic really.

The AI feels worse than PES 2017 - so much team-mate AD.

Same old.....it's my own fault for buying it after trying the demo and not being impressed.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah I didn't think the fouls in 2017 were that bad apart from in the 18.

You had to pretty much get shot to draw a penalty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My problem with 17 and fouls was that the computer could literally tackle you and they wouldn't get called. I remember checking replays so many times and seeing my guy get kicked off the ball... But then I try to do the same and the ref does his job beautifully.

But here's hoping that, with their admission that fouls need looking at, 19 could finally be better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #56
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

I can't lie, I'm absolutely livid right now that the game is not yet available on Steam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »