Home

Our BETA ESPN NFL Football Impressions

This is a discussion on Our BETA ESPN NFL Football Impressions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 12:17 PM   #25
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Our BETA ESPN NFL Football Impressions

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Question:

Can I borrow it?

Does Joey Harrington suck like Clay on the game

Hey! Insult me if you'd like...but leave Joey "Jesus" out of it...

, whatever you say Clay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2003, 12:17 PM   #26
All Star

OVR: 14

Quote:

Steve_OS said:

1. Speed of the game feels great, my only complaint is maybe the QB is a little TOO quick. I can see it now online, w/ a bunch of Vick wannabe's trying to outrun everybody. Of course w/ Hutchinson he was slow, but Quincy was pretty quick, I think a little too quick tho.

Do the QBs feel a little too quick when avoiding the rush inside the pocket, or when they escape the rush and are in the open field?

Have you played as/against Vick yet?

Is the D playing to its strengths? (of course this depends on who you've played against)

Old 08-26-2003, 12:18 PM   #27
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

CheckMate said:
Quote:

Steve_OS said:

1. Speed of the game feels great, my only complaint is maybe the QB is a little TOO quick. I can see it now online, w/ a bunch of Vick wannabe's trying to outrun everybody. Of course w/ Hutchinson he was slow, but Quincy was pretty quick, I think a little too quick tho.

Do the QBs feel a little too quick when avoiding the rush inside the pocket, or when they escape the rush and are in the open field?

Have you played as/against Vick yet?

Is the D playing to its strengths? (of course this depends on who you've played against)

Is the "O" playing to its strengths? (of course this depends on who your playing against)
Old 08-26-2003, 12:20 PM   #28
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

What up Steve. The only question that i was wondering (since LB answered pretty much every question out there) how are screen plays and do the qb's lead running backs that have routes in the flat so they can catch the ball in stride?
Old 08-26-2003, 12:20 PM   #29
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Did Quincy go back to his normal level of suckiness once you switched to all pro?

And how is the game speed on normal, compared to last year?

When I switched to all-pro I was a decent 50% avg. through the games I played. He's overthrough a few and I read a few coverages wrong. Something Pennington won't have to worry about this year right Jets??

Game speed is fine to me, I see no problems w/ it. If you thought it was too fast or too slow last year, you might feel the same about it this year.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:28 PM   #30
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:

mark1726 said:
Gameplay questions:

1. How big are the differences in CPU QB's? In 2k3 they pretty much played all the same completing 65%+ of their passes. Can you tell the difference between defending Farve and Kitna?

2. How is the DB ai? Do they take themselves out of the play?

3. Can you notice a difference between a scat back like W. Dunn and a power back like Bettis? Last year both would break too many tackles.

4. Are there more fumbles?

1. I have played against the Steelers, Saints and Texans. The only mobile QB in the bunch was of course Brooks. He only completed 30% of his passes. Carr completed about 40% and Maddox had the best % at 50%. Brooks dashed a couple times for first downs on me, none of the other QB's ran at all.

2. I haven't seen that crazy jumping by the AI yet. That really annoyed the HELL out of me last year, luckily I haven't seen it this year. I've seen a few cool instances where the DB thinks the reciever is going in and he goes in but the reciever goes out and the DB has to plant and change directions. I think it's very realistic looking and I just haven't seen any DB mishaps where they just take theirself completely out of the play.

3. I've noticed Bettis plowing over my DB's and breaking tackles yes. I didn't notice many broken tackles w/ Duece. He just juked and spinned all over the place.

4. YES!!!! FINALLY!!! Well, unfortunately I am the only one fumbling. Hambrick is averaging 1 fumble a game. Glenn fumbled a ball but was later ruled incomplete. I haven't seen the AI fumble yet. But I have picked him off a few times.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:30 PM   #31
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
CheckMate, if you get the demo, you can find out about the playcalling and punt blocking for yourself.

I personally like the new playcalling interface more... probably because I get to see more than just an ariel view of my guys in the huddle.

I've gotten very close to blocking the punter, but again, for the 5th SEGA game in a row, it's basically impossible to block an XP, even with blockers there (LOL exaggeration).

Also, I can't speak for Steve, but I do know that there are three game speeds, and I suggest you find what suits you best. Many people prefer fast, too me it's just a LITTLE faster than the regular game, but it's close enough.

I'm using the default speed. No idea what that is heh....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2003, 12:31 PM   #32
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:

m7406 said:
One thing steve that is often said about madden is that when playing defense it seems like the player you are controlling is having very little impact on the outcome of the play. Please tell me this is not the case on ESPN!!!

Well in the games I've played I haven't seen this problem. I usually play as Roy Williams and play a zone. I have picked off 2 passes and average 7 tackles a game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »