Home

ESPN NFL2k5 the little things thread

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL2k5 the little things thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
ESPN NFL2k5 the little things thread

Ok, i searched and couldn't believe that there's no little things thread ! So i shall start with some: referee's actually throw an animated yellow penalty flag on the field! Trash talking at the line of scrimmage before the snap with player names used. Fans in the stands cut-scenes with relevant team wear eg cheeseheads at packers and bishop heads at the saints. Suzy kolber player of the game with audio. New commentary lines that crop up after having played hundreds of matches. Mel Kipers draft breakdown and Trey Wingos injury news etc. Custom music for just about all scenarios including the option of when to start and finish the track. I could go on and on but will let you add some of your things that you have found in a game that still continues to amaze and surprise me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Re: ESPN NFL2k5 the little things thread

The "little things" do indeed help make this game incredible to this do, as do the "big things". I was playing last night and after 8 years, I had to say "wow, I can't believe this incredible game". It still blows every other football game away, as far as I'm concerned, and this year's new releases won't be doing anything to change that.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
Rookie

I agree with you there, even though madden is finally starting to do better, it is still way behind on some aspects, mainly OL/DL interaction, foot planting, penalties, challenge system and no halftime or weekly wrapup. Also although the graphics in madden 12/13 are excellent, i still can't believe how well 2k5 holds up after 8 years! When playing in broadcast cam, i still have people say who is playing, thinking it's a real live game! It's only when you see the stadium, crowd or sidelines that it shows its age. Another thing to add to the little things, the coaches on the sidelines are the REAL coaches, not some generic coach, also have cheerleaders and ball boys.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Icon6 Re: ESPN NFL2k5 the little things thread

I can name quite a few but what really gets me going is seeing players on the sideline sucking on the old O2 tank after a long hard run,that one for me being seen so rarely really stands out...true to the game if you've ever seen that cut scene....a little thing but impressive.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Old 07-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner75
I agree with you there, even though madden is finally starting to do better, it is still way behind on some aspects, mainly OL/DL interaction, foot planting, penalties
of course madden on PS2 / Original Xbox had this stuff lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #6
Rookie

I've only had 2k5 for 3 years and i've yet to see the oxygen mask scene! I like the one of a lone fan in the stands after a loss
Old 11-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
Banned

How about the cut scenes that have the actual correct players...madden has brees in the huddle then does a cut scene of brees on the sidelines...
Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Just the way the feeling of throwing the football. It feels so natural - like the ball is a separate entity, love it. Wish I was better at it - but I love it.

Also, the right stick control moves; you can really juke with the right guy - and make guys look like clowns:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »