Home

GR18 2K10 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE(XBOX)9/9

This is a discussion on GR18 2K10 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE(XBOX)9/9 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #33
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: GR18 2K10 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE(XBOX)9/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Hey gr18, I have a few questions I have been meaning to ask you but always forget to do so when i'm on here.

1) I only use the Raiders and I have a couple of custom playbooks I use which include the 3-4. In your Franchise they are strictly a 4-3 scheme. In the past I have always changed them to a 4-3/3-4 scheme using the editor. Is there really any reason for me to continue doing that or should I just leave it set to a 4-3 scheme? The only thing different when I change to a 3-4/4-3 scheme is I can then adjust my OLBs and ILBs for the 3-4, still can't adjust the DT. I'm thinking about not fooling with changing the scheme since I really get no benefit by doing so.

2) What is it about your Franchise that makes the CPU run no-huddle so much? I've been playing this game since it came out, and as far as I can remember the only time the CPU ever run no-huddle in all of these years was late in the game when trying to come back on me or in the closing minute of the first half no matter if they were ahead or behind they would do it as well. With this Franchise they run no-huddle A LOT, no matter what the score is or where we're at related to time.

3) Do you adjust the auto-sub from the pause menu, or do you leave it at the Default 30%/85% ? The reason I ask is because I ran across a thread the other day and they were talking about how much better the CPU would play by moving the Fatigue slider up to around 20 or 30, one guy said 10 I think, and changing the auto-sub setting to 75% out and 85% In. Any thoughts on the whole Fatigue/Auto-sub theory?
1.You can change to a hybrid if you want.I don't really like to because the computer will only ever play the base defense anyway.That's why I don't use the original hybrid playbooks.I know the Raiders had one.

2.No huddle.I have no idea as to why or if something triggered it off.I've seen this too at times.Usually it seems pretty effective for them to at least move the ball pretty well.

3.This is a good topic.I use 70% out,85% in now.The backup rb's get used a good deal more now.I found 75% to be a bit much at certain positions but I still have the slider at 8 so this is worth checking into.The slider really doesn't seem to do much at 8 in terms of substitutions but if you would move it to maybe 16,let's say,with even a 75%,85% then and notice better qb play......
Old 09-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #34
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
1.You can change to a hybrid if you want.I don't really like to because the computer will only ever play the base defense anyway.That's why I don't use the original hybrid playbooks.I know the Raiders had one.

2.No huddle.I have no idea as to why or if something triggered it off.I've seen this too at times.Usually it seems pretty effective for them to at least move the ball pretty well.

3.This is a good topic.I use 70% out,85% in now.The backup rb's get used a good deal more now.I found 75% to be a bit much at certain positions but I still have the slider at 8 so this is worth checking into.The slider really doesn't seem to do much at 8 in terms of substitutions but if you would move it to maybe 16,let's say,with even a 75%,85% then and notice better qb play......

1) So there's really no need for me to change like I have in the past.

2) Yes, they definitely move the ball effectively when going to no-huddle, I usually have to end up calling a timeout.

3) I have never even messed with the auto-sub. So if I am in Franchise, go into a game, pause, adjust the slider, and then save my VIP after the game, will the auto-sub stay set like I adjusted it or will I have to adjust it every time I play? Will it just be saved for that particular Franchise? Is it tied to the VIP and will be set the way I adjusted it no matter what Franchise i'm playing and even in Exhibition mode? How do you set it and save it so that it sticks no matter what mode you're in and so that it will stay the same for any Franchise?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #35
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
1) So there's really no need for me to change like I have in the past.

2) Yes, they definitely move the ball effectively when going to no-huddle, I usually have to end up calling a timeout.

3) I have never even messed with the auto-sub. So if I am in Franchise, go into a game, pause, adjust the slider, and then save my VIP after the game, will the auto-sub stay set like I adjusted it or will I have to adjust it every time I play? Will it just be saved for that particular Franchise? Is it tied to the VIP and will be set the way I adjusted it no matter what Franchise i'm playing and even in Exhibition mode? How do you set it and save it so that it sticks no matter what mode you're in and so that it will stay the same for any Franchise?
I saved in franchise after adjusting the setting and it stayed that way.I would assume that if you save it in your VIP it would be there for you.I just know for sure about it being there for the franchise you're on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 11:33 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

is anyone familiar with playbook files ?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #37
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I saved in franchise after adjusting the setting and it stayed that way.I would assume that if you save it in your VIP it would be there for you.I just know for sure about it being there for the franchise you're on.

Ok, thanks for help and once again, thanks a lot for this roster/franchise set, I like it a lot.

One last thing. I assume when you adjust the auto-sub that affects the CPU team as well as your own?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

how do you delete players? im trying to delete crabtree but it just brings him right back...
Old 09-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #39
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Ok, thanks for help and once again, thanks a lot for this roster/franchise set, I like it a lot.

One last thing. I assume when you adjust the auto-sub that affects the CPU team as well as your own?
yes
Old 09-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #40
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiclock
how do you delete players? im trying to delete crabtree but it just brings him right back...
You can overwrite a player in the editor.I never totally erased a player though.

I heard the Niners may consider making a better offer so you never know.He could still play this year at some point.There are enough receivers on the Niners(I believe 6 others)that putting him at the back of the depth chart would keep him from playing unless you have an injury or two.In this case you could substitute a tight end in their playbook in a 5-receiver set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »