Home

2014 OS "Who To Start" Thread

This is a discussion on 2014 OS "Who To Start" Thread within the Fantasy Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #73
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2014 OS "Who To Start" Thread

I am deciding between a group of 4 players to start in a PPR league. One running back spot and one flex is available.

Chris Ivory
Fred Jackson
Michael Crabtree
Andre Ellington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atlanta Hawks
Old 09-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #74
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Thanks for the input... Any other week my starters are Gio and Ryan but Ryan is going against Seattle this week so you know... Pierce it is... Harbaugh said he's gonna play a lot... And eventually I believe he gets his starting spot back.
I'm more worried about him staying healthy. He was barely splitting carries before this year and still wound up getting hurt all the time. But as far as this week goes, I just don't know how the carries will be split up. He could have a good game but only get 10/15 touches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefakeJTS
I am deciding between a group of 4 players to start in a PPR league. One running back spot and one flex is available.

Chris Ivory
Fred Jackson
Michael Crabtree
Andre Ellington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jackson is a definite for me so call that the RB spot.

For the other, it kind of depends on the health of the players come Sunday morning. I like Crabtree's match up against the Bears but last week's stats was probably partially do to not being 100%. Ellington should play but isn't 100% either. I'd pick between those two. I don't think Ivory will have as good of a game this week.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 22

PPR flex position pick 1
Doug Martin vs STL
Terrance West vs NO
Justin Hunter vs DAL

Martin's health is a concern but he did practice today. I think Hunter could go off against Dallas but he could be a boom or bust. I like West, but I don't think he saw any targets in the passing game last week. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #76
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLLWeLL
PPR flex position pick 1
Doug Martin vs STL
Terrance West vs NO
Justin Hunter vs DAL

Martin's health is a concern but he did practice today. I think Hunter could go off against Dallas but he could be a boom or bust. I like West, but I don't think he saw any targets in the passing game last week. Thanks in advance.
West can catch. The bigger worry is losing out on goalline carries but I like him a lot this week. That Hunter match up is very interesting though. I'd say it's down to those 2 for sure. If you're fairly confident in the rest of your lineup I'd go with West... he'll get enough touches to give you SOMETHING but Hunter has a bigger upside imo. If you think it'll be a dog fight to win this week, I'd go with Hunter and hope he's more boom than bust.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 22

Thanks for the reply. Hunter is getting talked up for sure but I think I'll roll with West (have him going in another league as well). But now that gives me another head scratcher with starting Hunter in place of Edelman. It's a PPR league and even though Edelman isn't a scoring threat, he makes up for that with all of his catches.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #78
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Hunter is getting talked up for sure but I think I'll roll with West (have him going in another league as well). But now that gives me another head scratcher with starting Hunter in place of Edelman. It's a PPR league and even though Edelman isn't a scoring threat, he makes up for that with all of his catches.
I like Hunter more for the season but I don't see him as being there yet. The good news is that he lead the Titans in targets last week. The bad news is he only had a few catches and (without watching much of the game) I think he's mostly targeted deep while Wright gets the gadget plays designed for him and the short routes. I think Edelman is the safer bet this week in a PPR.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:27 PM   #79
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

(Standard scoring, 10 team)

Pick Two: Pierre Garcon, Justin Hunter, Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson, Keenan Allen

I'm leaning towards Garcon and Jackson right now...I'm down on Cruz after Week 1. I'm down on Allen against Seattle. Hunter against the Cowboys is very enticing.

Pick One: Terrance West, Andre Ellington, A 3rd WR from the list above

Not sure if West's performance was a fluke and how many carries Crowell will get but I like him over an less-than-100% Ellington at this point.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:31 PM   #80
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
West from the list above...and Edelman in a PPR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefakeJTS

Chris Ivory
Fred Jackson
Michael Crabtree
Andre Ellington
I'd go Jackson and Ellington.

Last edited by dieselboy; 09-12-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football »