Home

Bringing the Classics Back: Madden NFL 2002 49ers Franchise on Original Xbox

This is a discussion on Bringing the Classics Back: Madden NFL 2002 49ers Franchise on Original Xbox within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2023, 10:24 PM   #9
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Bringing the Classics Back: Madden NFL 2002 49ers Franchise on Original Xbox

The 49ers have been impressive this season with a balanced attack on offense and a solid defense. After a big win on the road against the Bears, they return home to face the Lions, who have struggled on both sides of the ball.

The Lions' offense has struggled to find its rhythm this season, ranking 27th in both the pass and run game. This bodes well for the 49ers' defense, which has been solid against the pass and continues to improve against the run.

On the other side of the ball, the 49ers have a balanced attack, with a top 10 passing game and a top 11 rushing game. This will be a good test for the Lions' defense, which has been strong against the pass but has struggled against the run.

Overall, the matchup looks to favor the 49ers, who have been playing at a high level this season. If they can continue their balanced offensive attack and improve their run defense, they should have a good chance to come away with a win at home. However, the Lions' defense could make things difficult for the 49ers' passing game, so it will be important for them to execute and make adjustments as needed.

Old 03-18-2023, 10:26 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Re: Bringing the Classics Back: Madden NFL 2002 49ers Franchise on Original Xbox

In week 10 of the 2001 season, the San Francisco 49ers host the New Orleans Saints in a rematch of their week 2 contest. Despite injuries at running back for the Saints, their rushing attack remains potent and ranks second in the league. Meanwhile, the 49ers maintain their status as a top-ten passing and rushing team.

Defensively, the 49ers have made small improvements against the run but still rank towards the bottom of the league at 22nd. Their pass defense is ranked 14th, while the Saints have the 28th ranked passing attack and 5th ranked run game. However, the Saints will be without star running back Ricky Williams and rookie Duce McAlister, which may affect their ability to run the ball effectively.

In the previous matchup, the 49ers came out on top. Can they do it again, or will the Saints find a way to overcome their injuries and come away with a victory? Tune in to see how this divisional battle plays out in Madden NFL 2002 on the original Xbox.

Old 03-19-2023, 02:50 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2023, 02:04 AM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi.delta
Great thread

Thanks.

I have recorded week 11 and week 12. I need to write the descriptions for them and upload them to YouTube.

I played an exhibition game of 49ers at the Ravens with the Madden Manifesto inspired All-Pro simulation sliders and dunked all over them because of the many exploitable flaws in the 2002 game play an AI. Madden 2003 was a huge step forward from the 2001 and 2002 entries into the sixth generation console games. If you want to watch, just keep in mind that:
1. I was still a bit rusty.
2. It was mostly done to show you why I prefer the intense CPU vs CPU games for a more realistic sim experience over the user just dunking on a CPU AI from the year 2001.
3. If I can do that to the best defense in the game, then there the only other challenge on paper would be to go toe to toe with the Rams "Greatest Show on Turf" offense... except the CPU battle vs the Rams in week 3 was enough to put them away.

I will return to the franchise on Monday night and hope to finish year one this week. No less than one game a night for five nights should get us through the season, into the playoffs and possibly beyond. I tend to just let the game run and set my alarm to check on it.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:25 PM   #13
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

As we approach week 11 of the 2001 season, the 49ers find themselves sitting pretty with a 7-2 record. But the road to the playoffs is never an easy one, especially when you have a divisional matchup against the Carolina Panthers on the horizon.

The Panthers may not have the strongest rushing attack in the league, but their passing game is second to none. This sets up a fascinating clash of styles, as the 49ers boast a stout running game and a top-tier passing attack of their own.

Defensively, both teams have some room for improvement, but the 49ers will need to step up their game in particular against the pass. With the Panthers' aerial assault being their biggest strength, the 49ers' pass defense will need to be firing on all cylinders to keep them in check.

This matchup is sure to be heated, with both teams looking to make a statement in a crucial divisional game. Can the 49ers' well-rounded attack overcome the Panthers' deadly passing game? Tune in to find out!

Old 03-20-2023, 08:41 PM   #14
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Week 12 of the 2001 season is shaping up to be a pivotal one for the San Francisco 49ers. Fresh off an impressive win over the Carolina Panthers, they now face a tough challenge against the Indianapolis Colts.

The 49ers' defense has steadily improved over the course of the season, going from a lowly 31st ranked run defense to a respectable 16th. Combined with their solid pass defense, they have become a much more well-rounded unit. On the offensive side of the ball, the 49ers have been firing on all cylinders, with a top 10 ranking in both passing and rushing yards per game.

But the Colts are no pushover. With a 6-4 record and the 7th best team ranking in the NFL, they are right in the thick of the playoff hunt. While their offense may not be as explosive as the 49ers', they are still a formidable unit, with a top 15 ranking in both passing and rushing yards per game. On defense, they have been solid as well, ranking in the top half of the league against both the pass and the run.

This matchup is sure to be a closely contested battle between two teams fighting for a playoff spot. Can the 49ers' balanced attack overcome the Colts' tough defense? Will the Colts be able to keep up with the 49ers' high-powered offense? All these questions and more will be answered when these two teams clash on the field. Don't miss out on what promises to be a thrilling matchup in Madden NFL 2002!

Old 03-20-2023, 08:45 PM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Weeks 11 and 12 are processing, and I am recording Bills @ 49ers, which is a CRAZY game as they enter the 4th quarter as I type this.

One thing you can do to enjoy the games as well is use the "L" key to skip ahead 10 seconds on YouTube and the arrow keys to skip in 5 second chunks. I was watching some back and found a could taps on the L key was a good way to jump from one play to the next. I am sorry, but editing would take hours, and I might throw together a season summary video with highlights of the whole adventure.

Last edited by PGaither84; 03-20-2023 at 10:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2023, 10:46 PM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Attention football fans! Get ready for an unexpected epic shootout in Week 13 of the Madden NFL 2002 Franchise mode! The San Francisco 49ers are coming off a hot streak with a 9-2 record and are set to face off against the Buffalo Bills, who are currently struggling at 4-7.

While the 49ers boast an impressive offense, ranking 6th in passing and 8th in rushing, and a solid defense, ranked in the top 10 against both the pass and the run, don't underestimate the Bills. Despite their lower-ranked offense, the Bills have a formidable pass defense, ranked second in the league.

But this game will not be a typical one. Fans are in for an unexpected epic shootout that will keep them on the edge of their seats until the very end. Without giving any spoilers, let's just say that this game will be one for the books, and you won't want to miss it. Will the 49ers continue their winning streak, or will the Bills pull off an upset? Tune in to find out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »