Home

Unfinished Business: Buffalo Bills Story (Madden 11 Franchise)

This is a discussion on Unfinished Business: Buffalo Bills Story (Madden 11 Franchise) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #305
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Unfinished Business: Buffalo Bills Story (Madden 11 Franchise)

If I did a Madden 13 dynasty, which team would people like to see me use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #306
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

The Cardinals could work -- I feel like it's a team set for a rebuild but one that not a lot of people use.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #307
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
The Cardinals could work -- I feel like it's a team set for a rebuild but one that not a lot of people use.
I was actually just thinking about doing a Cardinals one. I'm not a Cardinals fan, but living in Arizona I see how frustrated the fans are and hear all about the struggles. I think that's what I'll go with. I'll have to test out some slider sets but I think I just might launch a new dynasty.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #308
MVP

This M13 sim engine may keep me from doing a new one. Tried to get a Cards franchise going, was working on simming the first season so I can takeover with the 2013 offseason... Cardinals are 6-2... Lindley just went off on the 49ers defense. Chiefs 7-0. Falcons and Seahawks each with only 2 wins. wat.

Gonna give another run through the franchise a try though before I give up on it completely, just sucks cuz I had a bunch of scouting on this draft prospect set. Guess next time I'll wait until I see how the team is doing before I do any of that work lol.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #309
Rookie

one5beast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
This M13 sim engine may keep me from doing a new one. Tried to get a Cards franchise going, was working on simming the first season so I can takeover with the 2013 offseason... Cardinals are 6-2... Lindley just went off on the 49ers defense. Chiefs 7-0. Falcons and Seahawks each with only 2 wins. wat.

Gonna give another run through the franchise a try though before I give up on it completely, just sucks cuz I had a bunch of scouting on this draft prospect set. Guess next time I'll wait until I see how the team is doing before I do any of that work lol.
yeah i really hate that.

simmed 1st season with the Raiders and they ended up going all the way to the afc championship game.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #310
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

I admit that one seems a bit ridiculous, but honestly, if I told you in August that the Falcons would have the best record in the NFL, that Russell Wilson would lead the Seahawks to a playoff spot and three straight dominant performances, that Adrian Peterson would return week one and with a week left have a shot to break the single season rushing yards record AND that the Redskins would be atop the NFC East, you'd think I was crazy.

Point is, it's easy to look back in retrospect and say that it's completely reasonable that the season would have turned out this way, but it's just as likely that the Chiefs could have actually used Jamaal Charles properly and they were actually winning.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #311
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
I admit that one seems a bit ridiculous, but honestly, if I told you in August that the Falcons would have the best record in the NFL, that Russell Wilson would lead the Seahawks to a playoff spot and three straight dominant performances, that Adrian Peterson would return week one and with a week left have a shot to break the single season rushing yards record AND that the Redskins would be atop the NFC East, you'd think I was crazy.

Point is, it's easy to look back in retrospect and say that it's completely reasonable that the season would have turned out this way, but it's just as likely that the Chiefs could have actually used Jamaal Charles properly and they were actually winning.
The Chiefs and Seahawks ones I'd be able to overlook, but really it's the Cardinals (specifically Lindley dominating the Niner D) and the Falcons ones that got me. I'd probably even overlook the Falcons one and assume injuries got the best of them if the Cardinals got off to a worse start lol. But for some reason I just don't buy them having a top 5 run game and the #1 defense lol.

Started a new one though and so far there are better results, so we'll see. I'm hopeful because I've gotten the itch to start another one of these after looking at some of the stuff from this and other franchise threads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #312
Rookie

RAVENOUS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Speaking of Madden 12, I'm torn about what team to use for my franchise story. Since I intend to post it much like I did with this one, I'd like for it to be something the people following would most like to read. I've narrowed it down to 6 teams that I feel I would enjoy controlling and would like your opinions

1.) Bengals - Obviously these team is in a sad state right now. I'd take over as a new GM looking to move the team in the right direction, with a large focus on changing the image as the team currently has a reputation of being full of "bad apples" so-to-speak. It'd be a new look team built around character guys for the most part.

2.) Cowboys - Dallas is my favorite team, but I haven't done a franchise with them for several years now as they've simply been "too good" for it to be a rebuilding challenge. If chosen, the storyline would be that we either win this year or Jerry finally seeks the assistance of an actual GM.... or... he goes further into the deep end. Time will tell...

3.) Lions - So much young talent on this team, and yet still so many question marks (mainly about depth, health, and consistency). I feel like this may be a popular team for franchises this season, but I also think they may be the most fun to play with (other than my Cowboys) from day 1, but would still provide a bit of a challenge to become true contenders.

4.) Redskins - As a Cowboys fan, I love seeing Dan Snyder screw this team up year after year, and now watching Shannahan bet his reputation on unproven starters at QB and RB has been entertaining as well. Lots of question marks on this team, and could be fun to have to compete with Dallas (and the rest of the pesky NFC East) in order to build a contender.

5.) Cardinals - I'm an Arizona resident, so I hear from the fans how disappointed they've become year after year (excluding their Cinderella season). I've never been much of a fan but I like Fitzgerald and Peterson as cornerstone players to build around. I'd likely say enough of Whisenhunt, let's try something new.

6.) Seahawks - I just hate their entire offense. Would be a challenge to rebuild and I don't think I've ever even played a game while controlling the Seahawks so it would be a new experience all-around.

So what would people most likely to see?

Which team should I use for my M12 franchise?
Cincinnati Bengals
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Lions
Washington Redskins
Arizona Cardinals
Seattle Seahawks

pollcode.com free polls 
I know this is an old thread but I was reading through it and when I got to this part, it struck me that in just the third season after this post all six teams are playoff-relevant IRL, except the 'Skins, who were playoff-relevant last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »