Home

We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2020, 06:02 PM   #1913
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Wow, I am sad to see it go but what a great series so far! I am only halfway through viewing it but I have kept the spoilers relatively low! I look forward to finishing this and possibly look forward to some future content from you. Keep up doing great work!
Old 07-17-2020, 08:15 PM   #1914
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its2Eazy17
Wow, I am sad to see it go but what a great series so far! I am only halfway through viewing it but I have kept the spoilers relatively low! I look forward to finishing this and possibly look forward to some future content from you. Keep up doing great work!
I hope you continue to enjoy it, thanks for checking out the thread. The middle of the dynasty - seasons 4 and 5 specifically - remain my personal favorites; those days were just so much fun around the boards and you can sense it in the volume and nature of the replies from our followers. The contrasting high-energy personality of “Part I” and the more professional reporting style of “Part II” help make this a compelling read, even six years later.

It’s also fun to compare and contrast real life from fantasy as the years begin to catch up with the dynasty. Players that were stars here that didn’t pan out in real life are fun to research. Josh Marriner, “Ashanti Swift” (Kareem Walker), Treon Harris, Kendrick Doss, Kevin Olsen’s legal troubles, country music singer Jabe Burgess, Gonzaga basketball player/Rice QB Jeremy Jones are just a few. Teams that emerged as perennial threats here, such as Nebraska, that have struggled in real life and vice versa are fun to ponder in “What If?” scenarios. I'm in the middle of my own re-read, and there are just so many ways to look at this from the rear view mirror.

The one thing that I as the author love about this thread, though, is remembering what was going on in my life at each post. Though the game recaps often came much later, in many cases I remember the day that a certain game was played. Indiana Season 6 was a fun one for me because it was played an hour before I went to a Halloween party during the 2015 World Series. Little things like that mean a lot. Those were some really great times, and this serves as a fun relic and time capsule for me personally and as a fan/historian of the sport. Maybe that’s why we love these dynasties so much.

In any case, I hope you enjoyed my nostalgia trip LMAO. I sincerely hope that all of you are doing well. Much love as always.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:23 PM   #1915
MVP

whughes's Arena

Didn’t realize I was still subscribed to this thread, but I got the email notification that you made a new post Guru and not gonna lie, I got pretty excited. Still one of my favorite dynasties ever and I’m glad I got to experience it live starting from season one. It was a heckuva ride!

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »