Home

A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2016, 01:25 AM   #1057
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

Really nice tie-in there with Robert and Rodney. Well done, Cheese! Take it easy on my Broncos, by the way, but still get that W.

Also, great to see I'm making strides with Memphis as we now sit 3-3. Going to turn them into what the modern version of Memphis was.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:48 PM   #1058
Rookie

Thats a great article, im glad to see his brother choose you guys and will help further build the program.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:39 PM   #1059
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Just read through everyting I missed when I was gone, and you are looking good my man. You're one step away from that powerhouse status. How rewarding it must be after starting at the bottom.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:47 AM   #1060

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Love this article. Hope he can live up to the standard his brother created. Quite a nice nucleus you're putting together. He, Riley, and Trey Davis will be very formidable.
Thank you my good friend for the great feedback as always. I am very excited with how the recruiting class is shaping up. Between Thomas and Riley, I think we are putting together a very nice next generation at the wideout position. When I saw a "Rodney Thomas" was atop my recruiting board, it was just too good of an opportunity to not give Robert a brother. As you know, you have to just love it when storylines like that naturally develop in a dynasty. Thanks again for checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearz49ers
What an exciting prospect that Thomas could be, it looks as though he could be the perfect compliment to fellow recruit Mark Riley in this future offense your building here
Thanks Tearz! Thomas and Riley should complement each other very nicely. Riley is definitely a bigger more red-zone/possession kind of wideout while Thomas is the home run threat. The future is looking very bright for us there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
Really nice tie-in there with Robert and Rodney. Well done, Cheese! Take it easy on my Broncos, by the way, but still get that W.

Also, great to see I'm making strides with Memphis as we now sit 3-3. Going to turn them into what the modern version of Memphis was.
Thank you my friend for taking the time to check in and follow along! I am really happy to see people are enjoying the brother storyline of Robert and Rodney as much as I am. Like I was telling Deegeezy, when storylines like that develop naturally, it is very satisfying. It will definitely be one I continue to develop.

Western Michigan should provide a good challenge. Despite what any ratings say rivalry games are always competitive.

The future is looking bright for you at Memphis. The team has made huge strides since last season. If you keep this up, the university is going to want to keep you around for a good long while without a doubt. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey7886
Thats a great article, im glad to see his brother choose you guys and will help further build the program.
Thank you for the compliments on the article. I am really glad you enjoyed! It has been a lot of fun to develop the storyline. We are definitely lucky to have another Thomas in the fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundingThird
Just read through everyting I missed when I was gone, and you are looking good my man. You're one step away from that powerhouse status. How rewarding it must be after starting at the bottom.
Good to hear from you my friend. I really appreciate you taking the time to read through everything. We are really making huge strides as a program both on and off the field. Like you said, especially considering where we started, it feels really good. We still have many more goals and landmarks to achieve before we can start to talk about ourselves among the best and that is only the beginning. It is isn't just about reaching the top but also proving you can stay there, year after year. Thanks again for checking in, I always enjoy your insight!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 06-04-2016, 11:51 PM   #1061

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Year 5 (2015), Game 8, Western Michigan at #12 Eastern Michigan

Eastern Michigan halfback Joel Humphrey takes a pitch play into the endzone in the first quarter / Heisman hopeful Robert Thomas hammers in one of his two scores.

Continued Dominance: Eastern Michigan Rolls Through Rival Broncos 44-0

Western QB Reid struggles throwing four interceptions | Eagles outgain Broncos 492-115 | Eastern Michigan heads out on the road to take on conference foe Temple.

AP Ypsilanti – There is little doubt who the best team in the rivalry is this season, as Eastern Michigan absolutely trounced Western Michigan 44-0. The shutout was the first ever for Eastern Michigan during head coach Dan Clayton's tenure. Western Michigan could get nothing going on offense as redshirt freshman QB William Reid had a rough outing throwing four interceptions. First year Western Michigan head coach Jim Burrow will continue to search for his first win as his team is now 0-6 on the season. Burrow was previously the defensive coordinator for the Ohio Bobcats.

Super senior: Eastern Michigan senior defensive tackle Tremayne Smith recorded two sacks in the win. He currently leads the team with five sacks on the season. Smith holds both the season and career school records for sacks.

The Eagles would set the tone early in the game as on the very first play for Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan FS Albert McDaniel would pick off a wayward pass from Reid over the middle of the field. McDaniel, a sophomore from Canada, would record two interceptions in the game. Reid missed his first four pass attempts in the game. HB Joel Humphrey would take advantage of the short field, taking in a one-yard toss play to give Eastern Michigan an early 7-0 lead.

The defense would continue to smother the Broncos offense in the second quarter. Eastern Michigan found the endzone for the second time, as HB Robert Thomas punched in an 11-yard score. Thomas would finish the game with 130 yards and two scores. He now has 15 touchdowns on the season. The Eagles would take a 17-0 lead into halftime.

"I know everyone wants to talk about our running game but really I think the thing that has made us among the best this season is the play of our defense." -- Eagles head coach Dan Clayton

Eastern Michigan blew the game wide open in the third quarter. Humphrey would scamper free early on for a 50-yard touchdown. Down 24 points, Western Michigan would drive down the field only see their lone scoring opportunity erased as CB Wes Dunlap came up with an interception in the endzone. A 43-yard touchdown catch by WR Reggie Johnson on the subsequent drive would all but crush any hope of a comeback for Western Michigan.

For the second week in a row, with a comfortable lead in the fourth quarter, the Eagles elected to take their foot off the gas pedal and just run clock. A second touchdown from Thomas, along with McDaniel's second interception would secure the team's first shutout of an opponent. The 44 point spread was also the largest margin of victory over Western Michigan under Clayton.

Multi-Pick Performance: Sophomore safety Albert McDaniel would finish the game with two interceptions, including one on the very first play of the game. McDaniel has started both seasons since being recruited out of Kitchener, Canada.

"Taking care of business against a rival like Western Michigan is never easy. The team did a good job staying focused and executing." -- Eagles Head Coach Dan Clayton

Eastern Michigan will be on the road next week as they travel to Philadelphia to face Temple (2-4). The Owls are coming off of a 42-24 road loss to the Miami RedHawks. The two teams have not met since the 2012 season, when they played in a dramatic double overtime game. Then freshman WR Nick Vaughn was named player of the game after recording 150 yards and two touchdowns in the win. Kickoff is scheduled for 8 pm est.

Eagles Clippings: Four star high school prospect DT "Big" Mike Holloway (6-1, 283 lbs) was in attendance and signed a formal letter of commitment following the game. Holloway had previously given a verbal commitment to Michigan. He is rated as the number 8 defensive tackle prospect in the nation...The Eagles are now ranked 11th in the latest polls.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Western Michigan Broncos at Eastern Michigan Eagles
Oct 17, 20151ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Western Michigan Broncos (0-6)00000
#12 Eastern Michigan Eagles (8-0)710171044
Team Stats Comparison
WMUEMU
Total Offense115492
Rushing Yards26319
Passing Yards89173
First Downs620
Punt Return Yards080
Kick Return Yards4730
Total Yards162602
Turnovers40
3rd Down Conversion1-11 (9%)4-12 (33%)
4th Down Conversion--0-1 (0%)
2-Point Conversion----
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/0 (0%)3/1 (100%)
Penalties2-10 yds1-5 yds
Possession Time9:5622:04
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGWMUEMU
6:01(EMU) J. Humphrey 1 yd run (L. Taylor kick)07
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGWMUEMU
1:34(EMU) R. Thomas 11 yd run (L. Taylor kick)014
0:08(EMU) L. Taylor 44 yd FG017
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGWMUEMU
6:16(EMU) J. Humphrey 50 yd run (L. Taylor kick)024
3:35(EMU) R. Johnson 43 yd pass from M. Iannotti (L. Taylor kick)031
1:06(EMU) L. Taylor 45 yd FG034
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGWMUEMU
6:59(EMU) R. Thomas 7 yd run (L. Taylor kick)041
3:58(EMU) L. Taylor 38 yd FG044
Western Michigan Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
W. Reid11/328904
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
N. Keenan9374.10
J. Cooke310.30
W. Reid3-12-4.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
E. Herring3268.60
N. Keenan3-5-1.60
J. York22512.50
J. Raymond13737.00
P. Cook133.00
M. Flowers133.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
J. Patterson01
J. Scott01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
R. Atkins100.000
C. Ross70.000
T. Brown11.000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
----------
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
D. Gordon836846.00
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Raymond24723.50
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Raymond100.00
Eastern Michigan Eagles
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Iannotti12/2117310
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R. Thomas231305.62
K. Singleton171398.10
J. Humphrey56613.22
M. Iannotti1-16-16.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Phillips44210.50
K. Singleton3134.30
N. Vaughn26633.00
R. Johnson24824.01
L. Willis 144.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
A. Wesley01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
T. Williams40.000
W. Dunlap40.010
T. Smith32.000
J. Ernst20.010
A. McDaniel10.020
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
L. Taylor3/35/51445
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
E. Smith418245.51
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
R. Johnson13030.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
K. Singleton78011.40

2015 Eastern Michigan Schedule/Results
Code:

Opponent (record)          Result      Record
---------------------------------------------------
vs Connecticut (0-1)       W 34-20       1-0
at Indiana (0-1)           W 45-9        2-0
at Iowa (1-2)              W 31-7        3-0
vs Michigan (1-1)          W 19-6        4-0
at Central Michigan (1-3)  W 38-31       5-0
at Buffalo (1-3)           W 41-7        6-0
vs Ball State (1-4)        W 62-7        7-0
vs Western Michigan (0-6)  W 44-0        8-0
at Temple
vs Miami (OH)
at Northern Illinois
vs Kent State
----------------------------------

Next Game:

Saturday, October 24, 2015 @ 8:00pm

(8-0) #11 at (2-4)

All Time Series Record Verse Opponent (1-5)
Last Meeting Eastern Michigan W 38-35 2OT (2012)

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 07:16 AM   #1062
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Year 5 (2015), Game 8, Western Michigan at #12 Eastern Michigan

2/3 of the way to undefeated, leggo!

love the running game, wish I could get mine going like that!
Old 06-05-2016, 06:55 PM   #1063
Rookie

The Michigan MAC Trophy staying with the Eagles!
Old 06-05-2016, 06:58 PM   #1064
Pro

Nice win! Keep it up on the field and on the recruiting trail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »