Home

#GRAMFAM: A Grambling State Dynasty (NCAA '14)

This is a discussion on #GRAMFAM: A Grambling State Dynasty (NCAA '14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #57
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #GRAMFAM: A Grambling State Dynasty (NCAA '14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHC
Blake was having a game up until that final interception! Kept the game close despite 4 turnovers which is encouraging, but well, that doesn't win ball games.

Keeping Blake in to start next week?
Blake has truly impressed in both games when he has come in. As far as who will get the start against Western Kentucky that will be addressed soon here in Coach's Corner
Old 10-19-2016, 02:48 PM   #58
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

We are here with the Grambling's Offensive Coordinator Nate Walker and Defensive Coordinator Will Buckley for this edition of Coaches Corner.

Sun Belt News: Coach Walker your unit has struggled in the first two games. How do you plan to fix things?

Coach Walker: It's no secret we have struggled getting the ground game going. What has killed us most has been the turnovers. That is the first thing we must fix is not giving the ball back to the other team. When we do that it puts the Defense right back on the field. Coach Buck has done a great job but we are killing his guys by putting them right back on the field.

Gramblinite: Coach, the question everyone wants to know is are you going to pull the trigger and sit Farris in favor of Blake?

Coach Walker: Tramaine Blake will get the start against Western Kentucky. I think he has earned it. Not only has he lead us to all but 7 of the points we have scored on Offense but he has done a better job of protecting the football.

Shreveport Times: Coach Buckley, how has the lack of Offense effected your Defensive unit?

Coach Buckley: It really hasn't. I tell my guys everyday our job is to stop the other team from scoring no matter what. They understand it's early in the season. We are still learning things on both sides of the ball. We've had our fair share of blown assignments so no one can blame anyone.

The News Star: Coach Buckley, can you give us your insight on the QB switch from a Defensive stand point?

Coach Buckley: There is no doubt that Blake is the better passer. Which comes as no surprise as he is a pocket passer. Being an upperclassman he knows how to read defenses a little better and how to fit the ball in tighter windows. I know he has worked hard.

Sun Belt News: Coach Walker, with the QB change can we expect to see you air the ball out a little more like you did against New Mexico?

Coach Walker: As of right now I feel we will pass it a little more than we run it. Not because of the QB change but because are just a little better in that area of the game right now. We will still run the ball and hope to get that going better than we have been.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:35 PM   #59
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I'm loving being able to watch these through youtube. It really gives insight to playing style and makes it more connected.

A lot of forced passes by Farris. Blake came in and did a lot better, but got desperate at the end. He had the underneath route open, but seemed to want it all. In all though, he may have earned himself a starting spot.

I know the QB is user controlled, but sometimes you are just better with a certain guy, even if he is rated lower.

Major Boise State fan
Old 10-19-2016, 07:55 PM   #60
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I'm loving being able to watch these through youtube. It really gives insight to playing style and makes it more connected.

A lot of forced passes by Farris. Blake came in and did a lot better, but got desperate at the end. He had the underneath route open, but seemed to want it all. In all though, he may have earned himself a starting spot.

I know the QB is user controlled, but sometimes you are just better with a certain guy, even if he is rated lower.
Yeah for some reason Farris just couldn't get the job done. Blake has done so well in 2 games he has earned a +1 in overall and is now 70 overall. Thanks for checking in
Old 10-19-2016, 09:51 PM   #61
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Craig Haubert here with Grambling Recruiting Coordinator Rob Huff

Craig: Coach Huff lets get right to it how are things going on the recruiting trail in season 1 of Grambling's transition to FBS ball?

Coach Huff: Things have been slow. We have 8 kids schedule for visits so far. Our top 7 guys on the board all have us 2nd on their list of schools. We just picked up our first commit after the New Mexico game.

Craig: Who was the first kid to commit to Grambling?

Coach Huff: That would be JUCO DE Rasheed Ramierz from Bogalusa, LA. He ranks as the 208th best DE in the country.

Craig: Thanks for the update we will catch up with you after week 6 if you don't get another commit by then.

Coach Huff: For sure Craig
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 10:04 PM   #62
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Week 5 Games

Va Tech (3-1) @ GA Tech (2-1)
#2 Texas A&M (4-0) @ Arkansas (3-1)
#6 Oklahoma (2-0) @ Notre Dame (1-3)
East Carolina (1-2) @ UNC (3-1)
Wake Forest (3-1) @ #13 Clemson (2-1)
#19 Oklahoma St (2-1) @ West Va (2-2)
Toledo (1-3) @ Ball State (4-0)
#8 Florida St (3-0) @ Boston College (3-0)
USC (2-1) @ #21 Arizona St (2-1)
#14 LSU (3-1) @ #1 Georgia (3-0) "Game Day"
Wisconsin (4-0) @ #3 Ohio St (4-0)
#18 Ole Miss (3-0) @ #7 Alabama (3-1)
Arizona (3-0) @ Washington (1-2)
Kent St (2-2) @ Western Michigan (2-2)
Utah (0-3) @ San Jose St (2-1)

Troy (1-1) @ Duke (2-2)
S. Alabama (2-1) @ #22 Tennessee (3-1)
Wyoming (2-2) @ Texas St (1-1)
Arkansas St (0-3) @ Missouri (3-0)
UL Monroe (1-2) @ Southern (1-2)

Old 10-20-2016, 03:03 AM   #63
DHC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I think we all get like that when the game is on the line, get that itchy trigger finger for the deep ball to get the yards and miss the wide open player to move the sticks. Human Nature to want it all and do it in one play, I know I do it and I kick myself for it all the time.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:05 AM   #64
DHC
Rookie

Glad Blake is getting the start, lets hope he can handle the pressure!

I guess in recruitment you have a huge amount of teams in Louisiana all going for the same in state guys?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »