Home

#H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2017, 06:41 PM   #9
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
I'm not a die hard PSU fan by any means but I definitely like them more than Pitt. I do respect them and want them to win for the good of PA football and keeping recruits in the area. And who doesn't love James Conner? Haha I just grew up in a home where there was never really a favorite school so I just love college football more than anything.

Just watched your first game, and love everything. Hobestly, everything about it was great man, keep it up.
No worries, I accept all forms of fanship into this dynasty haha, plus my next game is against Penn State anyways so we can put that rivalry to the test very quickly! Yes, James Conner is an absolute inspiration there's no doubt.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the kind words, I'll try and keep the excitement up as I am really enjoying being back in the NCAA land.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 01-17-2017, 08:13 PM   #10
MVP

moose141's Arena

2016: Season 1, Week 1 NCAA Recap Show and Week 2 Preview

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
Old 01-19-2017, 09:13 PM   #11
MVP

moose141's Arena

Season 1, Game 2: PITT-PENN STATE RIVALRY RENEWED!

Let me know what you think of the recap! All constructive criticism and feedback is appreciated.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2017, 05:07 PM   #12
MVP

moose141's Arena

Season 1, Week 2 Recap: Around the NCAA, Week 3 Preview!

Old 01-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #13
MVP

moose141's Arena

So I was perusing the NCAA forum, and the House Rules thread was phenomenal and I found a lot of good things in it. I'm going to post the rules that I'm going to implement into my dynasty, which I will start implementing from now. The only rule I followed to start was to try and stay in the normal Pitt pipelines (PA, OH, NJ, FL, NY) and basically only target guys who had Pitt in their Top 10 to start. However, these will be my new official House Rules from here on out.

Recruiting Rules
- No scouting of players until they are signed or lost. Then they will be legitimate gems/busts once they are scouted after the fact.
- I can only sign enough players to fill in my 70 roster spots when I lose seniors, plus any available spots from transfers/players leaving early. Then I can't overstock top talent and cut guys who were already on the team.
- Anyone added to the recruiting board after the season begins has to have Pitt at least in their top 10. (Does not include preseason).
- Players who are +750 on the field in recruiting are considered to be verbal commits (mainly for use in dynasty writing, not that they actually are).

Other than this, I'm pretty flexible on recruiting, mainly because I probably haven't really played NCAA since 2014 so I'm still kind of getting my feet back under me.

Team Rules
- Player can only be redshirted if they would not play in real life scenario and will not be on my 2 deep depth chart.
- Can't redshirt anyone who comes in as a 4* prospect or higher, must play them in some capacity.
- Must sign a weak TE prospect to stay on the roster for 4 years as the long snapper. (LOVE this one.)

The one thing that I've seen people make a rule about but I haven't played enough to decide is the Kitchen Sink recruiting tree upgrade. Do you guys put a cap on this to prevent you from being able to make too easy of a pitch to players? What are your thoughts on that possible rule to cap it at +600 or +500?

If you have any other cool house rules that you use let me know, or if you have any of mine that you like or don't like let me know as well! I want to make this fairly challenging so that it gets plenty of enjoyment and longevity!

Old 01-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #14
MVP

moose141's Arena

Season 1, Game 3: UPSET ALERT IN TALLAHASSEE?

Old 01-28-2017, 04:27 PM   #15
MVP

moose141's Arena

Season 1, Week 3 Recap + Week 4 Preview!

After a tough loss away to #4 Florida State, the Panthers head to Stillwater to take on #23 Oklahoma State. Who comes away with the win? Let me know what you think in the comments!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2017, 11:56 PM   #16
MVP

moose141's Arena

Season 1, Game 4: Scoring Shootout in Stillwater!

After a devastating loss to Florida State, the Panthers head to Stillwater to take on the #23 Oklahoma State Cowboys! Can they bounce back to improve to 3-1? Tune in to find out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »