Home

From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dynasty

This is a discussion on From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2017, 08:59 PM   #9
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dyn

sounds like case has been using steroids. 50 pounds in one summer ����?? lol but you know i'm following this one. the player dynasties are my favorite
Old 08-06-2017, 01:04 AM   #10
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Yesssssssssss!

Always enjoy your work so you know I'll be following.. your writing has always been top-notch and I'm looking forward to seeing the story unfold and the progression of our man Jace!
Thanks man! I really appreciate that! I am excited and I can't wait to see how this goes. It wont be anywhere near how awesome yours is, but it should be fun and interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
It has always crossed my mind to do something like this as well, so I cant wait to see you/Jace put in some work.
You should do it! Part of the reason why I started this is because there are not too many reports on here like this. Thanks for checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
sounds like case has been using steroids. 50 pounds in one summer ����?? lol but you know i'm following this one. the player dynasties are my favorite
Lol! Eh Coach King tends to exaggerate a little bit. Thanks for the follow man!

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
Old 08-06-2017, 01:09 AM   #11
Master of Disguise

Chapter One

A loud buzzing woke Jace Williams from a deep sleep. He moaned and pulled the covers over his head hoping to block out the noise and go back to sleep. The buzzing continued insistently and he sighed. Keeping his eyes closed he reached out with one arm feeling around for his phone till he found it. Bracing himself for the bright glare he pressed the home button to see who had texted him this early.

“1st day of school babe!” The text said. “Meet u in the courtyard!”

He chuckled to himself. The text was from Emily Grayson, one of the most popular girls in school, if not the town. She was clever and ambitious and wanted to be the head of everything whether it was prom, student council, or the cheerleading squad. So he was not surprised to see that she was up and ready to go.

He sent a quick reply and then sat up in bed. He gave a loud groan as he stretched and stumbled into the bathroom. He could hear the sound of dishes clanging and muffled chatter coming from another part of the house. His stomach grumbled as he realized his mom was up making her famous back to school breakfast. His mouth watering at the thought, he closed the door and hurriedly turned on the shower.

About twenty minutes later he walked into the dining room slinging a backpack onto his shoulders.

“Ah there he is!” Said a large man sitting at the dining room table reading a newspaper. “The Savior of Odessa High!”

Jace grimaced. “No I am not dad.”

His dad placed the newspaper on the table and pointed to the headline. “This says different. Says you may be the only reason why Odessa High might not go winless this year.” He shook his head. “If they have spent as much time with you this summer as they did with that Collins kid…”

“They’d still write the same damn thing.” Said a pretty older woman coming out of the kitchen with a plate full of waffles. “Good morning sweetheart.” She said planting a kiss on Jace’s cheek and placing the plate on the table.

His dad scoffed and reached for a waffle. “Yeah well, my son will show everyone Permian is overrated.”

His mom shook her head with a small smile on her face. “The way you talk.” She said playfully. “One would think you’re ready to put back on that helmet and run onto the field.

He smiled and pulled her in close. “I bet I could still knock around some of these younger guys.”

Thomas Williams was a former all-star left tackle for Texas Tech University. After a successful career with the Red Raiders, he was drafted in the 5th round by the Minnesota Vikings. In his first training camp, he tore his ACL and MCL and was never quite the same. He bounced around the league for a few years before he decided to retire. He came back to West Texas and started working at an oil field company where he found success as a technician.

“Guys seriously?” Jace said as his parents started making out. “I am out.” He grabbed a waffle off the plate and headed out the door.

“Have a good first day!” His mom yelled as he closed the door.

As he reached the front gate he saw a familiar form walking up the sidewalk towards him.

“Well well.” He said as the figure got close to him. “Look who decided to come back to this ole town.”

The girl gave him a strange look. “I am sorry, do I know you?”

“Um Sarah. It’s me Jace? Your best friend for like a gajillion years?”

She looked at him quizzically. “Are you sure? Because when I left for the summer my best friend was maybe this high.” She gestured with her hand. “And this big.” She held her hands a few feet apart. “Not this monster.” She said pointing at him.

He shoved her lightly. “Oh shut up. So I had a little bit of a growth spurt.”

“A little bit? You sure you didn’t eat my best friend?”

He laughed and pulled her in for a hug. “Oh I missed you.”

She smiled and hugged him back. “I missed you too. I was surrounded by idiots the whole summer. Oh! Check out this kick *** t-shirt I got.” She said stepping back to show him.

Jace took a good look at his friend since kindergarten. She had her dark coal hair pulled back into her standard ponytail and her green eyes shown with excitement. Her face had very little makeup and was clear of blemishes except for a pair of freckles that formed a heart underneath her right eye. The shirt she was showing him was brown with the words “Browncoats Unite!” written on them.

“That is so cool!” He said. “Where’d you get that?”

“There was a comic con that came to town while I was there.” She said. “So I snuck away from camp to attend for a few hours.”

He chuckled as they started walking down the sidewalk towards school. “So how was medical camp?”

She rolled her eyes. “It was so boring and everyone there was so pretentious.”

“Did you give them a chance?”

“Yes!” She said defiantly. “But they kept getting on my nerves. They all thought they knew it all since they came from wealthy families.”

He laughed and she gave him a look. “Hey. At least I didn’t hit any of them or prank them.”

“This time.” He said.

She mumbled something incoherently under her breath.

“What?”

“Nothing.” She cleared her throat. “So while I was away having a blast in the great city of Phoenix, how was your summer?”

“It was… Long.”

“Yeah?”

“Mhm. Between my dad and Coach King, I ate, drank, and slept football.”

“I can tell.” She said glancing at his improved physique again.

“It’s gotten to the point where I am not sure I even like football.”

“It’ll get better.” She said. “Once school gets going and all the annoying football festivities get underway, you’ll feel it again.”

“I hope your right.” He said with a sigh.

“I am always right.”

They walked for a few minutes in silence.

“So senior year.” Sarah said breaking the silence. “This is it.”

“Ugh. Don’t remind me.”

“Have you thought about what college you want to go to?”

“Not really.” Jace said. “Whoever offers me a scholarship I guess. My parents want me to go to Texas Tech and Emily wants me to go to Texas A&M.”

They turned a corner and the huge hulking form of Odessa High school came into view. Sarah rolled her eyes.

“Please don’t follow that blonde devil to the epicenter of humidity and crap.”

He laughed. “Not a fan of the Aggies?”

“Are you serious? You do know my family are all University of Texas alum right?”

“But we are best friends and my parents are Texas Tech alumni.”

She shrugged. “That’s different. Texas Tech is like Texas’s annoying little brother that occasionally gets a win against them. A&M is like that annoying cousin that follows you around whining, complaining and pissing themselves all the time.”

Jace shook his head as they step foot on campus. The school was filled with students greeting each other for the first time after a long summer and comparing class schedules. As they made their way to the courtyard, someone yelled out his name.

He turned to see who had called him and saw a very pretty blonde girl with bright blue eyes, wearing a dress that barely left anything to the imagination. As she made her way towards him, people in the crowd did a double take and stared after her. When she reached him she wrapped her arms around him and drew him in for a long kiss. After a minute they broke apart and everyone in the crowd went back to what they were doing with jealous looks on their face.

“Hey baby.” Emily Greyson said. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too.” He said. “Here let me take your bag.” He grabbed her back pack and slung it over his shoulder.

“Thanks babe.” She said as she took his arm. “So we need to talk and game plan about our senior year. We need to start our campaign for homecoming king and queen as well as prom king and queen.”

Sarah snorted and Emily gave her a withering look. “No one asked for your opinion lesbo. Get lost.”

Sarah glared at her. “I was walking with my friend first.”

Jace patted her on the shoulder. “It’s ok. I’ll catch up with you later.”

As they walked away Emily threw a triumphant look back at Sarah and clutched Jace’s arm tighter.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2017, 01:55 AM   #12
Master of Disguise

Friday Night Lights is Back!
The Odessa High Football Team Gets Ready to Kick Off Another Season

Ratliff Stadium in Odessa, Texas on a Friday Night

Odessa, Tx- As Coach Ron King and crew get ready for another season, fans are hoping that the our Bronchos are more competitive in their games this year.

"It's one thing to lose games by a few points." Odessa High alumni Robin Berry said. "It's another to get blown out on a consistent basis. I hope this year's group of kids shows more fight."

Odessa High over the past couple of years have been beaten badly by much better teams who view games against us as practice. Coach King is hoping that starting quarterback Jace Williams changes all that.

"He is a good kid." Coach King said. "Our offense will run through him and I expect some great performances."

Jace (who happens to be a great friend of mine) will take the reins of this team for the first time since he tossed 3 touchdown passes in the game against Abilene Cooper last season in place of injured quarterback Levi Smith. Why he didn't finish the season as the starter is beyond me but it seems as though Coach King got smart this summer.

"Look. We have a system that allows our seniors to get more playing time then our juniors or sophomores." Coach King said.

Whatever Coach. If the Bronchos expect to do well this season and give fans something to watch other then the very attractive Emily Grayson and her cheerleading squad they have to get through a very hard schedule that features some tough non-district and district opponents. Let's take a look at the Odessa High 2012 schedule:

Game One
Opponent: Frenship High Tigers
Where: Odessa, TX

Game Two
Opponent: Amarillo High Sandies

Game Three
Opponent: Lubbock Monterey Plainsmen
Where: Lubbock, TX

Game Four*
Opponent: San Angelo Central Bobcats

Game Five*
Opponent: Odessa Permian Panthers
Where: Odessa, TX (OHS is Away)

Game Six*
Opponent: Abilene Cooper Cougars
Where: Abilene, TX

Game Seven*
Opponent: Midland Lee Rebels

Game Eight*
Opponent: Lubbock Coronado Mustangs
Where: Lubbock, TX

Game Nine*
Opponent: Abilene High Eagles
Where: Odessa TX

Game Ten*
Opponent: Midland High Bulldogs
Where: Midland, TX

Game Eleven*
Opponent: Amarillo Tascosa Rebels

* Denotes District Game

With returning district champion Abilene High coming to town and the evil empire known as Permian preparing for a state championship run, it will be very difficult for Jace and crew to get wins this year. But crazy things have happened before! So I implore every Broncho fan, student, teacher, parent and alumni to come out and support Odessa High at their football games this season. I have a feeling you will not want to miss this.

Odessa High will host the Frenship Tigers this Friday at 7 pm. It's superhero night! Come dressed as your favorite hero!

Old 08-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #13
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

Love the Texas high school football story.I'm following along for sure. Good luck against frenship, they are pretty good in real life.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #14
Pro

Looking forward to reading more and the career of Jace Williams. So many options ahead
Old 08-06-2017, 10:11 PM   #15
Master of Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderAid89
Love the Texas high school football story.I'm following along for sure. Good luck against frenship, they are pretty good in real life.
Thanks for the follow man! Frenship is good. We always struggled against them in real life. This game doesnt do them justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBritishGuy
Looking forward to reading more and the career of Jace Williams. So many options ahead
I really appreciate that man. I am looking forward to see where his career goes as well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2017, 10:57 PM   #16
Master of Disguise

Kaboom!
Odessa High's Defense is the Star as They Blank the Tigers

Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) celebrates after throwing a TD pass

Odessa, TX- After 2 consecutive seasons that saw the Odessa High Bronchos be on the receiving end of some major blowouts, our boys were able to deliver one of their own as they beat the Frenship Tigers 38-0.

"We have a special team that is for sure." Coach Ron King said after the game. "We were a little rough there in the beginning but it was great to see it all put together."

Broncho WR Jimmy Ostrander (82) catches the first TD of the game.

It looks like Coach King's strategy of being more 'relaxed' is paying off as the team looked smarter, sharper and more physical then they have in years pass. The defense, led by captain and middle linebacker Sam Reed, put together a terrific performance that limited a potent Tigers offense to 250 yards and a big goose egg on the scoreboard.

"That was awesome man!" Sam said after the game. (Who also happens to be a friend of mine.) "We all believed we could play against these guys and we just went out and did it and had fun while doing it."

Broncho WR Jimmy Ostrander (82) catches a pass in stride and scores a 64 yd TD.

As awesome as the defense was, all eyes were on quarterback Jace Williams. Williams is expected to lead the Bronchos to a successful season and he is well on his way. He started off kind of rocky, throwing 2 interceptions, but he recovered (probably because the amazingly beautiful Emily Grayson was on the sidelines cheering him on) and ended the game with 4 touchdown passes, over 400 yards passing, and a rushing touchdown. He was simply amazing to watch.

Tigers CB Phillip Wade (24), intercepts a Jace Williams pass in the 1st quarter

"I was in my head a little bit in the beginning there." Jace said after the game. "So I needed a moment to relax and just play the game. It was really fun and easy after that."

Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) runs 15 yards for a TD.

To all the people who made fun of me after my first article for being to optimistic about this team, I hope this game changed your mind. Our boys need your support so come out next Friday when the Amarillo High Sandies come to town and you will see history unfold before your eyes!

To everyone who participated in the superhero costume contest at the game, the winner will be announced during 3rd period on Monday!

Top Performers of the Game

QB Jace Williams
25-34, 448 YDS, 4 TD, 2 INT
12 ATT, 98 YDS, TD

WR Jimmy Ostrander
8 REC, 127 YDS, 2 TD

MLB Sam Reed
12 TKL, 2 TFL, FF