Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #8113
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

Woot! New job. A far better job than I probably deserve at this stage I think. I hope I don't struggle and get fired.

I love that they don't talk about my 5 league titles, or 8 cup wins. But that one time, that one time I lost in the cup final. Figures.

Got all my coach badges done and dusted while at TNS. And now my stats are inflated from dominating the league for four straight years. However I didn't improve too much manager stats wise, even for having the highest level of badge.

Oddly, not a single job offer from and English speaking country either. But I did turn down 8 jobs before taking this one. The journey(man) continues.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:41 PM   #8114

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Apparently my lack of financial control really hurt me, I ended up in the 2. Division in Denmark with fallen Superliga team Brønshøj. After my off-season signings though we're tipped for promotion, so hopefully I'll have 2 years, 2 promotions under my belt. I did take them over amidst their relegation battle, but it was fairly easy to save them.

First game in my first hopefully full season with Brønshøj, it was a freaking nail biter.

Last edited by Suntan Superman; 12-13-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:24 PM   #8115
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

I didn't realize I didn't have the second division in Greece loaded. And this team was just promoted. They only had 11 players on the first team. Two of which I cut instantly for being 37 and 38 and garbage physicals. Well, not cut, but signed them both to my completely empty coaching staff.

Its been oddly fun building an entirely new team from scratch. Players and staff. It was just me and a scout on the staff.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2016, 11:30 PM   #8116

Suntan Superman's Arena

sometimes you get aggressive during the second half team talk, sometimes your players respond:

Old 12-14-2016, 02:33 AM   #8117
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

The new virtix 1.4 update is pretty nice.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:55 AM   #8118

Suntan Superman's Arena

So it appears as though the Russian file edits I loaded have bugged out. While not actually save ruining, its killing the immersion for me, so I'm looking to start a new save again.

I'm running into a bit of a problem right now though, I have a hard time thinking of a save file I want to do. I always create myself as a manager, lately I've been starting with 0 badges, Sunday League, and working my way up. I'm tired of LLM right now though. So I'm hoping someone here can give me a challenge, or point me to something that they've tried that's working. I'm going to start a little journeyman save and see where it takes me in the meantime, or what I feel like, if it gives me some inspiration.

The German transfer bug sucks as well, as I kind of go to Germany as my default find a team and start save.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:52 AM   #8119

Suntan Superman's Arena

As soon as I complain about it, SI has a patch! Nice!
Old 12-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #8120
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
So it appears as though the Russian file edits I loaded have bugged out. While not actually save ruining, its killing the immersion for me, so I'm looking to start a new save again.

I'm running into a bit of a problem right now though, I have a hard time thinking of a save file I want to do. I always create myself as a manager, lately I've been starting with 0 badges, Sunday League, and working my way up. I'm tired of LLM right now though. So I'm hoping someone here can give me a challenge, or point me to something that they've tried that's working. I'm going to start a little journeyman save and see where it takes me in the meantime, or what I feel like, if it gives me some inspiration.

The German transfer bug sucks as well, as I kind of go to Germany as my default find a team and start save.
Try the Andorra challenge

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »