Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 01:24 AM   #553
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

Well I just finished my 1st season at Liverpool and boy was it a success....I managed to win the quadruple - Premiership, CL, CC, and FA Cups. Torres was my hero - 58 goals in 54 appearances.....top scorer in the league and CL.

I got a 135 million budget this summer and brought in Fazio, David Silva, and Giovinco. My team is loaded for next season:

GK: Reina/Fiorillo
DR: Santon/Johnson
DC: Fazio/Carragher
DC: Chiellini/Hobbs
DL: Bale/Mattock
DMC: Veloso/Alonso
AMC: Gerrard/Giovinco
MR: Young/Sanchez
ML: Silva/Babel
FC: Torres/Paloschi
FC: Aguero/Cristaldo

Rock solid team
Old 08-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #554
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor
Well I just finished my 1st season at Liverpool and boy was it a success....I managed to win the quadruple - Premiership, CL, CC, and FA Cups. Torres was my hero - 58 goals in 54 appearances.....top scorer in the league and CL.

I got a 135 million budget this summer and brought in Fazio, David Silva, and Giovinco. My team is loaded for next season:

GK: Reina/Fiorillo
DR: Santon/Johnson
DC: Fazio/Carragher
DC: Chiellini/Hobbs
DL: Bale/Mattock
DMC: Veloso/Alonso
AMC: Gerrard/Giovinco
MR: Young/Sanchez
ML: Silva/Babel
FC: Torres/Paloschi
FC: Aguero/Cristaldo

Rock solid team
At that point is the game even fun anymore?

We are the Union; Join or Die.
Sons of Ben 'til I die!

Don't Tread on Me
Old 08-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #555
Rookie

OVR: 8

Does anybody know where to go to find user created latest roster updates?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #556
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9

EXACTLY
Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #557
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

With a little over a month to go in the season, I'm (Spartak Moscow) currently lying in 1st place (18-2-2, with a +36 GD), 2 points clear of Zenit. I was on a 10 match winning streak until an unfortunate 3-3 draw with Rubin ended that run, although I still am unbeaten in 24(?) games, I believe. Basically, my attack has been unbelievable (57 G in 22 played), while my defense has been solid, but not overwhelmingly amazing (23 GA in 22). Vagner Love (ST) and Ricardinho (LB/LM) have been huge signings, each contributing ratings over 7.0 per game. However, the best player of the year has to be Alexandr Prudnikov who has contributed an amazing 31 goals in 36 games (22 in 22 in the RPD). Other than that, nothing too amazing has happened, although I did beat Lyon 2-1 away in the UEFA Cup Group Stages, so I currently am lying in first place, although I'm only 2 games in.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

I couldn't fit all of the game on one screen, but here's the majority of the games I've played to date...

Untitled3.jpg

Sons of Ben 'til I die!

Don't Tread on Me

Last edited by Tomasperez9; 08-04-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:29 AM   #558
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Went back to playing my Reading game after a layoff on my end. Not playing too bad right now. Pleased with 4th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ReadingNov152008.jpg (97.6 KB, 67 views)

Twitch Stream
Old 08-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #559
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9
Not really actually. It was however the best collection of talent assembled by me in a FM game. Having said that, I went back to my Juve save ad am having more fun developing that team and not focusing on spending.

I did finally start a Gunners save Am focusing on developing talent and restricting myself to only buying young players. Will keep you guys updated on how that goes
Old 08-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #560
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

So I won the RPD with Spartak clear of CSKA Moscow by 4 points. I advanced to the quarterfinals of the Rambler's Cup, which continues in April, 6 months after the 7th round. After another win over Lyon, I sealed a trip out of the group stages in the UEFA Cup with 2 games to play (I only have one left to play, but I qualified with 2 to play). I had Ronaldinho locked up to come to Spartak on a free transfer in the winter transfer market (starts on 12.15 in Russia, but 1.1 everywhere else which is somewhat annoying when trying to work out loans and such) on a 2-year contract for 89k p/w with a 4.5mil signing bonus and loads of incentives (we'd been going back and forth for several weeks and I finally succombed to his "lofty" demands); however, he suddenly decided to retire in a year and a half and now I cannot even make an offer for him as the "make an offer" button no longer is there. I've been going after the top Russian players (you're limited to having only 5 foreigners in your lineup at a time), so Arshavin, worth only 2.5m, was my premier target. Even though he has yet to appear for Barca in 2(!) seasons he refuses to come over to Moscow as it is a step in the wrong direction. Nikita Chicherin is on his way to Spartak Moscow though and seems to be a great up-and-comer. As for the non-Russian players, I've been seriously looking at Ever Banega who is transfer-listed with an asking price of a mere 2.75m, but I have a logjam at CM/DM and don't really want to upset my other 3 CMs (Kovac, Mangala, and Noboah) as they have done a damn fine job for club and country. Both me and Werder Bremen have had our offers accepted for AM RC Leandro Lima, although I'm almost 100% positive that I'll lose out to the more prestigous Werder. I need a new keeper to back up Irigoytia (37), but I can't really find a suitable replacement who's willing to take a 180 degree turn and come to Russia. Bigger than any signing, however, will be Quincy coming back from a season-ending injury last season only 6 games in. I got him back up to only "lacking match fitness" for the last league game, through Reserve games and 10-15 minute stints off of the bench in cup games, but has since gone all the way down again to terrible shape in the few short weeks from the end of the Russian season to the mid-December UEFA Cup matches. We'll see how everything pans out in a little while, but for now, all I can say was that it was a great season.

Sons of Ben 'til I die!

Don't Tread on Me

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »