Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-27-2016, 04:23 PM   #7809
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I'm a bit frustrated tonight as I was eager to DL the new data pack from sortitoutsi and much to my disappointment, when I got it loaded in--it made the load times in game incredibly long. Even starting the game up took considerably longer than normal. Any ideas/work arounds; as the wait times were so long it was pretty much useless
So it appears the data update ADDS a LOT of 'files' to the game? I don't understand, as I thought it would've just, 'replaced' the current data (i.e. Ibra listed on ManU as opposed to PSG). Apparently this isn't the case?

Frustrated and disappointed to say the least
Old 08-28-2016, 01:29 AM   #7810

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I realize I'm at a small club when we sell 277 Season tickets and I get genuinely excited because it means I can raise the wage budget a little bit.

Well it's been an interesting season, after 3 straight promotions with Whitehawk, we've outgrown everything at the club, we got taken over, and the new owner said he was willing to invest in the club, so we'll see how far he takes us with that. In the meantime, an unusual set of circumstances has led to the worst schedule imaginable...

Due to stadium requirements, we began construction on The Enclosed Ground in June, scheduled to finish in December. We went into a groundshare agreement with Crawley Town to use their stadium, this led to nearly all of my Saturday home fixtures to be re-scheduled as Sunday home fixtures, then in December, Crawley ends up going deeper in cups so my weekday game gets pushed back, then due to a waterlogged pitch we had two more games postponed, this led to a 25-day stretch in which I did not play a single game. It also leads to this January

If you can't see the image...
2/1 v Coventry
8/1 at Gillingham
12/1 v Swindon
19/1 at Colchester
22/1 v York
26/1 v Sunderland
29/1 v Oxford
2/2 at Luton

Good news is, they finished the construction at The Enclosed Ground, and now we can seat nearly 4,000!

Last edited by Suntan Superman; 08-28-2016 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:36 AM   #7811
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Anyone have any tips for a formation or defending against a side like Barcelona? I of course have them in the CL group stage.
I threw their style back in their face and pressed them, pressed them, and pressed some more.

I managed Getafe and got a 2-1 victory over them. Course at Camp Nou, they blew me out 7-0, so there's that risk as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 02:16 PM   #7812
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

For the first time in my FM career, I have done it! Took a team from League 2, and have brought them up the EPL!

AFC Wimbledon will be playing the likes of Man U, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, etc. next year!

Team played out of their minds this year, a lot of really god performances. I broke the club record transfer fee in signing an Argentinian goalie from Valencia, my scouts think he'll be a good keeper even at the EPL level. Also found a young Turkish striker in the German Second Division who ended up being my leading scorer, 19 goals in 33 apps.

The board has really upped my budget, I have a $27m transfer budget, and my wage budget is nearly doubling.

I have a couple players that I plan on offering extensions/raises to in my current squad, but I'm really excited to see what this extra money can do. Really going to look to bring in some veterans with EPL experience.

Now to try and stay up next year and rake in that EPL money! My youth and training facilities really need upgrading.

History so far with Wimbledon:
2015/16 - 13th, League 2
2016/17 - 3rd, League 2
2017/18 - 9th, League 1
2018/19 - 2nd, League 1
2019/20 - 14th, Championship
2020/21 - 15th, Championship
2021/22 - 11th, Championship
2022/23 - 2nd, Championship

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

Last edited by gopher_guy; 08-28-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:31 PM   #7813
MVP

Keano16's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow, big jump from 11th to 2nd, good going! Keep us updated on the transfers you make!
Old 08-28-2016, 05:55 PM   #7814

Suntan Superman's Arena

The **** you mean MY DECISION to let Kwesi Appiah go? I'm sorry, YOU decided the club needed the paltry sum of £135,000 instead of our LITERAL BEST PLAYER, and now MY job security is affected because of YOUR decision? Spineless **** of a Chairman blaming me for his sale. I PROTESTED THE ******* TRANSFER, I had NOTHING to do with Kwesi Appiah leaving the club.

/rant
Old 08-28-2016, 07:41 PM   #7815
Ice Cold

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Awesome job, gopherguy. Getting out of the Championship is no simple feat.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 09:10 PM   #7816

Suntan Superman's Arena

Went from Automatic Promotion to losing in the playoff final, surprisingly we struggled to put balls in the back of the net after OUR BEST PLAYER LEFT BECAUSE OF THE BOARD DECIDING TO ACCEPT A **** OFFER. ****. but I'm not bitter. I promise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »