Home

EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2024, 10:55 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020

I'm sure he is a very nice guy, but he just makes me feel nervous and on edge when I watch his videos lol.

I watch most of them because they are informative and he's obviously plugged in with EA, but man...I'm trying to get through a 7 minute video but I feel like I need to take a short walk and pound a couple of beers lol. This one in particular is just rapid fire intense. It's really unnerving.

I think he could use a walk and a couple of beers himself lol.

I had to stop it about halfway through. I just can't do it. It's just so abrasive.

Last edited by golfnut67; 04-02-2024 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:58 AM   #34
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
I'm sure he is a very nice guy, but he just makes me feel nervous and on edge when I watch his videos lol.

I watch most of them because they are informative and he's obviously plugged in with EA, but man...I'm trying to get through a 7 minute video but I feel like I need to take a short walk and pound a couple of beers lol. This one in particular is just rapid fire intense. It's really unnerving.

I think he could use a walk and a couple of beers himself lol.

I had to stop it about halfway through. I just can't do it. It's just so abrasive.
The Gamer Ability one is better anyway...it actually shows the game more.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:02 AM   #35
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Patch notes:

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-p...=1712069841420

2024 major host courses added, Augusta Par-3 Course added, and Jack Nicklaus added as a playable pro. There are now a total of 39 playable courses and 23 playable pro golfers.

Career mode has been updated to have the PGA Championship rotate every season between Valhalla, Oak Hill, and Southern Hills.

Career mode has been updated to rotate the U.S. Open every season between Pinehurst No. 2, The Los Angeles Country Club, and The Country Club.

The Open will now rotate in Career mode between Royal Troon, Royal Liverpool, and St Andrews.

All four of the new courses are now available to play in Quick Play and Private Match and will be featured in Online and Tournament playlist rotations as well. As previous Ryder Cup hosts, Pinehurst No. 2 and Valhalla have also been added to Ryder Cup formats in Quick Play, Online, and Private Match.

Jack Nicklaus is available to play in any format that supports playing with pro golfers.

Season 11 Pro Pass includes a wide variety of cosmetics in the premium tier including a selection of spring-themed apparel, Jack Nicklaus’ clubs, and one of his outfits. Completing Season 11 Pro Pass will earn you Jack Nicklaus’ '65 Masters Ball Spec in the free tier and the J.LINDEBERG “KV Tour - Azalea” outfit in the premium tier. Throughout the season you’ll earn tokens to level up your Pro Pass by completing live Quests and playing rounds in Online, Tournaments, and Career modes.

Challenges mode has been updated with two new challenge series. The “Drive Chip and Putt” challenges series offers a taste of what it feels like to compete in the famous junior golf competition. The “Jack Nicklaus” challenge series showcases the history of the Golden Bear, featuring some of the best rounds from his Major Championship victories, and a variety of other memorable moments from his legendary career.

New Store Items:

- Jack Nicklaus’ swing animation has been added to the Store rotation.
- Added a “Starter Bundle” which includes a set of rare specs and a currency pack.
- New items added to the store rotation including the TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, Scotty Cameron Circle T putters, and several new apparel items.

Some other UI stability fixes, too.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-02-2024 at 12:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 11:05 AM   #36
Pro

Indeed.

And I think it was scagwi that brought this up long ago...WHY do these guys have to keep a camera on them when they are doing these videos? Just make a quick introduction of yourself, ask people to subscribe, and then get your mug off of the screen.

I would feel that way even if it was a good looking woman doing these videos. Just remove your face and your "influencer identity" from what people are watching the video for.

Don't these people know that NOBODY looks good on a web cam/zoom thing? It's completely unflattering no matter the lighting, how good looking you may or may not be. Nobody looks their best on a web cam or in a selfie taken with a phone at arm's length from your face lol.

/opinion
Old 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM   #37
Pro

Pinehurst + Jack Nicklaus on this game is probably as authentic as I’ve seen a golf game look.

With the occasional glimpse of Robin Williams in the cut scenes of Jack & the hair looking a little like something out of Rise of the Footsoldier that aside it looks really quite impressive. I just want better cameras & improved gameplay to accompany the visuals.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:21 AM   #38
Pro

MAB, (or anyone), how does one edit the clothing or clubs for an AI Pro? I've never done it and don't see a way to do it.

I realize with Jack stuff has to be earned through Pro Pass or purchased, but I've never been aware of how to edit anything about the appearance or equipment of an AI pro?
Old 04-02-2024, 11:21 AM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
Pinehurst + Jack Nicklaus on this game is probably as authentic as I’ve seen a golf game look.

With the occasional glimpse of Robin Williams in the cut scenes of Jack & the hair looking a little like something out of Rise of the Footsoldier that aside it looks really quite impressive. I just want better cameras & improved gameplay to accompany the visuals.
Pinehurst with Jack is next. I played with him at Troon. Very very well done.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:24 AM   #40
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
MAB, (or anyone), how does one edit the clothing or clubs for an AI Pro? I've never done it and don't see a way to do it.

I realize with Jack stuff has to be earned through Pro Pass or purchased, but I've never been aware of how to edit anything about the appearance or equipment of an AI pro?
There's the menu under the pro when you are looking at the round settings before the match. Hit A/X on that (by their name) and you should get the option to choose their outfit. Don't think you can change their gear/equipment.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-02-2024 at 11:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »