Home

AI scoring levels?

This is a discussion on AI scoring levels? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
AI scoring levels?

So for those who have dug into career mode, what seems to be the range for the different AI Scoring levels? Hoping for some randomness at each level, as it can definitely vary wildly week to week on the real tour.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: AI scoring levels?

I haven't had much experience yet, but I just completed my first Masters on Tour Pro difficulty. Padraig Harrington won with -8 over Jim Furyk and Tiger Woods with -7. I was -1 going into Sunday and made a couple of dumb shots and finished +4. Having the Masters in the game is incredible. I am already excited to rush through a season of career mode to build my golfer's skills and put together a competitive score for Augusta next season.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:58 AM   #3
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970
So for those who have dug into career mode, what seems to be the range for the different AI Scoring levels? Hoping for some randomness at each level, as it can definitely vary wildly week to week on the real tour.
Using "low" scoring levels, the AI posted rounds between -3 and -8 in the Amateur Tour and Nationwide Tour levels.

In my first PGA Tour round, the leader shot -8.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
Rookie

GivenWings's Arena

OVR: 7

Glad that there's a thread regarding this tweaking aspect of the game.

I played my first Career Mode round on "normal" and the scores were just horrendous. I posted a -5 and won the tournament, and the runner-up posted +5. So I definitely went to the options menu and changed the AI scoring to "low" which has guys posting scores of -1 to -2 in comparison to my -5 for the round.

I'm thinking I'll have to go one step lower to "very low", but I don't want to get ahead of myself since I'm only on my first event of the Nationwide Tour. Hopefully the PGA Tour will put up some more competitive scores.

Thanks for the replies and opinions guys; great thread.

By the way, I almost always play on the "Pro" difficulty level.

Jonathan
Old 03-31-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenWings
Glad that there's a thread regarding this tweaking aspect of the game.

I played my first Career Mode round on "normal" and the scores were just horrendous. I posted a -5 and won the tournament, and the runner-up posted +5. So I definitely went to the options menu and changed the AI scoring to "low" which has guys posting scores of -1 to -2 in comparison to my -5 for the round.

I'm thinking I'll have to go one step lower to "very low", but I don't want to get ahead of myself since I'm only on my first event of the Nationwide Tour. Hopefully the PGA Tour will put up some more competitive scores.

Thanks for the replies and opinions guys; great thread.

By the way, I almost always play on the "Pro" difficulty level.

Jonathan
PGA "normal" scores are definitely lower that NW "normal". PGA leaderboards are around 4-5 under per round. Didn't see many stringing together 4-5 under rounds though so the 2 round totals usually ended up 5-6 under.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

I've seen a few people here mention scoring sliders, are there actually sliders somewhere in the game or just the option to pick normal, low , very low etc?
Old 03-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #7
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
I've seen a few people here mention scoring sliders, are there actually sliders somewhere in the game or just the option to pick normal, low , very low etc?
There is just an option under the Game Options that allows you to change AI scoring from Normal to Low, Very Low, Extremely Low and Insane.

And an update...Using "Low" score settings, the winner in my first PGA Tour event finished with a four-round total of -30. I am setting the AI scoring level back to "Normal" to bring the scores up a bit.

The next event was a DLC event that I had to skip. The simmed winner tallied a final score of -15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »