Home

Tiger Woods Shares Cover with Arnold Palmer in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods Shares Cover with Arnold Palmer in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #41
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Tiger Woods Shares Cover with Arnold Palmer in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Who said there was an 80+ year old market? I didn't. The Legends is for ALL Golf fans regardless of age. It is hard to have an interest in Golf without knowing something about or have an interest in the Legends......The last time the Legends were in the game, the game sold very well. There are quite a few features they have added that I can't talk about yet that make the Legends interesting to the hardcore offline and online user. EA also has a great deal of feedback from users of ALL ages asking for the Legends to return to the game.....you want to make something out of this that it isn't, go right ahead.
You're taking this way too ****ing seriously. Seriously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #42
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
You're taking this way too ****ing seriously. Seriously.
Or maybe you are... he is simply stating why legends are back. I'm 20 and I know who Sam Sneed is, Palmer, Nicklaus, Hogan, Jones, Watson, etc. You don't need to be 80 to know who they are or what they have done for the game of golf.

I think you're then one who is taking this to seriously.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #43
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Let me rephrase Divot. Sorry, but was just making a joke.... I know sometimes things get lost in translation on a forum, text, etc. Still. Sometimes other people feel the need to jump in on a 2 person interchange. I have women at work who do that all the time.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #44
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8iron
You clearly didn't play 13 and probably not an EA game for a while. TW13 was a terrific game that I poured hours into and still play regularly. Tournaments are still seeing plenty of activity. There were some bugs and some things left out or taken out that I wish were in, but the game was solid, a big step forward over 12 which was very good itself, and by far the best iteration of TW in the swing stick era. I also really like Madden, FIFA, NHL and while I haven't bought NCAA football in a while, I play 11 occasionally still as well. And Fight Night...and....
Clearly 13 is sitting on the shelf in front of me collecting dust.

A few bugs...you mean, like where half of your approach shots that land near a tree or water or bunker edge or ant hill will magically reappear yards away in a clear flat green space - or worse are counted as a penalty drop ball - because EA can't get an animation to work when the player is forced into any odd stance. Yeah, just little bugs like that.

Of course..you can't expect EA to have the animations perfect considering how 'new' the TW engine is and all the other things they have to focus on .... like cover boys and sound tracks.

I stopped playing because 13 was flat out boring to me. With a lack of decent physics, the only way EA could figure out how to make this homogenized eye candy minimally challenging was to make you play by feel and in a wind storm... and even then it is pretty easy to score under par. Its about zero fun to play in a tornado every time. Maybe instead of spending money on marketing cover boys they could pay someone who knows how to program a challenging and fun physics engine.

I stopped buying Madden a couple years ago for the similar reasons and this year I switched from FIFA to PES. EA spends their money to attract your eyes and wallet only.

For me, longevity does not come from a mindless grind for new and worthless trinkets - no matter how pretty. Call me old fashion, but a games ability to always be a challenge is what keeps me coming back. Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you. It is that uncertainty - that challenge - that has been market researched out of EA games for fear of turning some least common denominator away. No true varied degree of difficulty in EA games...just varied degrees of AI cheat.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Clearly 13 is sitting on the shelf in front of me collecting dust.

A few bugs...you mean, like where half of your approach shots that land near a tree or water or bunker edge or ant hill will magically reappear yards away in a clear flat green space - or worse are counted as a penalty drop ball - because EA can't get an animation to work when the player is forced into any odd stance. Yeah, just little bugs like that.

Of course..you can't expect EA to have the animations perfect considering how 'new' the TW engine is and all the other things they have to focus on .... like cover boys and sound tracks.
To be blunt, the animation system in TW13 was brand new and was needed with the new TSC swing mechanic. Putting new code into a heavily modified existing code brings about all sorts of fun things like the issue described above. Should it have been released in that state? No. That being said, I never experienced anywhere near the frequency you claim you experienced, but I'll take your word for it. At the end of the day, it was a very annoying issue and I can't blame anyone for complaining about it.

However, I can report that the vast majority of these issues have been fixed with rare exceptions based on my 4 days with the game. With another 7 weeks or so of bug fixing and polish, they hope to have this issue resolved completely in TW14....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #46
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I definitely thought 13 was an attractive game. With a few improvements I definitely think it has the potential to play nice and clean for 14.

As mentioned above that's not the most fundamental issues facing the series. The game isn't fun and doesn't have a really high replay value. I know most of us who love golf will surely spend a few weeks to a few months playing but after that the game grows woefully stale. I couldn't even begin to tell you how to make a game like golf more fun but there's certainly a need for a significant overall here.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #47
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

The problem with all of these sports games is they all locked themselves into being released too early by attaching the year to the version name. Now customers expect a release every year despite all of the bugs. So every sports game every year gets tons of complaints.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
The problem with all of these sports games is they all locked themselves into being released too early by attaching the year to the version name. Now customers expect a release every year despite all of the bugs. So every sports game every year gets tons of complaints.
It is a Catch-22 situation due to licensing. Virtually all the licensing agreements require a new version to be released every year. EA nor any other sports game publisher wants to create a new version without new features, so they are under the gun regardless and this is going to be an issue from now on unless there are changes negotiated in licensing agreements to address this. It is not an excuse, but a reality and some would say a "curse".....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »