Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

The tournament speed greens are slower than TW13? That certainly is troubling. The green speeds were perfect on TW12 in my opinion (heck, even the Augusta greens keepers said that were very true to the real course).
Old 03-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
yea this year the putt length is contingent on the aiming marker, not the length of the swing, last year you could really blaze one by with too big of a swing like real life, this year they nerfed that it is way less and penal this year, also it is way less realistic unfortunately
Not entirely, as putting tempo and putterhead speed do impact your results as I have blown a few by the hole significantly....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #91
Pro

OVR: 6

yep you can run one by but again its not nearly as penal as last year, thusly its not nearly as gratifying for getting the speed right either , probably people complaining that putting was too touchy last year, i personally found it gratifying for placing the proper stroke on the putt , is what it is i guess
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 7
how are the ball physics?? also are the sounds when hittting crisp iron shots improved?? in the past it sounded clunky... Hopefully actual divots will be taken when hitting irons. i really want to buy this game but im on the fence.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #93
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootah66
how are the ball physics?? also are the sounds when hittting crisp iron shots improved?? in the past it sounded clunky... Hopefully actual divots will be taken when hitting irons. i really want to buy this game but im on the fence.
No offense man but who cares about divots? That's such a small detail..... yes we have it in real life but honestly as soon as you hit the ball, you're watching your ball instead of looking at the ground for a divot....
Old 03-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 3

When playing on simulation, the overall feel is terrible. Presentation is terrible in Quickplay. The cameras are just terrible. Driving the ball feels disjointed. Putting is easy, you don't get a good view of what you are doing.

I like zoom to aim being off, but I want to be able to zoom to a good overhead view like TrueAim did in TW 11 that shows you yardage markers and where hazards are. Then, after getting a lay of the land, aiming from the same view they use in TW 14. So yeah, making me hit blind makes it harder, but it doesn't make it interesting.

So I dropped to Tour Pro, and got yardage markers back, but I don't like that to get them back I have to enable zoom to aim. And yeah, I could house rule it to get what I want, but that is clunky. But it makes it impossible to set up setting for a CC that represent the kind of balance in information and challenge that woud make the game better.

Overall, the game is not terrible, but the lackluster cameras and dorked Sim mode means this is not a full price game for me. I imagine
i will pick it up at some point. I may also just go back to TW 11.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #95
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Things I would change:

Yardage marks
Green speed
Making your backswing (putting AND with irons, wedges, etc) dependent on user input, NOT the aiming marker.

If you think about it, the backswing thing sucks with SIM difficulty because you can't see where your aiming, which I have no problem with. If it was my game, I would make it so there is an arrow displaying the direction you're going to hit the ball at, and you have to judge the backswing yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 24

Has anybody gotten deep into career mode yet? I'm asking this because there is one poster on the EA boards who has played 2 tourneys in his first PGA season and has had the following occur.

1. 1st tourney, his CAG finished at -10 and Mickelson finished at -12 and his CAG was declared the winner of the tourney.

2. 2nd tourney, he ends up at -14 but Bradley, who was the 3rd round leader, is on the 5th or 6th hole at -14. As soon as his CAG finished up his final putt to be -14, the game directly goes to a playoff even though Bradley wasn't suppose to be finished yet and no simming to the final 4th round scores had occurred.

His CAG plays 2 playoff holes and apparently wins but no indication is ever given about how Bradley did on the playoff holes. Once the playoff was finished, the game goes back in time and starts simulating the 4th round and Bradley's score shows -16 at the end of the 4th round and he is awarded the win. It's as if the playoff never happened and it shouldn't have happened in the 1st place anyways because Bradley's score was -16 to begun with.

Career mode appears to be a big mess so you may have to expect the worst if nonsensical things start happening if you're near the top of the leaderboard. Its obvious things were not tested properly ......yet again. It's just unbelievable a game gets released in this condition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »