Home

The Golf Club Closed Beta Impressions (Q&A Inside)

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Closed Beta Impressions (Q&A Inside) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #41
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Golf Club Closed Beta Impressions (Q&A Inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I don't think they tweaked anything yet - I am starting to hit my drives in the rough a bit more as I increase my power, by it still needs to be harder.
What do you mean by "increase my power"? I didn't think they had skills to build up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #42
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
What do you mean by "increase my power"? I didn't think they had skills to build up.
There is no skill build up, correct. What I meant was as I pulled back on the stick and pushed forward harder. You can pull back and push forward to swing at a normal pace and hit at or close to 100% power. If you want to exceed 100% it needs to be aggressive and fluid - that's what I meant.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #43
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

honestly, I thought I was excited when TW finally got the Official Masters at Augusta...

this has me really excited, it is raw in areas probably lacking in some areas like sponsorships etc but to have a robust course creator and removal of the crazy aspects of RPG skill trees(ie a blue mohawked guy in a spacesuit that can drive the ball 350 yards into a 15 mph wind...) is so refreshing.

that was my problem with TW, the courses while difficult at default levels on tournament mode were a breeze because hazards rarely came into play if ever. now you can design a course where a hazard that is intended to force a player into a big decision(go for it or lay up) now is always in play.

quick question though: in the editor how drastic of elevation changes can you make? ie can you make an elevation change of 100+ feet on say a par 3? (one of my old favorite courses had a par 3 that was about 80+ feet downhill, it was 220 from the mens tees but played like 200)
Old 02-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #44
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
honestly, I thought I was excited when TW finally got the Official Masters at Augusta...

this has me really excited, it is raw in areas probably lacking in some areas like sponsorships etc but to have a robust course creator and removal of the crazy aspects of RPG skill trees(ie a blue mohawked guy in a spacesuit that can drive the ball 350 yards into a 15 mph wind...) is so refreshing.

that was my problem with TW, the courses while difficult at default levels on tournament mode were a breeze because hazards rarely came into play if ever. now you can design a course where a hazard that is intended to force a player into a big decision(go for it or lay up) now is always in play.

quick question though: in the editor how drastic of elevation changes can you make? ie can you make an elevation change of 100+ feet on say a par 3? (one of my old favorite courses had a par 3 that was about 80+ feet downhill, it was 220 from the mens tees but played like 200)
This will give you an Idea of how high you can go. I quickly created this tee box for you, and yes those are trees way down below.

NOTE - I could have gone much higher

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 02-28-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #45
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
This will give you an Idea of how high you can go. I quickly created this tee box for you, and yes those are trees way down below.

NOTE - I could have gone much higher

yep... IN...

thanks BG34, that pretty much seals the deal in my want for creativity with the course creator. that much freedom in height is funny but great to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #46
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
yep... IN...

thanks BG34, that pretty much seals the deal in my want for creativity with the course creator. that much freedom in height is funny but great to see.
Not a problem Speed -
Old 02-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #47
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Thanks for the vids, Bob! Very helpful to see it at this stage.

I LOVE the sound effects/ball striking. Much better than TW...or at least different because I've heard that game for so many years now LOL.

Watching you play....wow. Really takes me back in a good way to Links386, but the new version of it; a next-gen Links game.

I liked some of the variations of the camera following the ball and coming in from the side to the rear for your shot.

The commentary works for me....again, very much in the same style as a classic Links game.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 02-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #48
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Thanks for the vids, Bob! Very helpful to see it at this stage.

I LOVE the sound effects/ball striking. Much better than TW...or at least different because I've heard that game for so many years now LOL.

Watching you play....wow. Really takes me back in a good way to Links386, but the new version of it; a next-gen Links game.

I liked some of the variations of the camera following the ball and coming in from the side to the rear for your shot.

The commentary works for me....again, very much in the same style as a classic Links game.
Happy to do it Dan - and plan on updating this thread throughout the whole closed beta as updates happen in game. Seeing as how I am am playing Links right now, I would agree that it does have that feel to it a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »