Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #33
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
What most of you are unaware of, EVERYTHING to do with the PGA TOUR with any sort of brand name has a licensing fee associated with it. There is a licensing fee for using the name US Open, The Open, PGA Championship, and The Masters. The cost of many of these "names" and "brands" are extremely high so keep that in mind when comparing a licensed PGA TOUR Golf game with a non-licensed Golf game.
I think people are well aware of that. NCAA football managed to get just about every single bowl game, university, and stadium in their game, which is essentially the same licensing feat. It may not be worth the money to pay off John Deere or Northern Trust or whatever for their license, but the majors seem like a huge omission, and it's not like there are other bidders driving the price of those licenses up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm a TGC apologist, yet somehow I've managed to avoid posting in this thread On topic though, the lack of Augusta National in RM PGA Tour will have no bearing on whether I buy, or don't buy the game. I have EA Access on the XB1, so I'll get a good shot at the game early on. I'm sure there will be many top drawer courses included with the game.

What I'm concerned about it is: will there be an interface option that I find challenging and intuitive, will the gameplay faithfully deliver the physics of golf, and finally... will there be a presentation option that stays with the golfer for the first 75 to 80% of the shot, before switching to a reverse angle view, ala Perfect Golf on the PC? Tiger Woods 14's presentation options were the worst of the series.
Agree with all of this; the lack of Augusta is certainly not a plus, but if that's the worst thing about the game, I'd say we're doing okay. It's the second part of your comment that is the most important (and frankly, the most likely to disappoint....).
Old 04-18-2015, 08:54 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National

As much as I like watching The Masters on TV, Augusta National has never been my favorite to play as a golf game going back to the PGA99/2000 series when there was an outstanding rendition done by one of the community designers. One of my favorites in the PGA series was the title course Sahalee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »