Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2015, 01:35 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTKombat
Guess it depends on what is more important to you. I've logged over 150 hours on TGC on my pc and while it's a good game of golf and cheaper, I always felt very lonely. It's more like playing a round at your local course by yourself. While Rmpga is definitely overpriced for what you get, I really enjoy the crowd interaction and the pga style presentation of it all. IMO, Rmpga is more of a pro golf experience where TGC is more of a hometown feel. If I could put TGC's overall control into ea's game engine with all the main pga courses and a full blown character creator, I'd never leave home!
What about the season mode? Is it included with the digital version on PS4?
Old 07-14-2015, 01:50 PM   #58
Rookie

I was wondering if someone can please post there impressions of 3-click on hardest difficulty. I want to know if you can actually spray the ball left and right or is tee to green pretty easy, thanks.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:52 PM   #59
Rookie

VTKombat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblake78
What about the season mode? Is it included with the digital version on PS4?
If you mean the "tour pro" mode, than yes. It's a career oriented mode, albeit a little stripped. Still fun though. I saw someone post on another thread that each season is 16 rounds with the 8 courses (9 if you preordered) repeating themselves. Not the greatest but enough to keep me entertained till more courses come out.

In the end, it's all about value to you and only you. I can spend more than 60 bucks on a night out with the wife and while Rmpga is lacking. I'm sure when I equate dollars to hours of entertainment, it works out as a fair deal.

twitch.tv/zer0ryd3r
Old 07-14-2015, 01:52 PM   #60
Just started!

Hey guys-first time poster but have used this site for many years now. I have a question regarding course speed...I have changed the settings to tournament conditions yet I still fill like the ball is not rolling properly. Anyone else feel like this? For example, I hit a bad approach shot on a green with a good amount of elevation...the ball IMO should have rolled off the green due to the undulation but it doesnt....Also when I play a Links course I like to hit low punch shots to try and make it more realistic. However, the ball just bounces a few times and then stops. Anybody out there figure out how to deal with this?
Old 07-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #61
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
Commentary gets old quick, which I was surprised about, but the hole analysis is good.
I had to completely turn off the commentary after the 'mandatory 18 holes before you can do anything' round. They just do not shut up!

I'm enjoying the game so far, although I do agree with most of the impressions posted here. My putting is horrible and I currently live on the front edge of every green. It was kind of fun to go into the night games for a few minutes, but it got old pretty quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 02:14 PM   #62
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm obviously disappointed at the lack of content for this game, but after reading the impressions, I can tell that my 7-year old son and I will have plenty of fun with this one. I've never been as good at these golf games as most, so I'm not real worried about shooting crazy good scores every round. I'm also putting some faith in EA Sports to release occasional DLC courses to freshen things up a bit. As long as the 9 real courses and a couple of the fantasy courses are in career mode, that will keep things a little fresh at least.

I'm looking forward to picking this up tomorrow morning, and I hope I don't regret it. I'm sure I'll get plenty out of it though, and if not, it'll be going back to Gamestop in a month or so. Haha.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeandrew
TGC is not as accessible and is quite difficult but I can imagine it being very rewarding if you get the hang of it.
TGC is one of the easiest Golf games I have ever played. No challenge tee to green and if it were not for a bug in the putting engine, I would be averaging 12-14 under in every round. Just goes to show that there are different levels of ability and different tastes in Golf games. TGC is a really good game at what it does. RM is lacking content and polish you would expect from a $60 game.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
TGC is one of the easiest Golf games I have ever played. No challenge tee to green and if it were not for a bug in the putting engine, I would be averaging 12-14 under in every round. Just goes to show that there are different levels of ability and different tastes in Golf games. TGC is a really good game at what it does. RM is lacking content and polish you would expect from a $60 game.
If you had to choose one or the other, which one?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »