Home

TGC course builder question

This is a discussion on TGC course builder question within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
TGC course builder question

So I've just stumbled upon this game and freaking love it. I can't believe it took this long to find.

My question: Once you publish a course, is it still possible to edit? Or is it locked at that point?

Many thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TGC course builder question

The course is locked as is. You can edit the course/change the name/etc. but it creates a new course.

EXAMPLE: I will create a course then edit the course 3 times with different pin positions and weather and add pin2 or pin3 after the course name.

It sucks you cant just do all this in 1 course creation but regardless it will create 3 courses. So be careful to not submit the course until your sure.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Vol
So I've just stumbled upon this game and freaking love it. I can't believe it took this long to find.

My question: Once you publish a course, is it still possible to edit? Or is it locked at that point?

Many thanks!
Apologies for going slightly off topic. But you've brought up a great point.
Where did you finally find out about the game?
And how could we have got your attention sooner?

I'm constantly finding people who haven't heard of it, as we're wondering how to reach those guys.
thanks for the help.

Anthony
Old 01-08-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbearlover
The course is locked as is. You can edit the course/change the name/etc. but it creates a new course.

EXAMPLE: I will create a course then edit the course 3 times with different pin positions and weather and add pin2 or pin3 after the course name.

It sucks you cant just do all this in 1 course creation but regardless it will create 3 courses. So be careful to not submit the course until your sure.

Thank you for the reply
Old 01-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
Apologies for going slightly off topic. But you've brought up a great point.
Where did you finally find out about the game?
And how could we have got your attention sooner?

I'm constantly finding people who haven't heard of it, as we're wondering how to reach those guys.
thanks for the help.

Anthony

Hi Anthony. Well, I pretty much gave up gaming for a while with the lone exception being a long running dynasty in ncaa football on the xbox360. My wife, who says I'm impossible to shop for, bought me a ps4 out of the blue for Christmas.

I poked around for some different games to get started, and I used to love golf video games. I read some disappointing things about Rory, and the more I read about TGC, the more I was intrigued. What a good purchase! Thanks for making such a great game. The course builder is what I imagine a crack cocaine addiction to be like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 05:03 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Welcome to TGC! I'm not at all a golfer IRL but enjoy a casual "stroll" on the virtual golf course from time to time. Like you, I had heard some great things about TGC here on OS and thought I'd give it a try. While I'm not creative enough to design courses, I LOVE the concept of playing other users' created content in just about any game. It basically makes for an unlimited game life. I know that any time I pop the game in, I can play a course that I've never seen before.

And I heard AWESOME things about their post-release support. I think Anthony's presence and responses here demonstrate that plenty.

Finally, if you want some good playing "crack", I'd recommend TGCTours.com membership. It's free and they set up tours for all different play levels with the opportunity to move up (and down, if necessary) as you progress. Even if you don't want to play their tours, they do a GREAT job of curating their course list so you can find some really cool ones.

Anthony, one thing I recently estimated out...
Based on the created courses on tgctours.com, if you take the yardage of each course and lay it end to end, it would stretch from New York to LA and back. And that's just the courses that they list and using a low-ball assumption of 7000 yds/course. Maybe there's something to that thought that you could use in marketing the game and the community courses? I'm sure there are a ton more out there than what they have listed so maybe it could circle the globe or stretch to the moon or something. Just seems like a lot of your biggest fans value the ability to play created content far above any official licensing or progression system. Maybe use that in your marketing efforts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »