Home

The Golf Club 2 Features Trailer & Interview with Producer Shaun West

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 Features Trailer & Interview with Producer Shaun West within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #41
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Golf Club 2 Features Trailer & Interview with Producer Shaun West

Really looking forward to it. Improvements in game play is my primary interest but I'm sure the graphics will be better as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2017, 01:38 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
Screenshot showing how little the game has improved from TGC.

https://twitter.com/thegolfclubgame/...15059322667016
Screenshot does not do the visuals or game justice.....that is all I can say at this point.

Stay tuned.....once NDA is released, we can discuss in detail if you like.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-12-2017, 02:05 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: The Golf Club 2 Features Trailer & Interview with Producer Shaun West

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Screenshot does not do the visuals or game justice.....that is all I can say at this point.

Stay tuned.....once NDA is released, we can discuss in detail if you like.
Yeah that would be good Divot......thanks.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:41 AM   #44
Rookie

As a beta tester myself, I too can relate to what divot said. Be patient, it will be worth it.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, I don't mind axes to grind on the first TGC, but no need to sharpen it at this stage on TG2 if we haven't seen everything, yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 06:01 AM   #46
Rookie

I just don't understand that attitude RIFRIG.
We created a damn fine golf game in TGC. We were well aware that it didn't have every option in the world but it had the ability to create every course. Something that had been lacking in the genre.
We had the balls to go toe to toe with the big boys and the ability to put out the game on all platforms and we had moderate success.
TGC2 is the next step - graphically it's miles better. You can see that with your eyes from the screenshot hb released.
And the only thing you seem to be focusing on is the transition between grass types. Which 99% of people including reviewers won't notice.

I know I'm not working at HB anymore or on the game but I can tell you that what was there when I left at Christmas was a huge stride forward in terms of game play and visuals over TGC. As well as huge improvements in the designer.

I just don't understand why you'd want to cut it down before you've even got your hands on it. As a developer it's tiring reading stuff like this when you put your heart and soul into something for 2 years for 16hrs a day. It's one of the reasons I decided to take a break from making games.

If the games not for you that's fine, you can even make valid pros and cons in an argument as to why and the developers are highly likely to listen.
But it's a genre of games that you love and instead of championing the small guys that decided to shake things up a bit you are taking pot shots at one screenshot.

So my point is if everyone that loves golf games works together we'll get 2 or 3 on the market. If we keep trying to belittle every effort the genre will become the desert that is the tennis genre and no one wants that

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited by AnthonyKyne; 03-16-2017 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Wanted to add more
Old 03-16-2017, 10:11 AM   #47
Pro

All good points in your post Anthony but having not played the game like yourself & others I cannot see an improvement over TGC other than the golfer & the lighting in that screenshot.
I have to call it as I see it but if you tell me that other visual improvements have been made I will take your word for it.
Just remember yourself & the beta testers have seen behind that screenshot so therefore can have a more informed opinion of the visual quality.
The publisher being so light with information isn't helping the survival of video game golf,HB studios did a better job of promoting the game themselves.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #48
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
All good points in your post Anthony but having not played the game like yourself & others I cannot see an improvement over TGC other than the golfer & the lighting in that screenshot.
I have to call it as I see it but if you tell me that other visual improvements have been made I will take your word for it.
Just remember yourself & the beta testers have seen behind that screenshot so therefore can have a more informed opinion of the visual quality.
The publisher being so light with information isn't helping the survival of video game golf,HB studios did a better job of promoting the game themselves.
He either made valid points or he didn't. But you can't say he made a valid point, then go back to the same argument that in 1 single screenshot you have decided the game isn't an upgrade. That's ridiculous and it doesn't matter if every single person on the planet has seen the full game in all its glory and you haven't. You are still making a judgement on ONE screenshot. Who does that?

Call it as you see it, but don't get upset when someone calls you out on the ridiculousness of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »