Home

The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trailer

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trailer within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #25
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
Can't see HB studios optimising for Scorpio or PS4 Pro........it will be considered an unfair advantage for Tours/Tournaments etc.
If HBS will code the PS4 and XB1 versions so as to allow the Scorpio and PS4 Pro to offer an enhanced experience, including boosted frame rate performance. They're in competition for the gaming dollars against other games, not just other golf games in some cases. They'll need to do something to entice the Scorpio or PS4 Pro owners to buy TGC 2, when developers of other games are going to be offering enhanced, performance boosted experiences in their products.

I have a better than average gaming PC and I can play The Golf Club at 50 FPS, with some pretty detailed graphics settings. Before I upgraded my PC, I was playing it at 28 to 34 FPS, and it is true, I play better at 50 FPS than I do at 30, but that's the nature of the beast in the PC gaming world. I didn't begrudge the guys where were playing The Golf Club at 50 to 60 FPS on their PC's, while I was wallowing along at 30... I envied them and did something about it.

I think we're seeing the early stages of the same hardware performance level within this generations consoles, with their new strategy of maintaining compatibility with their latest standard, while offering something extra to those who are willing to pay a premium. I’m 90% positive I’ll be buying a Scorpio when they hit to market, but that 90% would escalate to 100% if I was to learn that the Xbox One version of TGC 2 will have access to native 2160p graphics, even though they could only be accessed and utilized by the Scorpio.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 04-29-2017 at 04:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 08:52 PM   #26
Rookie

elguapo79's Arena

OVR: 3
Anyone interested in this game would probably get even more fun from it by checking out TGCTours.com.

It's a very well run "tour" for players of all abilities.

I played a lot of TGC last year primarily because of TGCTours. I stopped about a year ago when I didn't have the time -- not sure their plans with TGC2.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:51 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I HBS will code the PS4 and XB1 versions so as to allow the Scorpio and PS4 Pro to offer an enhanced experience, including boosted frame rate performance. They're in competition for the gaming dollars against other games, not just other golf games in some cases. They'll need to do something to entice the Scorpio or PS4 Pro owners to buy TGC 2, when developers of other games are going to be offering enhanced, performance boosted experiences in their products.

I have a better than average gaming PC and I can play The Golf Club at 50 FPS, with some pretty detailed graphics settings. Before I upgraded my PC, I was playing it at 28 to 34 FPS, and it is true, I play better at 50 FPS than I do at 30, but that's the nature of the beast in the PC gaming world. I didn't begrudge the guys where were playing The Golf Club at 50 to 60 FPS on their PC's, while I was wallowing along at 30... I envied them and did something about it.

I think we're seeing the early stages of the same hardware performance level within this generations consoles, with their new strategy of maintaining compatibility with their latest standard, while offering something extra to those who are willing to pay a premium. I’m 90% positive I’ll be buying a Scorpio when they hit to market, but that 90% would escalate to 100% if I was to learn that the Xbox One version of TGC 2 will have access to native 2160p graphics, even though they could only be accessed and utilized by the Scorpio.
I've seen a lot of discussion about Scorpio & it's ability to improve titles that are not developer enhanced.
I'm not sure it will boost resolution to native 4K & improve framerate on the fly.
Find out more in June at E3.....
Old 04-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by elguapo79
Anyone interested in this game would probably get even more fun from it by checking out TGCTours.com.

It's a very well run "tour" for players of all abilities.

I played a lot of TGC last year primarily because of TGCTours. I stopped about a year ago when I didn't have the time -- not sure their plans with TGC2.
Shameless plug, I'm the admin/founder of the True Sim Tour (no grids, etc), and we are in Week 30 of Season 2. Feel free to join: http://www.tgctours.com/Tour/Tournam...=5&season=2017
Old 04-30-2017, 09:30 PM   #29
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

I will be grabbing this game for sure, even though I couldn't play more than two or three rounds in a row of TGC1 due to its repetitive nature and unrealistic shots into the green.

However, I'm very willing to support a studio that is trying it's best to give us a fun and somewhat realistic take on one of my favourite sports. Issues aside, I got more than my money's worth from TGC1. I do hope there are PS4 Pro and Scorpio enhancements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2017, 01:37 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I couldn't play more than two or three rounds in a row of TGC1 due to its repetitive nature and unrealistic shots into the green.
Me either. I sincerely hope this was majorly addressed in this new game.
It would be a true sadness after all this time and their efforts if the core gameplay was essentially just as repetitive and long term unplayable as TGC v1.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Me either. I sincerely hope this was majorly addressed in this new game.
It would be a true sadness after all this time and their efforts if the core gameplay was essentially just as repetitive and long term unplayable as TGC v1.
Without breaking NDA....

IMO, you have nothing to worry about.

Can go into details once NDA is lifted.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Without breaking NDA....

IMO, you have nothing to worry about.

Can go into details once NDA is lifted.
This is good to note because I remember DM wasn't a happy camper with last years version, especially the easiness of reaching the fairway with every drive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »