Home

OS Golf Society (Xbox) TGC2

This is a discussion on OS Golf Society (Xbox) TGC2 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #81
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: OS Golf Society (Xbox) TGC2

Nice stress-free course to finish the season. Sitting at -8, two shots behind sweezyswag. I keep coming up just short. Looking forward to season 2.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2017, 12:55 PM   #82
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0

Shot -5 in my practice and couldn't make a medium range putt to save my life, I missed 5 at least. Should be able to get my round in tonight. Nice job sweazy and greene
Old 07-25-2017, 01:08 PM   #83
Rookie

This was a fun season. Had a good mix of courses. Looking forward to next season. For as great as my score was at Yuma...I could have done a little better. I made par on all 3 of the par 5 holes...I shouldn't complain though, I threw darts at almost every par 4 flag. -7 under on the front and -3 under on the back.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:38 PM   #84
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Gave it my best try fellas, game is just not for me, not fun, and cannot putt at all. always hits green, many times close to flag, and it just rolls past hole 20+ feet. Goodluck to all.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Sports Franchises:
Madden 17 - Falcons
FIFA 17 - Everton
NBA 2K16 - Hawks
TGC2 - OS Golf Society
Old 07-25-2017, 07:43 PM   #85
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

OS Golf Society News...

The end of the first season is almost upon us... Sweezyswag74 and ForeverYoung are in a battle for season Champion.

A few more donations came into the society to get us to Level 4 and now we have a new Clubhouse (I did not like the level 3 clubhouse at all !)

Some things that are in the mix (and open for discussion) for season Two

* Number of Events: I like 5 Event seasons, keeps it short and simple. Still do not see a benefit of having a Major Event in an Online Society (You have to have 11 events to name one a Major)

* Rounds per Event: I am liking single round events. I do get bored playing multiple times in a row on the same courses. (Especially if I dont like them, it's torture). I would like the Championship to be 2 rounds.

* Handicap: I am thinking it might be necessary to run handicapped events. Looking over the members currently in the society, all seem pretty accurate with what they have been scoring this season. ('cept mine...but it is not to my advantage at all)

* Event Length: I like 3 days to play single round Events (maybe do 4 days for 2 rounders)

I am open to any and all idea's.

You all seem like a good group of people, everyone is playing timely (for the most part).... I have been happy with the participation for sure.

We got some activity here in the forums...... keeps it fresh and alive for me.

On a side note....

I noticed most (if not all) players in this society play Madden.

I have been considering running a Madden Online Franchise for the last couple years, but dread trying to find people that are dependable, active players.

I have always wanted to run a "One Team per Division" Franchise.
So it would be 8 players total (would consider more for the right people)

So it's a mix of Head to Head and playing the CPU. (There is a need for players to be "sim"... if ya know what I mean ?)

Faster season turn around, with hopefully longer, deeper Franchise years......more Franchise building, than head to head battling.

So my decision to run this will depend upon if there is an interest for it.......
With you guys getting first dibs to join based off what you have already shown from playing in this Golf Society. (Though I have dibs on the AFC East if I do this)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2017, 12:13 AM   #86
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Gave it my best try fellas, game is just not for me, not fun, and cannot putt at all. always hits green, many times close to flag, and it just rolls past hole 20+ feet. Goodluck to all.
If you are doing that on the Yuma course.... there is something wrong with what you are doing power wise with the putter/putting.

I stink at putting on all the slopped, hilly greens... I just never get it right on how far to move the aim. But Yuma is a flat and slow greens course.

But then I see you quit, so I guess it does not matter, that's a shame !

Old 07-26-2017, 06:18 AM   #87
Pro

vertman's Arena

What's up Yukon, you did a nice job running the society and I am happy that I am a part of it. I do like the smaller number of events, between 5 and 10 is good but I wondered is you would consider moving each event to 2 rounds? Reason being if you tank the first round like I did a few times, you would have the second round to try and redeem yourself. Of course it could get worse, lol, just a thought though. Whatever you guys decide on I'm in. Thanks, see you on the course soon. Also I would be cool to have some real life courses in there too to replicate the real life tour.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:22 AM   #88
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

Thoughts for Season 2 and Madden League

Yukon, I am digging everything you are saying.

-I like the 3-day, single-round set up for regular tourneys with a 4-day, 2-round championship event

[EDIT - I am not opposed to regular 2-round events]

-I think running HCP events is a good idea, as well

-I am absolutely down for a Madden league with this group. I was going to hold off on purchasing it this year, but I will buy day 1 if we start a league.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt

Last edited by greenegt; 07-26-2017 at 09:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »